Anyone with tips for stretch marks?

BigSarahJ

Hi all,
After putting on my weight quite quickly during pregnancy and after, I have been left with nasty stretchmarks. I've noticed them a lot more since losing weight (have lost 2 stone so far) and as I lose more I'm worried they will look worse.
Anyone got any good tips? Or am I stuck with them? :sigh:

Hi Sarah,
I've recently converted from using Bio Oil on mine to a new product called Phytaoil, because I decided I preferred something that wasn't petrochemical based (which Bio Oil is). I am really pleased with the Phytaoil (Rosehip based) and would recommend it for sure.

oooh, thanks for the tip had also thought about biooil but wasn't sure about it. I havent seen the rosehip one, do you know where I can get it?

I get mine from the Nutricentre counter in the big tescos near me, but I think you can get it online too. The Nutri Centre - Phytaoil

How long does it take for stretch marks to go away? I'm very impatient, but would love to know that the above actually works, and I will persist! thanks!

i use cocoa butter,seems to help a little,just have to keep trying different things to see what suits your skin.

stretch marks are caused by the elastin in your skin being stretched beyond its capacity, they never go but will fade over time but leave the skin with a rippled effect. I am currently using the new Palmers oil - has the added benefit of smells of cocoa!!!! don't think it will do anything to my marks but I get the benefit of a cocoa hit LOL!

Back