Anyone watching Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

big bear

A bear on a mission!
The wedding dresses they wear are huge...also the outfits they wear are a bit skimpy.

I'm not sure I like the idea of 'grabbing' a girl but I guess the girls are used to the way the community works.

They get married very very young.

'course they do...
they all have 16 kids and them caravans are small.. they got to get em hitched and out into their own caravans ASAP... :)

A few things thar I can't seem to understand is how do big families live in such small caravans? Why do the girls leave school so early to stay at home and do the housework? How do they get all that money for those fancy weddings?

A few things thar I can't seem to understand is how do big families live in such small caravans? Why do the girls leave school so early to stay at home and do the housework? How do they get all that money for those fancy weddings?

Good questions, I've no idea of the answers

My hubby always wonders, how can they have really expensive cars and can afford £10,000 wedding lol

We was saying that in some ways living it a large static caravan isn't too much of a daft idea......It's cheaper than a house, has all the comforts of a home and they don't have to pay council tax ( I think) The only thing that got me was they didn't have toilet in the caravan!

Tarmac on ya drive etc selling stolen goods or empty boxes with bricks in !!! That's what they do in this neck of the woods :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OH and I were discussing this last night and were thinking do they pay income tax or anything as I would think a lot of cash in hand must go on. They don't have toilets in their caravans as last week one of the brides said that they felt it was very unhygenic. I feel sorry for the girls as they can barely read or write which in turn leads them to accepting the traveller way of life as it is all they know. Another question is why wear such lavish dresses on their wedding day and barely a belt any other time lol.

i loved this show on the first season - season two is brilliant too!!!!

I have no idea where they get money from!!! my wedding is costing a fortune and both of us work full time!!! x

If they travel around so much, they avoid bills...council tax...mortgage...! I couldn't believe that guy in this weeks episode who buys a brand new car twice a year! Clearly the recession hasn't affected them. Made me chuckle a bit when they were discussing how they have morals...and take religion very seriously...and then on the other hand you have 6 year old + girls dressed like...well with next to nothing on dancing so provocatively!

Good on the independent girls though, who are fighting back and getting jobs...getting educated!

Back