Anyone with 10 stone to lose

I have over 10 stones to lose. It's not going to badly as I have lost just under 2 stones in 4 weeks since starting lighter life.

Good luck on your journey.

Hi Guys, I've lost 11 stone 12lbs now which has took me around 10 months!! Still got another stone/ stone and a half to go so not quite there!! You can and will all do it!! So go all you Lighterlifers!!! The prize is yours to take (and even the floppy skin is a minor detail!!)

Bexnkev, you are amazing. Just checked out your pictures and you look like a different person. Are you left with loose skin as this is my worst fear. I know I will have some as I recently had a baby and had a caesarean which left me with an overhang on my stomach but I just don't want to be too saggy everywhere

Hi Tanya Jade. Yes, I reached my 10 stone lost mark on Monday. Started LL on 1st April so it's pretty much six months. Have done quite a bit of exercise in the past 4 months in particular which has kept things coming off at a steady 5lbs a week. Sometimes more. You're doing great so far. As, I say, stick to the plan and you'll be at your goal in no time I promise. Good Luck (not that you'll need it. LL is easy)

ps keep drinking your water xx

I know the water is a pain. Especially when you have a weak bladder like me! But it makes such a difference. In the weeks I've not had min of 4 litres I don't lose nearly as much. You'll soon get used to it. I've always got water with me now and probably have about 6 litres a day. And my skin is so soft and smooth now it looks like I've been airbrushed!
One habit I'll definietly try to carry on when I start eating again is the water. Don't feel right if I don't have a drink with me at all times!

I agree Rachel!!! Gotta have me water!!
Tanya, the saggy skin is no where near as bad as you would anticipate!! yeah you do get some but when losing this much weight in this time that is inevitable...don't worry...you'll look great :D

AND - the loos skin is kind of fun to play with!! :D You can make it do all sorts of wierd things!! :D

And hey, speaking of wierd things - I just discoverd something last night! Not only can I feel my ribs - I canmake the bottom one move!! Are you supposed to be able to do that? I know they are flexible for coughing, etc., but I wouldn't have thought you could FEEL them moving!!?? Wierd things you never know about your body when its buried under the weight of the world!!! ;)

BL you really make me laugh!!! Finding my jawline emerging has made me happy so when i eventually find my ribs I shall be ecstatic!!

You ladies who have lost a this weight soo quickly - I'm in awe of you. This is what keeps me going - the thought of being able to do exactly the same - I just keep thinking that it's such a short space of time out of my life to dedicate to this and getting the majority of the weight off - then I can deal with the other stuff in due course. You really are an inspiration. xxx

you've got just the right attitude wytchy. And it's so much fun in the process with everyone telling you how great you're looking it's pretty straight forward. I know I've been really lucky with the support I've had, plus there were three of us who had a huge amount to lose in my group and we've all stuck at it which means now not only do I have a smaller waist, but have I have made two really good friends out of the whole experience too. We're always texting to see how each other is getting on in between meetings. And we're organising a Christmas party for the original group to get together which will be great for us all to celebrate just how far we've come since last year.
My boyfriend has been so supportive, as have my colleagues at work.
As for the saggy skin? Well, I'm never going to have a stomach you can bounce pennies off but it's not all that bad. I always carried most of my weight round my stomach (waist has gone from a whopping 55inches to 31) so it's inevitable there's going to be a bit of a deflated balloon look going on. I look great in clothes though, and my bf thinks my body is so sexy now he completely sees past the saggy skin. As BL says, it's a bit fun actually!
I wore a bikini on the beach this summer and let it all hang out. I don't care any more. I've spent my whole life being paranoid about what other people think. But now, I've lost 10 stone, want to enjoy my holiday and if people want to stare so what- I want to get my saggy bits brown too!!
Don't worry about the little things. The main things is slimming down and feeling so much happier in yourself. Yes, I have a constant reminder of my 'past life' in the form of my skin but it's part of what has made me what I am today and whilst I wish it had never happended, there's no point in making my life a misery because I'm not a physically perfect specimin. Then again, who is?!
Good luck with everything.
R xx

I definately admire your outlook roundrachel and you are right, nobody is perfect. I just want to be able to go into a normal shop and be able to get something that fits rather than be restricted to Evans and online shopping. I had better start saving now. I also have a really supportive husband which makes a huge difference and the rest of my family are all behind me. So fingers crossed, it will come off and I am determined to stick to it even if it means sewing my mouth up and leaving a straw hole!

You'll be amazed how quickly you get results. I'm going down a dress size a month at the moment so getting through clothes pretty quickly. We've got a great system with our group. People bring in clothes that are too big and bring them along and we usually swap things every week. It makes things a lot cheaper and gets you through each dress size! And you'll be even more amazed that even when you've shrunk you still pick up the big sizes and go into Evans. Force of habit I guess. Now there's so much choice of clothes I don't know where to start!
There are so many things to look forward to. And that's all you can do...look forward.
Good luck and keep going. You'll be on here in a couple of months giving people the same encouragement xx

Hi everyone

I didn't quite have 10 stone to lose, but almost: 8.5 stone.

I have lost my first 1 stone and 10lbs already in the past 5 weeks on LL. Am hoping for a loss of 4lbs this week to hit the 2 stone mark! Best of luck on all your journeys, and look forward to seeing less of all of you LOL!!

Yes, we need to take each week at a time. We can do this and we will do this. I plan to take pics after each stone is gone so compare so I can track my progress. You guys should do the same

Brill idea about the pics TJ, I didn't take any after my first stone, but I will deffo start doing this. It will inspire us when we are back on food aswell, not to let ourselves get back to the way we were!!

started off in March at 23 stone and now weigh 13.1 . Weigh in tonight so hopefully will reach my 10 stone mark! 5ft 9 and want to get down to about 10.5 stone.
Can't believe I've got this far this fast. Skin on my tummy is a bit saggy but I don't care. I even wore a bikini on holiday last month. If things don't spring back into shape so what, I can fit into a pair of Levis now!
The time has gone so quickly and I've stuck to it 100%. The easiest way to lose weight I'm sure. Hope to start management around December so at least I can have a bit of Turkey on xmas day!
It may be daunting to think how much you have to lose but belive me it will fall off you. I've done nothing special. Just stuck to the plan. Never thought I'd be one of the people writing that it's possible to lose such a huge amount of weight. This could be you in just a few months time! Good luck everyone xx

Wow well done round (or not so round) rachel!! What an inspiration!! I think I have a bit of self doubt too, I mean I can see the weight coming off and I know I can stick to the plan... but part of me just can't comprehend me being 'slim' one day... I have to keep telling myself that yes it will happen, and soon!!!

Have done quite a bit of exercise in the past 4 months in particular which has kept things coming off at a steady 5lbs a week. Sometimes more.

Hey roundrachel,
just wondering what kind of exercise you are doing? I am fasting for ramadhan at the moment, but once it finishes in about a week i definitely want to start exercising. Do you go to a gym or exercise at home? What kind of exercises do you do?? Thanks x

WOW you are all amazing! Such willpower. Ive got 10stone plus to lose started healthy eating new years day,but am not going to weigh myself for two whole months, to avoid any weekly dissapointment. Keep up the good work - shell

Hi Lines9633

I have over 10 stone to loose too. I started on W8 last Sunday, but am switching to LL on 29th (can't wait).

Good luck & keep checking in - we're here to help & the guys above are such an inspiration & help to inspire us to keep going.

Back