Anything horse related

c2b - She sounds an amazing woman. I wish i had that control over my little cavalier!!! :)

I have had a fantastic ride on charlie today. We went out hacking on some lovely bridleways. Have to do about 20mins of road work but have then found loads and loads of tracks and bridleways so am very happy!!

Boofaloo I am so pleased you and Charlie had a nice hack. I am still amazed at how being round a horse can totally alter how I feel.
Yesterday I had a lovely lesson. When I first got Zoe she was not well schooled. She had been a brood mare all her life and although was bomb proof and very easy to manage when spring came and seasons started along with spring grass I started struggling a bit with her. I asked an experienced very calm quiet rider I know who has nothing to ride herself, if she would like to ride Zoe a couple of times a week just to keep her ticking over and the pressure off me to ride...she almost bit my hand off lol. This lady has been schooling Zoe, I never asked her to but it's her favourite bit of riding. She has even taught Zoe to jump !! Yesterday for the first time I really noticed a difference in Zoe. She was tracking up beautifully and really working from her back end, like she had springs in her hocks lol. It was just one of those lessons where everything goes right.
I haven't had any real struggles with Zoe since the spring but the agreement with this lady remains. She has Zoe twice a week to do with as she wishes or not at all lol. It suits us both.
And on a totally different note. My grandaughter who is 4 and particularly tiny, rides at our local school. Her other grandmother takes her and has just bought her the cutest little leather riding gloves. They are so tiny and so cute brings tears to my eyes lol.

I fell off today!!!!

Took charlie in the arena and was schooling him. He got a little strong and as we rounded a corner he tripped. I lost my balance and came off!!
Luckily neither of us are hurt. Charlie stopped and then walked back over to me as if to ask me if i was ok!! Bless him. I got straight back on and had a bit of a walk and trot around - all was fine and my confidence doesnt seem to have been knocked - just my pride!!!!!!

Ah well at least i know i kind of bounce. Have just ordered myself a body protector though ;)

Joy & charlie

COM hows things going in the land of horse ownership?

Boofaloo I always wear a body protector. Not because I am safetly consious but to keep my boobs under control they seem to have a life of their own. :D

Zoe goes for the cheerleader pom-pom effect in hi-vis. Do you think we can be seen? I wear a hi-vis jacket as well!!

Copyof2006_1208_ZOE_hi_vis10125.jpg

2006_1208_ZOE_hi_vis0121.jpg

Zoe has also discovered how to escape from her stable and raid the hay store. So to combat this until beloved OH gets round to sorting it out permanantly we have a very high tech...........WOODEN SPOON!!

2006_1203_CARLY_MUG_0044.jpg

Am loving the reflectives!!!!

I have some leg bands and a reflective jacket that i wear. Very tempted to get some chrostmas lights to go around us both at this festive time !!!! :D ;)

All is well with charlie and I. Winter is officially here and is PANTS. I hate being cold which as you horse owners will know is just normal for us at this time of year. We are on day in day out at the yard now which is actually better than i thought it would be. Charlie has adapted well and he is enjoying the extra haynets he has!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone and their horses. Lots of cuddles and virtual carrots for you all. xxx

Back