Anyone TTC?

issy22

hey girls!

We are TTC our first for the past 2 years, but unsuccessful due to the PCOS and no ovulation :(

I'm currently losing weight with SW and since the summer I've lost 2st 3lbs, although my periods still haven't regulated.. grr... but losing it to have fertility treatment - hopefully clomid! but need tobe BMI of <30 at moment 32.8 lol, so nearly there!

Just wondered if there is anyone in my shoes?? x x x

Hiya,

I have been ttc for the last 3 and a half years, but due to my weight and PCOS I am also not having periods. I also have lost 2 stone since July 2008 which hasn't help me have regular periods either.
So I am now on Reductil and following slimming world and like you need to hit a BMI of under 30, although I am aiming for lower than that.
I already have one son who is nearly 5 and I would love him to have a brother or sister. I also nanny for a 6 month old and a 10 month old and it makes me so broody - they are adorable!!

I wish you lots of luck with your weight loss and getting the help you need to conceive!

Hi sissy, me and my fiancee were TTC for nearly a year and half with no success, so my doctor put me on a combined pill with high amounts of hormones to try and shrink the cysts a little and actually after i come off it i will have an increased chance to concieve but me and my partner have put trying on hold for the mo as we both want to be fitter and healthier before we start to try again.

Im regular (only due to the pill) but i have Acute PCOS and Fybroids so ufourtunatly i dont think we have a hope in hell.

Still fun to try tho ;)

hi all i have pcos with all the symptoms, a period every 3 months, black coarse hair which i have had lazer treatment for and only a bit left one my face, overweight thin fine hair,
i went on diannette for a few years to help with the hormonal balance and it sorted out the cysts on my ovaries, i took metformin 500mg twice a day then went onto clomid after i got married (bmi was 35) im 32yrs old, i took 10mg tablets and got pregnant first month of using it, i have healthy lovely 18month old and have just had a baby boy 8wks ago with no clomid or medication, so keep trying have faith and you will do it, alot of the time you spend too long on the lower dose of 5mg clomid, no point after one month increase it to 10mg and see how u go, and of course keep the bed action going so you dont miss ovulation that month, my gp says once every 2-3 days all month will definatelty get the egg no matter which day it is released which is hard to predict in pcos ladies

good luck all xxx

Hi blush, love the advice, and am really happy for you. I am on metformin only at the mo, and trying to get the weight down.

I'll be seeing the consultant end of Jan, and I'm thinking or asking about clomid then...I'm 37 yrs old now, and getting rather desperate

hi sambraund
i dont want t offend you but at your age i would not ask but request clomid from your gynae, i work in the healthprofession and have worked in the gynae department, many overweight women without pcos have babies, your now losing with cd which will correct the hormonal imbalance and insulin resistance, the main risk/fear is getting diabetes in pregnancies which can lead to complications, so be very careful in eating healthy throughout n dont do the eating for 2 excuse, i tried hard t prevent diabetes n each pregnancy put on a stone n half(some thin ladies put on upto 4)

i wish u all the best

hi girls,

i also have pcos and have been ttc for 5 years, i had a miscarriage 4 years ago and an ectopic last year but have just started back on clomid 100mg now

xxxx

hi ladys
i also am trying to get my bmi down so i can have clomid as do not ovulate and have been trying for 4 years this year has got to be the year, my periods were ok so i thought i was ovulating but was not so need to lose weight so can have it the clomid good luck

my doctor have my me my clmoid even though my bmi was till slightly high. hope you get your clomid soon! we can support each other! 2010 has got to be my year to get pregnant im fed up of waiting!!

hi siany
my doctor will give me the clomid if i get my bmi to 35 it is 38 at mo so really need to try hard, lost 2 stone last year got to 16.2 and now 17.3 so fed up but back on w8 as want to lose weight as soon as pos. do you ovulate on your own

