Anyone Up for a SUCCESS EXPRESS challenge?

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Well, having a feeling my loss this week is going to disappoint me, and whilst I may be wrong my gut is telling me that its not going to happen. My scales are similar to my meetings and they say I've lost niente, nada, zip, zilch this week.:sigh:

Now, I'm embarking on a personal target of 2 stone by Christmas, which means I need to lose about 2lbs a week until then. And I want to get off to a really good start, so this week I am going to give Success Express a go.

Just wondered with 14 weeks to Christmas, who wants to join me in a wee SE week?

SE rules are:

• 3 meals per day. Only Superfree and HEX's to be snacked on. (so no mugshots, mullers etc as between meal snacks)

All meals to consist of 2/3rds Superfree. However, the other 1/3rd can be made up of just red free (ie meat), just green free (ie pasta), ee free (ie tuna jacket potato), or just free (ie eggs, quorn etc)

All syns to be taken at the higher value. So for example, if something has 2 syns on red, and 8 syns on green, you need to count it as 8 syns.

If you have something made up of 3 courses, you have to syn both the starter and the dessert, unless the starter/dessert is made up of Superfree (ie. melon for a starter, and fruit cocktail for dessert).

If you choose to have a second helping, you can, as long as it follow the 2/3rd superfree rule.

You are allowed the standard 5-15 syns per day

I'll be starting tomorrow morning (Thursday) running until Wednesday night weigh in. I'm going to try and go for the whole week, I know it might be hard but I need a kick/boost.

Anyone else joining you don't need to do the whole week - just what you fancy.

Who's in?

Im in. Started it this morning anyway but think that i will need help

And this week I lost 2lbs, which I admit (And I'm probably wrong to) I'm disappointed in. Combination of things including restarting hospital shifts and an episode of D&V would have been more. So still no 2 stone award for me.

Ah well

So SE from tomorrow then. My fats GETTING IT this week.

My second real day on SE and I don't know how I feel about WI tomorrow! Fingers crossed :) and Lexie, you may be disappointed (hugs) but I would kill for 2lbs off right now!

I think I will keep at it for a few more days and maybe have one or two days off SE (most probably Sunday and maybe Monday?) but will be happy to join in the challenge, if you're happy to have me? xxx

The more the merrier, I'm going to try for the full week, but if anyone wants to join for a day or two, thats fine too!

heya lexi dog:) i would really be up for trying this, i was wondering if tomorrow night you could post up a food diary on here? just so i can see the sort of things to have, i think i understand the rules of it, but knowing me will get confused:S like for breakfast normally i have two slices of toast (heX) a banana and an apple, what would i have if doing SE?xxx

I wanna try join in to boost my loss, butt im scared if i cant stick to it !!

Nadiya you'll never know if you never try. Just try it, even for 1 meal, it won't do you any harm. If a full day seems like too much, try one meal a day for a week, stick to your normal plan but make 1 meal 2/3 superfree?

Todays menu, Day 1:

B: Choc weetabix (HEB1+2 Syns), 250ml milk (HEA1) Yoghurt, cherries
L: 2 Slices Hovis toasted (HEB2 + 3 syns), Tinned Tomatoes, Apple, peach
D: Superfree veggie soup followed by Giant Field Mushroom, with egg on top.
Snacks: Fruit or Veg only
Syns for the day: 5 so fa

Here's my SE day for yesterday peeps

Breakfast - oatsosimple and scan bran (B) made with water and fresh raspberries added

Mid morning - carrot sticks and banana

Lunch - tuna (1/3) and a huge salad. carrot sticks and a pear.

Dinner - chicken breast with a few roast parsnips (1/3) carrots, mashed swede, cauli and cabbage. Gravy (3 syns)

Supper - 42g rf cheese (A) in quark spread on 3 sweet onion ryvita (B) with salad leaves.

3 rich tea (6 syns)

Took a lot of planning but I wasn't hungry.

Point to note - you can also snack on foods which are free on both plans but not superfree ie fat free dairy and eggs (so you can snack on yoghurts and cottage cheese if you wanted to)

Just had the breakfast on the new SE leaflet
3 huge portabello mushrooms
tinned plum tomatoes
1 egg (scrambled) and small amount baked beans (1/3)
With a B choice of toast.

Stuffed!!

can i ask you guys to check what i had today to see if i'm doing it right? sorry to be a right pain:p
Breakfast- a banana, a apple and cuppa tea (i use my HEA on milk in tea throughout the day)

Lunch- homemade veggie soup (all veggies blended) with a white crusty roll (6 1/2 syns)

snack-cadbury crunchie biscuit (4 syns)

Dinner- big salad with an egg and quorn sausage cut up in it

snack in the eve- 2 slices toast (heb) a banana and an apple
thanks for reading=D

Emzy that looks fine, but remember you are allowed a total of 4 HEx's 2a choices and 2 b choices

o awesome i didn't know that, thanks loads lexi gives me more things to have tomorrow if i get peckish with that option open, thanks loads for looking over my diary too, you're a star! xxxx

Where is your red and green free food? You should make your meals up with a third of them, so with your soup have some meat for a third and with your evening meal have something with it, even if it's potatoes or pasta or rice for your third.
You get 2 A and B choices too.

You can have 3 meals a day on SE with the 2/3rds & 1/3rd principle so try to have more for your breakfast.

Eat more!!

Where is your red and green free food? You should make your meals up with a third of them, so with your soup have some meat for a third and with your evening meal have something with it, even if it's potatoes or pasta or rice for your third.
You get 2 A and B choices too.

You can have 3 meals a day on SE with the 2/3rds & 1/3rd principle so try to have more for your breakfast.

Eat more!!

Also Jaylou is right, I missed the free food aspect of it as was shattered last night. I apologise.

So in addition to the Healthy Extra's remember you are eating 1/3 of the plate free too. The only thing you had yesterday that would include free would be the Quorn Sausage and Egg.So eat more.

Im not sure if im doing it right
Breakfast-42g all bran, apple, pineapple chunks, milk
Snack-orange
Lunch-homemade veg soup (peppers,leeks,onoins,courgette,carrots,sweet potato,butternut squash)
Snack-pink and white (2 1/2 syn), maltesers (5 1/2 syn)
Dinner- quorn chilli (quorn,carrots,green beans,asparagos,peppers,leeks,kidney beans,soya beans,sweetcorn,peas,courgette)
Pudding-strawberries,red currants,blackcurrants,raspberries, muller

my 2nd HEX B was 6 walnut halves

Back