• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Anyone with tips for stretch marks?

BigSarahJ

S: 13st2lb C: 13st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi all,
After putting on my weight quite quickly during pregnancy and after, I have been left with nasty stretchmarks. I've noticed them a lot more since losing weight (have lost 2 stone so far) and as I lose more I'm worried they will look worse.
Anyone got any good tips? Or am I stuck with them? :sigh:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Letty

S: 14st1lb C: 10st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 3st6lb(24.37%)
Hi Sarah,
I've recently converted from using Bio Oil on mine to a new product called Phytaoil, because I decided I preferred something that wasn't petrochemical based (which Bio Oil is). I am really pleased with the Phytaoil (Rosehip based) and would recommend it for sure.

BigSarahJ

S: 13st2lb C: 13st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
oooh, thanks for the tip had also thought about biooil but wasn't sure about it. I havent seen the rosehip one, do you know where I can get it?

Letty

S: 14st1lb C: 10st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 3st6lb(24.37%)
I get mine from the Nutricentre counter in the big tescos near me, but I think you can get it online too. The Nutri Centre - Phytaoil

How long does it take for stretch marks to go away? I'm very impatient, but would love to know that the above actually works, and I will persist! thanks!

S: 9st9lb C: 8st4lb G: 8st3lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 1st5lb(14.07%)
stretch marks are caused by the elastin in your skin being stretched beyond its capacity, they never go but will fade over time but leave the skin with a rippled effect. I am currently using the new Palmers oil - has the added benefit of smells of cocoa!!!! don't think it will do anything to my marks but I get the benefit of a cocoa hit LOL!