are these avidlite shakes?

are these the dietimeal or avidlite shakes as the bars are on there and wafers a bit cheaper

but the website slim and save says theyre vlcd total meal replacement but elsewhere on this site someone said the avidlite ones are not total replacement, but are these the same products?

dont want to be vlcding with products that arent suited for it or paying for that mind(!) any thoughts?

are these the dietimeal or avidlite shakes as the bars are on there and wafers a bit cheaper

but the website slim and save says theyre vlcd total meal replacement but elsewhere on this site someone said the avidlite ones are not total replacement, but are these the same products?

dont want to be vlcding with products that arent suited for it or paying for that mind(!) any thoughts?

Yes they are the same products, but they arent avidlite- they are created by a company in France, called Bariatrix.

The ones labelled, MRP are suitable for a meal replacement, so thats the shakes, oatmeal, soups and the bars- check that they say MRP.

1 shake - 1 meal
1 oatmeal - 1 meal
1 soup - 1 meal
2 bars - 1 meal

That is why it is suggested that if you have 1 bar for a meal each day, you are supposed to supplement it with multivitamin.

The wafers are not a mrp product only a high protein snack.

A VLCD is under 800 calories, with the slim and save products you can still do that with 4 or 3 packs.

The slim and save products, for certain combinations works out cheaper than avidlite.

Manufacturer of high protein nutrition products Bariatrix Europe - For more info, about where the products are from.

Last edited:
I've bought the Dietimeal products from Avidlite and they are the same as the S&S products. Sometimes they are cheaper from Avidlite and sometimes cheaper from S&S. This time round I ordered from S&S as I got free delivery and what I wanted came out cheaper. I also took advantage of the mix of bars that you can't get from the Avidlite site. As Nasher and Basher says not all of the Dietimeal range are MRPs. The ones on offer from S&S are however.

Last edited:
Lowcarbmegastore stock the same stuff and usually a bit cheaper than the avidlite site.

Oooh that's interesting. Are the Ready-To-Serve drinks from Bariatrix suitable for the 3 MRP a day VLCD do you think? I've been thinking it's a shame that there aren't any more portable forms of the drinks for certain occasions - for instance when travelling. I see the Bariatrix website says they are under 120 calories, 15 grams of protein and less than 4 grams of carbs....

Oooh that's interesting. Are the Ready-To-Serve drinks from Bariatrix suitable for the 3 MRP a day VLCD do you think? I've been thinking it's a shame that there aren't any more portable forms of the drinks for certain occasions - for instance when travelling. I see the Bariatrix website says they are under 120 calories, 15 grams of protein and less than 4 grams of carbs....

No, as those are the high protein shakes, they are not meal replacement shakes- Im afraid. They will not provide you with the nutrition that you need.

Thanks for telling me, what a shame :( Ohh well! I think I might keep some of the non-MRP products in mind for the later stages of refeeding (even if I think that's probably a long way away!). They'd probably be a pretty good way of getting extra protein in without going meat-mad.

LucySera, I actually use the Atkins ready made shakes on occasion with my S&S 3 per day diet when I'm travelling and find it too difficult to make up the shakes. I alway take a multivit anyway so I'm ok with it personally. It can't be any worse than what I would have done before, that probably would have involved snacking on crisps and sweets. So every day, no, just occasionally, I don't see why not.

Back