Anyone wanna join Gen & I with our restart???

dreaded day 5!

ok so this is downfall day for me, i always have to eat on this day every week!

had plans to be out all day but thats not happening now, so plan b is to sit here and type and play them arcade games which i have recently discovered!! that should keep my hands busy!

my tummy is talking to me every 20 mins, but im not going to feed it.. i just aint gonna give in today!!
have had a litre of water and no shakes yet.. keeping that for when im really desperate!

we can do this.. its not for long, ohhhh im just thinking about that bikini! :)

hope everyone is getting on ok... day 5 so the first week of restart is nearly done... keep going!!

Lisee xx

Hi Everyone

At last after dreadful holiday weight gain it's coming down.

I tried the husks yesterday. Had a real disaster! It all looked fine and then kept going thicker and thicker. I'd used chocolate and I can't tell you what it looked like. Well like the point of it eating it, but without entering my body. And then I made the mistake of tipping it into the sink. Which it blocked. And it seperated out into long sausages and looked like intestines and totally freaked out my DH when he came to find out what the commotion was. Had to get Mr Muscle to unblock the sink!

Eventually, I did manage to make a poridge out of the banana flavour with some cinammon. Tasted like baked bananas.

Only 7 to 10 lbs to go. Would love to be there by Christmas.

Lisee - you can do it and beat the day 5 demon! Have I read your stats right - are you near to losing a stone?

Becks - sorry to hear you're poorly, hope you you feel better when the a/b's kick in.

Day 5
Did without breakfast because I want a soup and a mousse for dinner tonight. Felt OK and have just had a chocolate & cinnamon porrige (very filling!) so I know I'll be fine until dinner time now.

It'll be nice looking forward to my weigh-in instead of dreading it!

Day 5 today I think!

Oh no Soraya!! That sounds awful... I had pretty much the same experience when I tried the PHs for the first time ended up tipping 3 packs worth into the bin!!

I'll tell you what works for me-
I don't use them with the shakes at all except to make porridge which I don't often cos I just don't like it (PH porridge that is, I love normal porridge!) it just looks too slimey for my liking!
I have them in my soups & I DON'T MIX THEM IN, this is very important for me cos otherwise it goes like glue, I just sprinkle them on top & then stir it in, two teaspoons are a good amount!
Otherwise I have a teaspoon in low-salt Marigold stock & that's really lovely!
Tried them in crisps once too & that was great, really thickened them up & made LOADS of crisps with the mix!!! I think I put 3 teaspoons in with a packet of chicken & mush!!

Anyway, good luck, I take them everyday but still get really bunged up to the point where I can't sit down due to 'ripped-ring' syndrome!!! sorry if tmi!!! I have never taken laxitives before but think I will start now if it happens again (only on day 5 so still a bit early but I can feel things slowing down already), also got glycerine suppositories when I was in New York a few weeks ago which I plan to use if it gets bad again (at least they don't actually have to go through your system!)

All I can think about is eating at the moment.. I still feel fairly strong but the weekend is coming up & that's always my worst time...

Good luck everyone over the weekend, see you the other side!!!

Anna XXX

Stay strong anna- c'mon girl you can do it :D

Soraya - had to laugh at your story of the blocked sink - tho sure it wasnt funny at the time!!

Well done to all of you who are going strong.

day 2 kind of today - didnt get back on properly on tuesday as was going to a funeral on wednesday and knew I would eat - back on yesterday tho.. but poor geri is sick :( I have a rotten cold but not just any old cold - as I type this my teeth are hurting - the back ones.. never noticed that before when I've had a cold :eek: Went out shopping earlier was bending down to find a shoe for jack in the shoe shop and my teeth were really hurting when I bent down lol plus I have a bad headache - think is more to do with the cold than being on day 2. I can't taste anything - so spose thats a good thing as no point eating something if I can't taste it!!

Anyway nuff of my moaning - keep going everyone :p

Gerri - I was doubled up laughing at the look on my DH's face - he was completely grossed out as he didn't know I was trying the husk and couldn't figure out what it was!!

They should make a B movie like The Blob with it!

The cold sounds bad - have you tried echincea it's meant to cut the length of colds by half and it's OK on SS.

Anna -Good luck with the weekend! I find them easier as I haven't told them at work about CD and am covertly having my shakes! Also, if I get held up in meetings I can't eat the packs on time and end up with cravings. Mind, they've got used to me leaving every 5 mins to go to the loo. They even leave me the seat closest to the door now - I think they've decided I'm incontinent!

The cold sounds bad - have you tried echincea it's meant to cut the length of colds by half and it's OK on SS.

I can vouch for Echinacea ... I take the tabs whenever there are colds going about and I either don't get them at all or if I do, they tend to be 'mild' and over within a few days.

I just get the cheapie ones from Asda ... they key is to take them regularly every day though (but not for more than 2 weeks) :)

hi soraya,

yes to the 11lbs, had a weigh in and lost that for my first and second week. i get my second weigh in this coming sunday and that will be week 4 weigh in, so hoping for the whole stone to be gone!! :)

thing is i wont get to weigh then until january the 7th, as cdc meets on sunday, and im going away for 2 of them on holidays, one of which will be my first aam, so im a bit nervous of having my first aam abroad! :eek: and the next 2 sundays are xmas and new year.. i dont want to lose the plot, so have to be very strong......

so will be going away on sunday the 10th and coming back on sunday the 17th, i plan from the 17th december to the 7th of january to try and lose 7lbs... that is taking into consideration my holiday and xmas.... oohhhh can i really be that good :rolleyes: , only time will tell.....

just hope my will power dont crash and burn in the meantime!

