Are the 'extras' worth getting

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by vanda, 25 February 2010 Social URL.

1. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Just wondered if it was worth getting the points calculator and the ww pedometer.

I follow the plan at home and use the small points guide that you get with the start up books to work things out, is it worth getting the calculator or does it just do the same thing?

Am trying to motivate myself to exercise and walk more and wondered if the ww pedometer is any better than the normal cheapy ones you can buy?

Grateful for your advice as dont want to have more unused gadgets in my drawers:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Meike

Meike ..crawling after ze wagon

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.82%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think the points calculator is a brilliant gadget to have, it's small and handy and you can carry it around with you at all times if you wish :)
    I am the kind of person who likes to calculate the points witht he nutricional information given on the packages instead of just relying on the little points guide that came with the little folder - but maybe that's just me :) I wouldn't use it for calculating my daily points, I prefer a paper food diary for that..

I personally wouldn't get the pedometer, but I am not using my activity points for food anyway, so it really depends on what you want that one for..

Good luck with your weightloss and feel free to ask if you have any questions!

4. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Another calculator user here I wouldn't be without mine it's a lot quicker than going through the books
    I've not got the pedometer so can't help with that

5. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Thanks both will prob get a calculator and give the pedometer a miss - carry on plodding on the wii instead. Fancy giving the wii dance a go more fun than walking!

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Definately give Just Dance a go... I didn't think I would like it, but its so so fun. Easy to lose track of time too, before you realise it you've been dancing about for an hour, and burnt a fair few calories..!

Again, I am a non-pedometer user. Its too easy for me to "forget" it one day. And I have a clicker that looks very nice on my car keys, but states that I have only had 5.5 points since about 14th December.

The calculator - I would advise getting. Definitely. They're pretty nifty things, I'm never without mine. :)

7. lisanat

lisanat Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.37%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Just Dance is fab! I love it,it gives you a great workout and have fun.My little boy joins in too he loves it. I too couldnt be without my calculator I use it all the time. I was thinking about getting the pedometer too but I wont now Ive got a basic one I can use.
    xx

8. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Have bought the wii just dance today and am going to give it a go now. Am also getting a calculator off ebay, might get a cheapy pedometer when the weather picks up. Hopefully it will motivate me to walk more - there are lovely places to walk just outside my door so will try and take advantage of it this year.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.