Anyone trying the recipies in the Magazine

I thought the July issue had some nice looking recipes to try.

I have made the smoked salmon with chilli - it is delicious. I would never have thought of cooking smoked salmon, but gave it a try and have had it twice now. I used the 87p smoked salmon trimmings from Sainsburys, so very economical to make.

I also liked the turky and bacon burgers. My 19 yr old son really liked them and said so - wow - a compliment from him is an achievement, so I will be making them again. I am also going to try the other burgers when I get a chance.

The sweet sticky pork wasn't so much a success though, it wasn't sweet and didn't go sticky. I added some sweetener to it to make it a bit more sweet, and it was OK, but don't think I'll bother with that one again.

Anyone else had any successes?

I havent yet, but there are a few that I want to try like the pork,sage & pineapple burgers, pineapple coleslaw, turkey & bacon burgers,

in the mag before i tried the summer salmon spaghetti one that was quite nice, i would love to try more but as its only me who would be eating it i tend not to bother as other half wont eat it

turkey & bacon burgers sound nice, might give them ago. My 3yr old won't eat anything different but will just give it to DH - i cook it, he eats it lol

Back