Aoife's refeed diary

Aoife

Silver Member
Day One

LT - Vanilla Shake
LT - Flapjack

Dinner:
4ozs (cooked) Turkey Breast baked with lemon juice, fresh chopped tarragon, & parsley.
Green Salad - lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, spring onion (scallion) & watercress.

Lady at the chemist said to keep the salad green and watch the carbs. So no tomatoes for me, today.
Ate it all even though I do think maybe the salad was a bit large. Turkey was okay, bit of a non event.
Mind you that is good means food is now fuel rather than a luxuary.

Water : 2 litres +; Tea with skimmed milk: 2 mugs (not as nice as I remember); Decaf coffee: 6 mugs

Day Two

LT - Shake Vanilla

4ozs (cooked) Turkey Breash baked double last night.
Green salad as above, plus 2 small tomatoes surely they cannot hurt, and raw mushroom with a splash balsamic vinegar.

4ozs steamed haddock fillet
Green salad as at lunch.

Water: at least 2 litres +

Last edited:
hi didnt realise u were refeeding, thought it was just me and scots! well done on all your loss! ;)
so how r u finding refeed?

Not as amazing as I thought, but I'm just being patient at the mo. Taking it steady.

I hopefully will not being going back to TFR, I don't think they will let me now, BMI under 28. Said I could do maintain, but seeing how the refeed goes. It's a bit nerve racking, in case you put on too much weight or do it wrong. So hoping to follow it too the letter.

Best of luck with your meal tonight, hope it taste lovely for ye.

thanks ;) i not at goal yet so want to do tfr after hols ! thanks again;)

HI Aoife

Didnt realise about the tomatoes....I know they are high carb, but I thought the re-feed sheet said we could..see, minefield out there :)

I might do the same and cut out the tomatoes, just incase!

Are you refeeding for 2 weeks or just one?

Thinking of you.

Hiya Scots,

Good luck with tonight. I'm hoping to do 2 weeks, but hosting a night in my flat Sunday week so my have a night off (usually we all order chinese - might cheat a bit do a quick quorn stir fry and boil brown rice with it, an actual chinese might be too much too soon) and then back to the refeed diet.

I didn't realise about the tomatoes either, my face must have looked disappointed so she then said maybe a little bit. So today I'm having two small cherry tomatoes with my salad at lunchtime and then it will be green salad tonight. I think maybe for the first day left the tomatoes.

Also said that the maintainence bars were not really a good idea for the first week. So have my free sample but will have to wait until next Thursday morning to try it.

Best of luck with tonight, hope you love your meal. Looking forward to Haddock tonight.
Will be thinking of you too, while I'm eating it.

Hiya Scots,

Good luck with tonight. I'm hoping to do 2 weeks, but hosting a night in my flat Sunday week so my have a night off (usually we all order chinese - might cheat a bit do a quick quorn stir fry and boil brown rice with it, an actual chinese might be too much too soon) and then back to the refeed diet.

I didn't realise about the tomatoes either, my face must have looked disappointed so she then said maybe a little bit. So today I'm having two small cherry tomatoes with my salad at lunchtime and then it will be green salad tonight. I think maybe for the first day left the tomatoes.

Also said that the maintainence bars were not really a good idea for the first week. So have my free sample but will have to wait until next Thursday morning to try it.

Best of luck with tonight, hope you love your meal. Looking forward to Haddock tonight.
Will be thinking of you too, while I'm eating it.

I dont think I will try the maintenance to be honest....I would prefer to stick with healthy meals than the bars/shakes, etc.....I havent got any samples yet, not sure if I will...see how I feel.

Oh, I thought i was on the haddock, but it is smoked Cod, I had a look this morning :)
ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Oh, I emailed LT to ask about the tomatoes ;-)!!!! Will let you know what they say, but you will be ok now I would think...but as soon as I hear I will let you know.

Thank you, hope you like your cod.

Thanks again, I think I'll do the same. Best of luck at dinner tonight. Have to sign off now for the weekend. Only get on at work during breaks. Good luck. I'll check in on Monday.

Hope you enjoy your refeed Aoife :) x

Me 2 xx :) xx

Hiya

Had an absolutely brilliant weekend. But it was more about doing outdoor stuff and activities than food.

Friday - Day two

Brekkie: - LT shake

Lunch: - baked turkey pieces
+ green salad

Dinner:
Baked Haddock (not as nice as steamed, think I over did the herbs a bit)
+ green salad

Drinks: 3+ water, Black decaf coffee 6 (I bought a bottle of diet coke, but for some reason just don't fancy it)
Exercise: pre work - week 5 of running made easy programme run 1 min / walk 2 min x 9
Evening - not really classed as exercise but went out on a club night out - and danced around like a mad igit all night, don't think I sat down once all night. The music was brilliant (live band). So had loads of water definitly over the 2 litres min.