Lisee xx

it would be nice t

hi soraya......

am pleased to say that in the 4 weeks on this diet yesterday was the first "day 5" that i did without a cheat!!! am feeling very proud of myself! i got through it... by reading all day and playing games on here!! was determined to do it!

i have my week 4 weigh in tomorrow, and i know i have lost a chunk worth of flab... i can just feel it and because my little mini skirts fit me!!! (see pic) so i did some clothes trying on yesterday as well which helped, i had 2 sticky moments, one was with an xmas tree choc, and the other was with my sons cheese and beans toastie with brown sauce :eek: but i resisted :)

so now its day 6 of "restart" and all is well this end..... for a change!

roll on tomorrow!!! weigh in and a NEW WEEK!!!

Lisee xx

Hi,

Lisee well done!! I had a big Tesco order arrive yesterday with loads of Christmas food, yule logs, panettone etc. I felt real sorry for myself. Then I came off this site and went for some water and saw it all sitting on the kitchen table and thought - this is all the stuff that would stop me reaching where I want to be by Christmas and something shifted in my thinking. Instead of hearing it call how good it would be to taste, it felt like it was calling come to me and fail which is really easy to resist. Obviously I've been on CD too long if I'm having conversations with food:rolleyes:

Have a Christmas do tonight, cancelled all the others and forgot this one. Have offered to drive so no hassle with the alcohol. Thank goodness I'm on 790, so I can have the turkey - no gravy and any gree/white veg on the plate. DH has instructions to quietly take my starter and dessert after I've played with it for a bit to look as if I'm eating.

Have bought a new top from Next in size 12 which I have never worn in my life so no incentive to eat more at all. I hope...

wow soraya!

that is excellent, size 12 from next..... no yule log would tempt me away from that...hehe:D

it is hard with all them crimbo goodies arriving.... am just planning to take it one day at a time, and resist for as long as possible!

i plan to eat anything i want on boxing day, but even after giving up on cd for 1 day last sunday and thinking "what the hell" i ate anything i desired and found i couldnt manage much more than what i would eat in one meal... and that was for the whole day! hope it will be the case when the time comes to eat!

supposed to be starting an aam week tomorrow, but am ssing and having the aam week as of next sunday while away in tunisia. sooo have to be very good!

well done on the weight loss so far, and congratulations on the size 12 top!! oohhh i cant wait till its my turn!!!

Lisee xx

hi slim at heart.....

WOW.. have just come across your before and now pics on this site!!! you look amazing!!! and 3 stone gone in that time is awesome!!!

any tips he he;)

Lisee xx

Hi girls!

Lisee- aaah thanks, honestly I'm not really doing well, it's taking me ages but I am going down & that's all that matters, my graph on extrapounds.com looks like a heart ecograph (or whatever they're called) but it's mostly a downward pattern & that's all that matters.

I try not to get too hung up on the whole thing & have decided now that I will SS all week & then eat small meals at the weekends, that way I lose around 3lb a week & don't put it back on at the weekend.. I can live with that & hopefully learn something along the way!

Any the pics make me look good I reckon cos I'm all in black & also I never though for a minute I was as big as my 'before' pic shows.. mad isn't it??

Roch- welcome to our little group of support, glad to have you here, best of luck!!

Hope everyone's having a good one
Anna XXX

Day ummmm 6? 7?

I went out last night and up to that point had only eaten one pack. I wasn't in the mood for a soup so I had a small pot of low fat cottage cheese and a mousse.

In the past, I'd have seen that as a 'failure' but I don't think it'll have much (if any) effect on my weigh in on monday.

Posted my latest update piccie on my photobox (link below) taken just before I went out.

Well it serves me right for being so cocky about last nights meal - got there and they weren't serving the menu we had been given! So much for my plans! There wasn't any chicken or turkey or fish (they baked it in a cheese sauce). Had smoked salmon but it came fried in a croquette with sweet potato and roast beef with cheese to follow (that or the sticky toffee pudding or apple pie or creme caramel!) - but ate the celery.

Came home and glugged back loads of water for damage limitation. Then totted it all up this morning and realised that I had drank 7l which is dangerously high.

Sow with some fear tested this morning - still in ketosis and LOST 0.5lbs. :) :confused: :)

I don't understand, but I'm very happy.

I weighed in today guys.... soo thank yo all so much for listening to my waffle, and for the inspiration to carry on... it was well worth it! i lost a whopping 7 and 1/4 lbs... i am so chuffed, and to think i was giving up this time last week, and willing to pack it all in.

but im in the 12's.... (just!) and 1/4lb under 2 stone to go!! oooh i can see my goal approaching!!

would not have carried on but for the faith my cdc had in me and all you lovely people keeping me on track.

woo hoo.. bring on week two of restart!!!! :)

Lisee xx

Back