Anyone tried the Atkins shakes?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by motherof2, 14 February 2011 Social URL.

1. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Has anyone tried the Atkins shakes? I think the reason I give in to temptation is because I dont have the time to prep Atkins friendly foods (especially for breakfast), so I end up not eating anything.. end up with a headache or starving and well you know the rest!

Any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beth3107

Beth3107 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    i use the atkins shakes/bars for those mornings when im in a rush, thwey arent too bad actually, the RTD ones are nicer than the powder. but i just make up a powder shake and pop it in the freezer whilst im showering/dressing/chasing DD around and then it comes out a bit thicker and nice and cold.

sometimes i put any leftover tea in the fridge and have that for brekkie, its a bit weird the first couple of times you eat chilli for breakfast!!! but when u see those pounds coming off you stop caring!!

good luck!

4. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    ROFL just seen this PMSL!!!!

5. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Yes the chocolate RTDs are the best premade shakes on the market IMO!

6. rosebug

rosebug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.65%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I haven't had the UK ones in about a year but remember not much liking the choc. ones. I've just bought some american version milk choc ones so will buy one of the UK type to compare this week - I'm thinking about breakfasts, too.

7. Wannabe Weeney

Wannabe Weeney Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Im not a breakfast fan so I have Atkins ready made shakes on work days its fast, convenient and delicious, my favourite is without doubt dark chocolate served ice cold.

I have been recommended the Atkins 'breakfast' bars but am eagerly awaiting my delivery.

8. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Thanks everyone.. very helpful

9. Kizzie2011

Kizzie2011 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.19%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I"m in the US and have the Dark Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla shakes. I love the chocolate one!.. I rarely get through the strawberry or vanilla shakes.. There is a coffee one out there too. I might have that frozen like a frappucino and add whipped cream!!!!.. 'there's an idea!

As for the bars.. I have had all of them... and to be honest, I'm not partial to them.. the sugary sweetness of them actually triggers my carb cravings.. and like regular chocolate (specifically milk choc).. I can't eat just one.. so I avoid them now.. (with sugar alcohols they produce terrible gas if you eat too many.. you're supposed to have 1-2 Atkins products a day at most.. )..

I haven't tried the UK Atkins shakes.. I haven't been home in a while.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.