Apprehensive...

SilverSilph

Silver Member
So I've been having these thoughts lately and they're starting to bug me. I'm in the "home stretch" now but I can't help but think the last 18lbs won't do much.... :(
I'm worried that once I reach my TW I won't be satisfied with my shape and I'll want to continue, but I know you're not suppose to. The whole point of the True Weight is that it's an attainable and maintainable weight for you and that anything lower is just going to make it harder to maintain and probably lead to ultimate failure.....if you believe the book...

I think I'm also scared to leave the safety and comfort of the strict rules of the diet. I mean I've seen my husband go through Conso and it looked ok, but what if the minute I reintroduce the carbs, fats and sugars into my diet I just start to gain weight...I've always been big. I've never reached my goal weight. What if I can't stay at it once I get there? 'Cause I'm definitely going to get there!!

I just don't know what to expect... and I would really like to be prepared. I have this image of myself as slim, trim and toned and I really want to acheive it.... :confused:

I have 17lb to go and feel similar, I have a high expectation of still not liking what I see and wanting to continue :( I'd love a bit of room for comfort to stay within a healthy BMI not be right at the top!!

I'd love to do that to but according to the book if you continue with the aim of giving yourself wiggle room them all you're really doing is confirming that you believe you will regain weight....

It's kinda stressing me out that it's so cut and dry, despite that also being what I love about the diet.... I'm a very easily stressed person :p

I know, I saw that too! I know I'm going into conso for my holiday in July, if I come back still unhappy with size I think I'll go another 7lb x

You will be amazed at how much difference there will be with the last lbs, I have 6 to go and my shape has totally changed , I too thought about going lower but will see how I look when I get rid of the last 6 lbs at the moment I'm pretty happy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

For us dieters, I think it's probably natural to want to see "how low we can go", even if it is just to create a safety net.

Put your faith in the Dr (once more)! ;)

xxx

I mentioned my concerns to my hubby last night and he told me that he's not going to let me get any lighter :p said that if I'm not happy with my shape I can just workout until I've toned my body to the shape I want...

So I am going to start doing more ab workouts to flatten my stomach and pinch in my waist :) I suppose that's all I can do for now until I hit my target. I'm still unsure of how that will look...

I feel exactly the same about starting conso - ive got bout 8lbs to go and ive been doing dukan since july and not cheated once so i am scared about introducing foods that ive not had for so long incase it sets me off on the slippery slope! Shape wise im happy could just do with a bit of toning - gone from a size 24 to a 12 - im sure when you get to target you will be happy with your shape

Im sure we can all help each other thro conso - dont think im ever gonna touch chocolate again though - dont trust myself and gone so long without it now!!

It's ok, really! I was petrified going into conso that I would balloon out again the moment I touched carbs, but just so long as you reintroduce in a steady way, I think it works fine. At Xmas I had just started conso but didn't put anything on - in fact I lost another 5lb or so on conso - which has stayed off despite 2 week holiday since then. I still don't have a lot of carbs or fruit, and I lapse into pv very easily, but that's not so bad or difficult. I have more or less what i want food wise, chocs and all....!I do prefer muffins though. And I'm fine with the shape - never be perfect but hey, I look pretty ok and I feel fitter than I've done for years.
Weight is very steady now in stabilisation, so that's fine. Thank you Dr D and all the good people on here!

Thats reassuring to know supertonic - did u introduce all the new things you are supposed to introduce straight away and just go steady on the gala meals?

Silver - I'm an English size 14, which I think is a US size 12ish. Bur I do find the clothes sizes vary so much between shops. I went looking for another pair of jeans, since the only pair that currently fit are in the wash, but even after trying on in about 6 shops still wasn't entirely happy with the fit. Eventually bought a cheapish pair that will do until I can find a better pair. My shape has got less 'full', I used to have a fairly curvy bottom half, flattish top which got a bit overblown; now bottom v trim, top just about right. Will do measurements again to compare - I have some noted on an old diary from 2000 - when I gave up smoking- to compare with!
No photos, I'm horrendously camera shy and self conscious!

Scooter - no I was v nervous about re-introducing the starch meals and also about the cheese, fruit etc. It all seemed a lot after cruise, so I did it very very gradually. I had the gala meals once a week from the start, that was a real treat. But the cheese I only had if I felt like it, and much the same with the fruit. Bread I also found a but tricky to start with, and I think I have a sensitivity to wheat, but I found a soda bread which was ok or I had sone crispbread instead. It's really only been the last couple of months I've been able to relax a bit more and know that it's not going to be a problem on the scales afterward!
There are still some things I used to eat that I've not had - crisps for example - my big weakness- I've not touched since last year. Bananas - I had one, on holiday but otherwise not. To be honest not sure I really miss them.

Thanks for your advice - its good to read how someone else has coped with conso as its daunting!! Do you get really hungry on conso? As on cruise i dont ever feel really hungry as all the protein keeps you feeling full for ages - one thing im dreading on conso is the craving for "naughty" things which ive not had for so long. Like you i am going to stay away from crisps and chocolate which i know are trigger foods for me!

Not 'hungry' as in rumbling tum, but dangerously able to empty the contents of the fridge/biscuit tin! This is why I still make sure I have stuff around that is Dukan friendly, plenty of low fat yoghurt/eggs/cold meats etc, so that if I get an attack of the munchies, there is something I can eat which I know will fill me up without piling it on. It's the 20 minute wait though for it to hit base camp tum that can turn it into a real pig out....;)

I find soup is good for staving off the munchies, as is a piece of chicken - all the stuff we learned in cruise.

I think this is why it's important to regard conso as part of the diet, rather than target reached, all done, and back to eating as before. If we do that, almost guaranteed to put it on again. My OH has done just that, and although he really didn't need to lose much, he's now having to do it all again since he never did conso properly, just went back to 'normal' eating.

What an interesting post and great input Supertonic - Silver - we have about the same to lose to target - agree with most when I say get to TW - go onto conso and see what happens with your weight - you will probably continue to lose with all your exercise anyway....Also don't think about having never reached target before - you will do it this time and the changes you have made to your lifestyle will keep it off - also rely on James to help you a bit more - most of us go off track when our partners are too nice to tell us when it is going Pete Tong - even though we know ourselves - he will know how important this it to you and will want you to achieve your goals too.....Your journey so far has been amazing (and exhausting!!!) to read!!!

Thanks Super :) I bet you look fab now! No need to be self conscious! :) You've made me feel a little better about hitting target :D But I'm going to guess that I'll be nervous about weight gain for the rest of my life :p keep myself on my toes

Thanks Trudyc. It's been pretty exhausting on this side too :p but well worth the results! I told James about my concerns and he's "forbidden" me from losing more after TW. Said I can just tone my way to the shape I want after that lol.
I've got a goal shape in mind at the mo, but I think it's a little unrealistic since I just found out her weight is 130lbs....I'd like to look like Rebecca Romijn. She played Mystique in X-men and Alexis in Ugly Betty. She's my height and we even have the same size feet, ie massive :p I always thought she had a nice figure, not has skinny as most models. I've included a link below :) I'm going to chat to my PT and ask her for homework :D

http://www.macchianera.net/wp-conte...ijn-ralph-magazine/Rebecca_Romijn_PS-006a.jpg

Obviously I'm never getting to 130lbs, so I'll just have to see how close I can get once at TW!

Back