Are any of these allowed on refeed?

Yasmine

One last chance
Me and Nasreen went shopping today and I found some low fat stuff but I want to know if it's allowed for me being on refeed and if they're good for Naz to have to lose weight.

Please let me know which ones aren't allowed.

Fry light 1 calorie spray:
(10inch pan worth of 4 sprays = 3.7 calories

Go ahead! Bars:
124 calories
per bar

Tesco light choices: Spanish Style cooking sauce (low fat):
27 calories
per 100g

STUTE FINE CUT DIABETIC Orange Marmalade
(No added sugar/no fat/reduced calorie/can help slimming):
144 calories per 100g

Tesco light choices: Chocolate & Orange cereal bar:
80 calories
per bar

Weight Watchers tuna, mayonnaise and sweetcorn spread:
77 calories
- per can

French's Yellow Mustard:
73 calories
per 100g

Last edited:
To be honest Yasmine, a lot of these things are not listed and I have attached at the bottom the lipotrim refeed sheet.

You have done 1 week refeed entirely to the book, its your choice hun if you want to do another 1 week strictly to the book, or switch to calorie counting from now on.

Your Glycogen levels should be or nearly back at normal levels now so its not like you are going to be overfilling with carbs, and what you have listed is all good low fat stuff.

Entirely your choice, if you want to start using these products now and just follow a calorie controlled diet, but its recommended to do the full 2 weeks.

If I was you, I would give your Pharmacy a call tomorrow or ring Lipotrim and see what they advise. You have lost quite a bit of weight and they do advise the total 2 week refeed.

Fry light 1 calorie spray:
(10inch pan worth of 4 sprays =
3.7 calories
Lipotrim advise no added fat, but I used a few sprays of the frylite and still do, you only need a few sprays.
Go ahead! Bars:
124 calories
per bar

Not listed in the refeed sheet
Tesco light choices: Spanish Style cooking sauce (low fat):
27 calories
per 100g

Only low fat tomato based sauces are showing on the refeed sheet.
STUTE FINE CUT DIABETIC Orange Marmalade
(No added sugar/no fat/reduced calorie/can help slimming):
144 calories per 100g

Not listed
Tesco light choices: Chocolate & Orange cereal bar:
80 calories
per bar
Not listed
Weight Watchers tuna, mayonnaise and sweetcorn spread:
77 calories
- per can

Low fat so this should be okay.
French's Yellow Mustard:
73 calories
per 100g

I used mustard too, with no ill effect.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]The plan applies to both men and women[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Follow exactly - do not add extras and, more importantly, do not miss out any steps. You may have milk in your tea and coffee, if required, and you can now have diet drinks again. Avoid fruit juices (simple sugars) until the end of the week. No alcohol. Try to drink plenty of water. Most people do not drink adequate water and now you are in a habit, stick with it. At least 2 litres per day.[/FONT]
Day 1
Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).
At lunchtime or evening mealtime you may have some skinless boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 406ozs). The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.
You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, onions, peppers, beansprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon or lime juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar), or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more) of some cooked green vegetables. You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until day 4, and fruit should wait until day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

Day 2
You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals as described for Day 1.

Day 3
Same as day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yoghurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Days 4-7
each day have a Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus..............

• Up to 3 servings of fruit (if you suffer from an insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day).
  • Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread).
  • Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving).
  • Any of the skimmed milk products.
  • Fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.
  • Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off.
  • Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sources - e.g. lean mince with tomato Bolognese sauce.
  • Medium baking potato or 6 small potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat - read the label). Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).
This schedule may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight - 5/6 stones or more - as you will need time to adjust to a different eating behaviour and quantities. Check your weight every week at the Pharmacy; if it is going up, then action must be taken to address the types and quantities of foods eaten. The maintenance food products are advised during this time to add extra control whilst adjusting to your new eating behaviour.
The main point to understand in following the plan is not to have added fat in your food or in it's preparation.
There is more than adequate fat for daily requirements naturally occuring in a diet chosen from a wide range of foods. There is no benefit to adding fat in preparation - only to add weight back on.

If Nas is not on the refeed now, they would be okay for Nas. Is she following a calorie controlled diet?

Oh don't you worry, I am following the refeed plan for another week strictly. It says it's recommended for those who've lost 5-6 stone to do 2 weeks, so that's what's I'm going to do.

I have to monitor her weight now I think. I'm trying to get her to calorie count but she eats the food and I ask her of she measured or noted down the calories but she doesn't. I have to start this with her now.

I had low fat cooking sauce that were not tomato based and was fine

Oh that's good to hear. I think I'll avoid it for now though. I'm going to refeed properly for 1 more week by the letter just to make sure nothing goes wrong :)

Back