Applying eye make-up tips

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I can never get my eye make-up right. I only wear it when I'm going out. Is this the right way to do it..

3 colours beige, brown & a dark brown

What I do is cover the whole eye lid right up to my eyebrow with the beige. I then put the brown over the bottom park of the eye lid & finally the dark brown half way outwards to the corner of my eye.

I put eye liner on along the bottom of my eye if you see what I mean.

Any tips appreciated...maybe it's the colour of eye shadow, I've blue eyes if that makes a difference:D

why not try different colours as well? I love green with turquiose eyeliner :giggle: I dont apply ontop of each other but i never notice mine looking any different! i put darker in the creases and lighter on my eye lid. i dont go up to my eyebrow though but mines daytime make up!

I have blue eyes and I steer more towards silver/grey/smokey colours:

Sweep the whole eye with Benefit LemonAid primer up to the eyebrow
Cover the whole eye with a light white eyeshadow
Start to build a silver colour into the eye crease and blend well - do this a couple of times
Now build up the colour using a darker smokey colour in the eye crease and blend using a clean brush
Add a spot of highlighter in the corner of your eye and under your brow arch
Neat line of liquid eyeliner
Curl lashes and apply loads of mascara :)
Forgot to say - add some of the darker colour just along your lower lashes too and blend, adding a kohl liner along the water line.
12868_226328655030_510130030_4328059_992844_n.jpg

Its also worth noting that gold and bronze colours are great for blue eyes and are on trend right now xx

I have blue eyes and I steer more towards silver/grey/smokey colours:

Sweep the whole eye with Benefit LemonAid primer up to the eyebrow
Cover the whole eye with a light white eyeshadow
Start to build a silver colour into the eye crease and blend well - do this a couple of times
Now build up the colour using a darker smokey colour in the eye crease and blend using a clean brush
Add a spot of highlighter in the corner of your eye and under your brow arch
Neat line of liquid eyeliner
Curl lashes and apply loads of mascara :)
Forgot to say - add some of the darker colour just along your lower lashes too and blend, adding a kohl liner along the water line.
12868_226328655030_510130030_4328059_992844_n.jpg

Its also worth noting that gold and bronze colours are great for blue eyes and are on trend right now xx

Stefanie I love that - it looks lush, I'm going to have a practice tomorrow & try those colours, lets hope I don't get big panda eyes lol

Ooh I love make up!! I have grey eyes so it's hard to pick a colour that suits!

My tips are always use a base or primer as they make your make up last longer.

Depending on the occasion would depend on what amount of colour I would add!

Have u tried false eyelashes? They are fab and you can get some really natural ones now.....not just drag queen esque ones!!!

Experiment and have fun is my advice.

Oh and post some before and after pics si we can nick your tips! Xx

I usually go for a pale-ish colour over the lid, a slightly darker shade in the socket from the outer corner of the eye in towards the middle of the eye. Then I use a small flat brush (or a lipstick brush) and then use a much darker shade to line along my lashes and build up slightly along the top lash outer corner. Lovely smoky eyes!

I've always found that eyeshadow to line the eyes gives a really nice effect, but not too harsh.

Also, I cannot recommend The Body Shop's baked eye shadows. They give a really nice sheen, blend beautifully and last all day without creasing - best discovery i've made on the cosmetic front since discovering clinique!!

I love eye make-up, I look totally different when I put it on. Trouble is my eyes are so bad I have to put it on and then look what I've done :eek:

wow Big bear your eyes look amazing i would love to get that smokey look you have, will try your tips asap!

can i just ask about your eyebrows?? do you pluck them, then draw them back on? they look fab

thanks for any tips in advance lol

wow Big bear your eyes look amazing i would love to get that smokey look you have, will try your tips asap!

can i just ask about your eyebrows?? do you pluck them, then draw them back on? they look fab

Emma - those are Stefanie's eyes lol she was giving me tips. She does look fab wish I could mine as well XX

Lol thank you, very kind! I pluck my eyebrows myself, but I do fill them out more to make them thicker. I use a dark eyebrow pencil to draw in, then use an eyebrow powder to feather out the look so they don't look drawn on completely :) then just seal with a clear mascara or a wee dab of Vaseline and voila! :) xx

Aww thank you :) I'm just crazy about make-up and practice all the time. I think foundation can be overrated at times. If you have good skin, a touch of concealer and a nice sweeping of bronzer is a great look :) It's great to experiment though, lots of fun, especially when you aren't used to wearing it - can completely change your face....love it! :D

it also will depend on your skin and hair colouring as to which colours you can carry off, I would steer clear of colours that are too dark if you are fair skinned or have fair hair.

A good base is a must, otherwise it will eventually rub off or smear. Also some good quality brushes.

As someone mentioned there are some fab tutorials on youtube.

Back