Are we eating too little now?

Mine are Salter and were around £20 from Argos about 10yrs ago! Still going strong. They don't have the body fat analyser or any bells & buttons- but they weigh me and thats all I wanted! LOL!
Have a look at the different functions and go for one in your price range, I definately recommend Salter though.

Seem to be doing ok. I'm still the same weight and my better half lost 2lbs yesterday. She said she "thinks it's wrong" but I lost 2lbs on my first day :)

We get ASDA to deliver our shopping. We don't drive but not only that you don't have all the food to tempt you and your not bumping into things saying "one won't hurt". Our shopping bill was £37 cheaper last week!

I'm after some scales for around £20 if anyone can find a link to some Salter ones online that would be smashing.

I had to shop around a little to find scales which would tolerate my starting weight, so be sure to check that. The ones you're linking to go up to 28st, so should be fine! :)

Hi Scott,

Like Suzy says, I think you might be better to follow an actual diet to start with even if you decide to go it alone later. There are diets like Suzy does that all your food is ready prepared for you or there are others like weightwatchers or slimming world where you follow the diet with similar food to that you're eating now.

If you at least start on one of these you'll have a good idea of what you should be eating and how big your portion sizes should be for your weight. Like Irishmum says you shouldn't eat too little at first as when you stop losing weight (plateau) you will have to drop your calories a bit to kickstart the weight loss again.

As far as the weighing yourself goes, I'm the worlds worst for weighing myself everyday but I only ever take notice of my Monday morning weights. You fluctuate so much day to day that you can only really measure loss weekly. Like everyone says, take no notice of the wii (except for the exercise) use proper scales for weighing yourself. Good luck to you both.

Tracey

Hiya hope you and you o/h are doing ok

A tip i find really usefull

DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK water this flushes everything through and it really do pee your weight off.

Hope it works for you, If you drink fizzy drinks only buy diet pops tooo

Well did a check again today. I've lost another pound and the o/h another so I've lost 7lb in just under 2 weeks and the other half 4lb in just under 2 weeks. I think I must be doing something right to lose half a stone so quickly.

It isn't my aim to lose it overnight, I know it could take upto 2 years :) The support on here is fantastic :)

Last night was a bit tough, I wanted to eat everything...

Hi Scott

How are you both doing? Well done for not giving in to those urges to eat everything. You know it will be a waste of two weeks hard work.

I didn't get to ADSA to buy new scales but I did have a blood test and weighed myself at the hospital and that tallys up with my scales at home. I am back to the hospital this week so I will see if the loss I have showing at home is accurate.

I try to weigh myself monthly normally and then I get a great weight loss but this week I have no choice.

Ok thank you! The other half has lost 5lb in total now and I have lost 7lb. ASDA shopping is arriving tomorrow and bought lots of fruit (many oranges! I've gone nuts on them :confused::D no idea why). OH wanted "chinese apples" but ASDA didn't do them but they did "oriental apples" ;) When I told her she went nuts. "THEY HAVE THEM?!"

Sorry I'm gabbling on. Gonna start weighing ourselves on the new scales in the morning every tuesday after toilet but before breaky as many have recommended on here :)

The scales arrived at 9:30am this morning a whole day before they should. I'm very impressed with Boots.com!

Scales are fantastic. Big black and blue display that shows KG, Stone:pounds and Pounds:1/5 Pound.

I'm off again. How are you? Do you mind if I ask why your at hospital? I'm a worrying type :(

EDIT: New scales say I have only lost 5lb not 7. Other halves is the same at a 5lb loss. I'm gutted.

Last edited:
I'm pretty low at the moment. Just gone on the wiifit and it too says I've gained a lb (it did the day before too) so the past week has been useless I've lost 0. It's only my second week too, I thought the first 2 were the biggest losses? :eatdrink051:

Ignore the wii completely as far as your weight goes. It's not accurate enough and your body weight fluctuates so much from day to day and hour to hour, the only real indications you can have are on proper scales, same conditions as much as possible, and done weekly.

An example of how your body weight fluctuates is, this morning I did my normal weigh-in. I got weighed 3 times (just to make sure) and I'd lost 1lb, I then ate a cerial bar and had a cup of coffee. I got weighed again and weighed nearly 2lb more!

Just use your weekly weigh-ins as your only indicators of how you're doing. You'll drive yourself mad and get upset if you take any notice of these little fluctuations.

Tracey

dont let it get you down.

Do you keep a diary of what you eat and drink? Literally anything that passes your lips water, juice, food wright down then you can look back if theres not a weight loss and see if you have eaten anythin different that could have been the cause of this?

Also it could be something silly like water retention try keep your chin up keep working at it?

We do in a book. Not changed a thing. I think I'll use myfitnesspal - I signed up but have yet to use it.

Would it be naughty if I get a small portion of chips and a mini cod from the chippy? I've not had fish and chips in months and want some :(. I missed breakfast this morning aswell.

Its really up to you scott im one of these if i have a little i want alot i tend to stay away and if i dont loose any im mega strict the next week to try and make up for the week i didnt loose any??

Ignore the wii completely as far as your weight goes. It's not accurate enough and your body weight fluctuates so much from day to day and hour to hour, the only real indications you can have are on proper scales, same conditions as much as possible, and done weekly.

Just use your weekly weigh-ins as your only indicators of how you're doing. You'll drive yourself mad and get upset if you take any notice of these little fluctuations.
Ditto!! Every single day without fail I weigh 5-6lbs heavier at night than I do first thing in the morning.
And keep away from the fish & chips!!! You're feeling confused because of the weigh-in/new scales- the answer is not at the bottom of a greasy fat dripping chip :)jelous:)bag?
Have them as a treat when you lose your first stone. ;)

Back