Anyone tried the Atkins shakes?

motherof2

Has anyone tried the Atkins shakes? I think the reason I give in to temptation is because I dont have the time to prep Atkins friendly foods (especially for breakfast), so I end up not eating anything.. end up with a headache or starving and well you know the rest!

Any advice would be great. Thanks

i use the atkins shakes/bars for those mornings when im in a rush, thwey arent too bad actually, the RTD ones are nicer than the powder. but i just make up a powder shake and pop it in the freezer whilst im showering/dressing/chasing DD around and then it comes out a bit thicker and nice and cold.

sometimes i put any leftover tea in the fridge and have that for brekkie, its a bit weird the first couple of times you eat chilli for breakfast!!! but when u see those pounds coming off you stop caring!!

good luck!

Yes the chocolate RTDs are the best premade shakes on the market IMO!

I haven't had the UK ones in about a year but remember not much liking the choc. ones. I've just bought some american version milk choc ones so will buy one of the UK type to compare this week - I'm thinking about breakfasts, too.

Im not a breakfast fan so I have Atkins ready made shakes on work days its fast, convenient and delicious, my favourite is without doubt dark chocolate served ice cold.

I have been recommended the Atkins 'breakfast' bars but am eagerly awaiting my delivery.

I"m in the US and have the Dark Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla shakes. I love the chocolate one!.. I rarely get through the strawberry or vanilla shakes.. There is a coffee one out there too. I might have that frozen like a frappucino and add whipped cream!!!!.. 'there's an idea!

As for the bars.. I have had all of them... and to be honest, I'm not partial to them.. the sugary sweetness of them actually triggers my carb cravings.. and like regular chocolate (specifically milk choc).. I can't eat just one.. so I avoid them now.. (with sugar alcohols they produce terrible gas if you eat too many.. you're supposed to have 1-2 Atkins products a day at most.. )..

I haven't tried the UK Atkins shakes.. I haven't been home in a while.

Back