Hi all,
Just wondering if any of you chart your cycles?
I have PCOS and I was TTC and last November I stumbled upon a book all about fertility awareness and it is something I wish I had found years ago! I got mine 2nd hand off Amazon and when I got it I literally could not put it down....no I don't have shares in it!
It shows you how to pinpoint the exact few days of the month that you are fertile, teaches you to know whether you ovulated that cycle or not, it can even give you help showing if there are any problems such as a short LP in your cycle.
Needless to say I know my cycles are not regular but I know when I don't ovulate and I know that since last November I ovulated 3 times (just because there's a period doesn't mean you ovulated). And lucky for me that last time we timed it right cos I got my BFP! Its still sinking in and until I get my 12 week scan I will hold my breath.But not literally cos that aint good for the little bean.
Anyway sorry to rave about it but I believe every girl should read this information its our right to know our own bodies and how they work!
If you're interested take a look here..
Taking Charge of your Fertility Welcome to Taking Charge of Your Fertility
Losing weight is also good tho because the healthier your body is the easier your body will find it to support a growing baby. I lost about 30lbs and was planning on losing more but was surprised :)

Good luck to you all,

I had been TTC for 6 years and finally managed to fall pregnant last year BUT have had 3 unsuccessful pregnancies in a row, all at 5 weeks. Devestating, as you can imagine. Ive read the m/c may be due to low progesterone levels in us PCOS gals.

I think what helped me to conceive;

- loosing 3.5 stone as I now have a 28 day cycle and ovulate exactly 2 weeks after my period - most months
- low carbing as any carbs/sugars send my sugars all over the place even tho Im not diabetic I have the impaired glucose tolerance due to naffin PCOS
- dealing with stress better
- taking pre-conception vits, omegas and vitamin e
- no drinking or smoking
- no caffeine

Im hopeful I can get pregnant again but Im petrified of going through a m/c again.

Last edited:
aww im so sorry for your losses, ive had 2 the first one at 12 weeks 2 days and the 2nd at 6 weeks which was ectopic.

possible- ye ive read that book too did chart for a while but it wasnt for me

Hi i feel so bad for you both as just can not imagine what it must be like to finally have what we have wanted for so long and then not have, big hugs x x, i can only think that as you know you can conceive you will again i so hope 2010 is the year for us all.
I was had bloods taken every weekend for a week and my progestrone level was only 0.7 but i thought if i take clomid which i can not have yet as to fat, but when i can i thought it would make it go up does anyone know.

My doc also gave me clomid and i was a size 26! Sadly clomid didnt work and were still 3 years down the line TTC :(
Even lost the weight and got to a size 12 and no luck.Although sadly put alot back on and back on lipotrim now but hoping 2010 is my year !
Good luck guys xxx

Me, I'm trying to concieve. We've only been trying around a month though, so not asked for Clomid. I've got to get back on track with the weight loss, because the last time I lost weight my periods came back, regularly for a few months. I stayed pretty much the same weight, but they stopped when I stopped losing. I believe weight can help a lot with fertility.

I'm going to try the natural way.

Good luck, we'll all get there. It can be very sad and hard, I know. But try and stay positive.

just wanted to say that dreams do eventually come true. I lost 5 1/2 stone on cambridge diet last year in 5 months as been trying for a baby for 3 years and was struggling due to pcos. I had to lose the weight before I could get clomid and after just 2 cycles I found out I was pregnant. I now have 13 week old twin boys and couldn't be happier. I put most of the weight back on during pregnancy but have started the diet again now so that I can get back to where I was before. Just wanted to share this with u and wish u all luck with ur dreams.

Good luck to everyone TTC, I had a MC in Feb so we're back to TTC. Unpredictable cycles are so bleugh. I've got my fingers crossed loosing more weight might help but if it's doesn't I'm off to the docs to ask for clomid too!

I have been TTC for 2 years now i have PCOS so this makes it alot harder. Have had fertility treatment & surgery but it has not worked.... I am doing the CB diet as i need to lose 2.5st. Since 2007 the weight has just been slowly creeping on & im at my heaviest & gained near on 40 inchs all over :-(

Back