Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Soo bad! It's always the last minute good weather plans that get me! I'm never prepared x

Same here Tara, weekends on a diet are bad x

Thats a brilliant idea lol or just sleep for a few months and wake up skinny lol x

Hello everyone, I've read through the entire thread over the last week...I'm actually doing Exante but it seems this is by far the busiest thread around and it is extremely supportive which is great. I did Lighterlife about four years ago and lost a lot of weight but then broke my spine in two places and because I was unable to exercise (and have been pretty depressed!) have put all the weight back on, plus loads more too! I will be having an operation in about a year so that was the final incentive to kick me back into trying again, together with the hope that losing weight will help with the pain (which is horrible) and mean I can reduce the vast amount of pain medication I take (which makes me mad!).

I'm very happy to have lost a stone in my first two weeks but know I could all too easily slip back without some support. People here seem so lovely and kind and I'd love to join you all!
Steph

Hi steph, welcome :D we're a mixed bag here, most are on shake that weight, but i'm on exante, after starting on STW.
U are doing great, a stone in 2 weeks!!! And with all ur problems it would be so easy to say oh bu***r it :eek: and comfort eat.
I'm on the last lap of my VLCD, as have nearly lost 7st (6st 11 1/2lb) and am off on hols on 3rd july. So hav decided to come off it when i return from holidays (after losing holiday weight :rolleyes:) and do healthy eating for last 10lb to 12lb

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well. Havent been on much hada bad couple weeks off plan but back on from today xx Shakes all day so in bed with a glass of coke zero now lol xx Weekends i agree are so hard xx Would love a fast forward button sometimes for them lol xxI am working this weekend so no obstacles hopefully. You are such an inspiration jeanette having done so well and thats great steph with your stone loss xx Your holiday will be here soon Jeanette well jealous lol xxx. We are not going away a big holiday this ye as r as doing some work around the house, a few long weekends will be my lot this year xx

Hi Martine, I am also in bed with a coke zero! Simple pleasures, eh!
Thanks for welcome Jeanette, reading all your posts has been a great inspiration and it almost feels like I know you a little now! I'm from South Wales too originally (Cardiff) and still have many relatives there.
I did say bu**er it and comfort eat which is how I ended up this heavy :eek::eek: But hope I've got a grip now. I want to lose a few more stone this way then lose the rest and maintain with 5:2 which seems amazing for weight loss and health benefits as well.

Hi all not been on much lately as I'm having a lot of trouble sticking to the plan bad weekend for me to promised myself to be good today had two shakes and ruined it by eating a load of homemade potato salad when I was at work getting really fed up with myself saying start again tomorrow why can't I just stick to it anyway hope everyone else is having a good day

Hiya Debs, it is really hard:.i try to do all I can to distract myself by being busy, keep imagining myself slim/looking at old photos and remembering how good I felt when I was slim and also by finding something tight and then trying it on regularly to see how it's getting that little bit looser everyday. When I did Lighterlife we had weekly counselling classes which were really a form of cognitive behavioural therapy and they told us not to be negative with ourselves. So instead of saying things like, I'm useless, I can't stop eating, I'll always be fat and so on, you have to turn those negative feelings into something positive, for example, I've still lost half a stone, now I know where I'm going wrong I can start going right, I'll start again today and things will be better, I did really well at the start of the day by having two packs, I've had a blip but I can stop now and carry on. If you're negative and down on yourself you're setting yourself up to fail because you're not really believing in yourself from the start. Hope these might help a little, not trying to preach or anything but I found it really useful brung told these things and it made me realise how I look at myself.

Yes tomoro is a new day, get some chicken in, so if ur going to eat something at least its protein. Also u can hav bouillon and ribena plus sugar free to drink.
I am also going to try 5 : 2 diet when at goal. Me at goal!!!! Never been thin, am at my lightest now, so am over the moon.

Welcome Stephanie, sounds like your on the right track! Losing a stone is a brilliant feeling.
Stuck to plan today so happy with that and went gym for an hour so really hoping to get that 2lb off I put on, probably a long shot in one day but I put it on in a day so surely it should come off lol, anyway sounds like most of us had a bad weekend so let's blame it on something being in the water and move on and shift some weight x

It's very hard as well because I work in a kitchen at a pub cooking food for eight hours a day and a lot of it is chips and all the things that i really like and can't eat I'm just getting myself in a right state and not a good one

Poor u debs :( that must be really hard. u deserve a medal not to pick lol.

nice day so far here, a little cloudy, but sunny as well, supposed to rain later tho :(. off to dress makers to have two dresses and a trousers shortened (have short legs lol, even tho am 5ft 6) and to ask her if she can make smaller a favourate maxi dress, its a size 24!!! am now a size 14/16 :D hope u all have a good day.

Well, back from dressmakers, and she's takin it in 4" each side AND down the back :eek: it looks better than when i bought it :D
Weighed (i know :eek:) and hav lost another 3/4 lb overnite, so thats 1.75 lb this week so far, hopefully will drop the other 1/4 lb in morning, on official weigh in.

Thanx debs, how are u doing today? resist that food, imagine it as something u don't like? with me it would be beetroot, yuck :D

all my mother says to me, (after saying how great i look :eek:) is u have lost enuf now, as if :rolleyes:!! i would like to get below the 12 even 11st 13 3/4lb would do lol but may make do!!!!!! with 12st 7lb, make do that would have been an impossible task to me last year :D

I tried thinking it's something I don't like but it never works for me lol anyway not been to bad so far today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed hope everyone has a good day

Welcome Steph... Good luck!! Don't feel too bad Debs it's soo hard especially long term!!

Weigh in tomorrow for me x

Back