Saturday - day 3

Brekkie - LT shake

Lunch - steamed haddock with salad - including tomatoes and beetroot (really enjoyed it)
Steamed fish is so much nicer - I think I'm hooked on fish ;)

Dinner
Baked potato
Tuna mashed with Fat Free natural yogurt, spring onions and chives - delish :)
+ salad
Really enjoyed my potato and tuna will definitly have that again for dinner.

Drinks- 3 litres water, small pot of tea with skimmed milk, 6 black coffees.
Exercise: Tennis (only learning – first time trying to play the game, delighted when I managed to return the balls. Walk to and fro from the shops maybe a mile

Sunday - Day Four

Brekkie - LT shake

Lunch - Sandwich - 2 slices of Soya & Linseed bread
1 slice of lean ham
with lettuce, spring onions, cucumber, spread f/free yog and a wee bit of mustard
Also had a side salad (could not finish my salad)
so couldn't manage fruit or yogurt

Dinner
Steamed Salmon
Steamed Carrots & a few sugar snap pea
Boiled new potatoes with Very Low fat mayo
3 Fruit salad (tossed in lemon juice) shared with a pal and f/free yogurt

Drinks: 3 litres water, decaf black coffee 6, 2 caf coffee
Exercise: 1.5hrs gentle canoe paddle morning, and 2.5hrs beach walk we think about 5+ miles in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Hiya

Had an absolutely brilliant weekend. But it was more about doing outdoor stuff and activities than food.

Friday - Day two

Brekkie: - LT shake

Lunch: - baked turkey pieces
+ green salad

Dinner:
Baked Haddock (not as nice as steamed, think I over did the herbs a bit)
+ green salad

Drinks: 3+ water, Black decaf coffee 6 (I bought a bottle of diet coke, but for some reason just don't fancy it)
Exercise: pre work - week 5 of running made easy programme run 1 min / walk 2 min x 9
Evening - not really classed as exercise but went out on a club night out - and danced around like a mad igit all night, don't think I sat down once all night. The music was brilliant (live band). So had loads of water definitly over the 2 litres min.

Saturday - day 3

Brekkie - LT shake

Lunch - steamed haddock with salad - including tomatoes and beetroot (really enjoyed it)
Steamed fish is so much nicer - I think I'm hooked on fish ;)

Dinner
Baked potato
Tuna mashed with Fat Free natural yogurt, spring onions and chives - delish :)
+ salad
Really enjoyed my potato and tuna will definitly have that again for dinner.

Drinks- 3 litres water, small pot of tea with skimmed milk, 6 black coffees.
Exercise: Tennis (only learning – first time trying to play the game, delighted when I managed to return the balls. Walk to and fro from the shops maybe a mile

Sunday - Day Four

Brekkie - LT shake

Lunch - Sandwich - 2 slices of Soya & Linseed bread
1 slice of lean ham
with lettuce, spring onions, cucumber, spread f/free yog and a wee bit of mustard
Also had a side salad (could not finish my salad)
so couldn't manage fruit or yogurt

Dinner
Steamed Salmon
Steamed Carrots & a few sugar snap pea
Boiled new potatoes with Very Low fat mayo
3 Fruit salad (tossed in lemon juice) shared with a pal and f/free yogurt

Drinks: 3 litres water, decaf black coffee 6, 2 caf coffee
Exercise: 1.5hrs gentle canoe paddle morning, and 2.5hrs beach walk we think about 5+ miles in the afternoon.

I am sitting here reading what you had and am now starving!! It sounded so nice....and all that exercise Aoife! You are doing so well.

Was it strange having fruit? I am worried to have fruit! Dont know why, but I have promised myself to try one of our plums that are growing in the allotment, my hubby says they are the sweetest he has ever tasted...so, that is where I am headed for as soon as I get home!

See you are sticking to your water too...me also! Cant get out of the habit now, which is good.

When is your WI day? Is it Wednesday?

Fruit was amazing, I had a few Strawberries, blueberries and a peach all mixed together tossed in lemon juice. I had half of it and a spoon of fatfree yogurt. It was lush. I could have had it twice, but I was actually quite full, so didn't. I did have it very late in the day, so I think that was good. I was worried incase I would not want to stop. But thought if I felt like that I would brush my teeth.

The exercise is just kicked in really, it's invites from people to join them really and I keep jumping at each opportunity. Being lighter mean I can so much more. Mind you, I've had a few sore muscles over the weekend. But it's all good. I've always wanted to be fit and my weight would not let me, until now.

My WI day will be Thursday, so fingers crossed it goes okay.

Water is the new diet coke ;) (might try some tonight, or walk around again).

Last edited:
Looking good Aoife!! You're doing sooo well with the exercise too! Put me to shame :eek: xx

looks like you are doing well. dont dismiss the maintenance products out of hand, I found that they did help when I got hungry, so see how you feel. good luck. x

all sounds fab! well done u for sticking it so tight, i not into cooking at all and take the hany way out all the time, boreing roast chicken! i'll turn into a chicken, and there is a new fish section in a butchers in trim, i must go in there!

Back