Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

-very good incentive, can't wait to start trying dresses on

Thanx everyone, tara ul get there nxt week, look how long these last couple of lbs took me!!!
Chicken is a good idea, as if u have nothing in u will pick at something fattening :(

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congrats Jeanette!! Thrilled 2 bits 4u breakin through another stone barrier!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Im healthy eating using MFP and exercising goodo!!! Flights booked so the thoughts of stripping off d layers is keepin me motivated!! Ya won't find til Ur off urself!!

Hi shoebe thanx am really pleased lowest i've ever been :D missed u lol. Glad u r doing good. How are u finding doing healthy eating? Where r u off on hols to? And when?
No, only 4 weeks 2moro now to mine, really looking forward to my holidays. Want to lose another 6 to 7 lb before hols (hopefully :rolleyes:) then when home from holidays (after losing what i put on lol) will come off exante and watch calories. Will do 5: 2 diet to maintain, when i get to goal i think.

The only thing is , when I buy chicken I end up eating it because I think it's ok lol ate a pack of ready cooked chicken today, a bar and a shake but burnt 250 Cals in the gym which isn't a lot but it's better than nothing I spose
What date you going away Jeanette? I'm going away in July but only to a caravan in Clacton :-( hopefully or will be warm x

Your going away aswell shoebe? Well jealous x

Hi Emmy off on the 3rd July for 2 weeks to a hotel in cala d'or Majorca (no kids :D) so 4 weeks tomoro :eek: would like to lose 6 or 7lb by then tho

Yes... Can't wait!! Off d 5th July to Lanzarote for nearly 7 wks... Spending 2 of d wks in Fuerteventura!! Everywhere else was 2 expensive.... Tax free island!!5th summer goin der.... As d saying goes 'if ya can't fix it don't break it!'

Hey Emmy I used 2 be d same re chicken... So I can't buy a roasted chicken in d shop as I cud keep pickin til its gone!! Seeing d cals for a grilled chicken breast on MFP has helped me cop on!!!

Last edited:
Oh, just after me lol, but 7 weeks!!!! I'm well jealous :D puts my 2 weeks in shade lol :D i'm bad enuf puting on weight after 2 weeks, but 7!!!!:eek: they wouldnt allow me on plane lol. Bet ur really excited? I am now, its getting closer. Hope ur managing ok on healthy eating? At least it will be a lot easier on hols.

Just been naughty!!! Had a dish of strawberries sprinkled with slenda(low cal sugar) hav resisted them for a few weeks but my mother had 3 punnets for 3 pounds in market, so...........:D oh well could hav been worse i suppose!!
Lovely day here, hope its the same where u are. Another 1/4 lb down this morning, was wondering as yesterday no breakfast but had chicken and veg out for lunch, then TOAST for tea (was lush too :eek:) AND a bar and 2 W.W. Cereal bars :eek: will hav to be good rest of today :(

Hi elisabeth, sorry ur not well. Cant help u re cold sorry as rarely get them. Just drink plenty and if really ill instead of having only shakes hav a protein and veg/salad meal as well. Someone else with more info will reply i bet.

I don't think it will make a difference to losses if you keep up the plan but it might make you feel crappy :-( just rest up and drink lots of water. Hope you get well soon

How did you eat all that and still lose Jeanette lol is kill for a slice of hot toast right now x

Hi emmy, was stuffed but couldnt stop eating:( most of that was teatime onwards as well!! With W.W. Cereal bar (85 cals) at 4pm, toast at 5.30 and another cereal bar then a bar at 8.30. Been good so far, except for strawberries i've had a bar for lunch and an egg white omelette with mushrooms (100 cals) for tea, and will have a pack for supper.

That's the time I always eat a lot, can we have ww bars instead of slim and save bars? X

I dont think so officially, but as they were only 85 cals i cheated lol:eek: i'm doing this vlcd for another 3 weeks then will do the lipotrim refeed for 8 days till my holidays.

Still haven't got under so I googled 'not losing on a low carb diet' one of the reasons is too much dairy... almost every day I have a couple of slices of cheese as they are low in carbs! Apparently the protein in cheese can spike your insulin or something anyways I have no idea what that means but shall be cutting out the cheese to see if that makes a difference! Hope everyone's having a good morning!

Hi tara, not heard that about dairy, praps ur more sensitive to it? Try it, its worth a try. I hav skim milk in my tea every day, started off allowing myself one mug a day but now..... I dont count lol :eek: dont seem to hav any probs tho. Try having chicken instead, not the same i know (i love cheese, really miss it :( )
I weighed (again lol) and am down another lb, so 1 1/4lb since wed :D 12st 12 1/4lb now :D
Sorry, am not rubbing it in, honest, just hav never been this light :eek:

I know but it was the only thing on the list that I'm doing it does actually say it only effects some people so it's worth a try!!

All of that said I moved my scales into the bathroom which is where I always used to weigh and it went down to 12st 10, I moved it slightly to be sure and back up to 13st it went! Possibly my scales are dodgy I'll know for sure when I weigh on Tuesday!

I'm excited for you well done! No going back!!

Avoiding Dairy:
Another low-carb food that can cause problems for some people is dairy.

Some dairy products, despite being low in carbs, are still pretty high in protein.

Protein, like carbs, can raise insulin levels, which drives energy into storage.

The amino acid composition in dairy protein makes it very potent at spiking insulin. In fact, dairy proteins can spike insulin as much as white bread (6, 7).

Even though you may seem to tolerate dairy products just fine, eating them often and spiking insulin can be detrimental to the metabolic adaptation that needs to take place in order to reap the full benefits of low-carb diets.

In this case, avoid milk, cut back on the cheese, yogurt and cream. Butter is fine as it is very low in protein and lactose and therefore won't spike insulin.

Back