Are you 5ft or under and whats your target weight ??

I am a fellow shorty - 4 foot 11 and am aiming for about the same weight target as you.
I will play it by ear though and see how I feel as I lose a few more pounds.

Michelle

I am a fellow shorty - 4 foot 11 and am aiming for about the same weight target as you.
I will play it by ear though and see how I feel as I lose a few more pounds.

Michelle
You have done well !! do you find that even a couple of pounds look like 4 on you ??

I lost 1lb this week, having been stuck for a few weeks down to bad food choices. I feel better around my waistline and thighs and have gone down a dress size, but still feel as if I have a fat chin and neck area.
I lost a lot of my weight in the first few weeks - probably due to cutting out the nightly wine initially :ashamed0005:
I think it's best to go at your own rate and not to feel deprived. If I want something, I have it and then put it behind me.

Michelle

I'm gonna be reading this thread with great interest because (even though I'm not even close to it) I'm really confused about where to be aiming for. If you'd asked me before I started SW, I'd have said I would be happy to get down to 10 stone, but now I think that wouldn't be enough. According to BMI I think I need to be looking at 8 stoneish, but I can't imagine losing another 2.5 stone and not looking too thin!

Laura, your weight loss needs to be for YOU, not for what the BMI recommends etc. If you will feel better at 10 stone stop there.
Even though I have set a target at 8 1/2 stone, if I feel comfortable in my clothes I will feel no guilt at being at a higher BMI.
The last thing I want is for my boobs to turn into saggy, empty sacks at the cost of getting to a lower BMI :D

Michelle

Ive always looked ok about 8 to 8 and a half stone , mind you i am in my 40s so i may not be able to shift the weight so well ,
theres a couple of pics in my profile if you want to see ,
i can put a pic of me when i was about 8st 4 ish if you want to compare and use me as a model !!!

The last thing I want is for my boobs to turn into saggy, empty sacks at the cost of getting to a lower BMI :D

Michelle

This is actually one of my biggest issues with the BMI weight!! I've always been very 'booby' and I would genuinely be devastated if they shrank!! I think I'm gonna go for 9 stone and see how I feel when I (eventually!) get there.

I think I'm gonna go for 9 stone and see how I feel when I (eventually!) get there.

I'm the same as you, I'm gonna go for 9 stone and see how I feel as that gets me into my healthy bmi. I've got nothing to go by really as I've been overweight all my life. This is the smallest I've ever been :)

I'm also a short one at either 4'11 or 5ft (got 2 different readings from 2 different doctors) and am aiming for 130lbs for now. Once I reach that will determine if I need to lose more. Many people are telling me to stop at what I am now (and I'm inbetween size 12-14's), but I still feel I have a long way to go. I would love to be in a comfortable size 10 from almost any store.

Hi

I'm a shortie as well. Would like to get to 8st 12lb... but at the moment it's feeling like a distant dream,

As the name says I'm a shrimp too, depending on where I get measured I range from 4ft 11 to 5ft 1, but the most recent one was electronic and said 4ft 11.7" so going with that! :)

I'm aiming for 8st 6lbs which willmean a total loss of 5stone... it's coming off steadily and I am now in an "11", somewhere between a 10 and 12. ;) So I should be between an 8-10 at that weight,I *think*, I've never been as skinny as I am now so we'll see where I get to! :)

Ive added some pics from my slimmer days !!
this should give you guys some idea what 8 stone ish should give you xx

You look fabulous in all the pics Janie! I will be thrilled if I get to 8 stone 7 and get to wear a bikini and look as good as that.

Michelle

You look fab in those photos, Janie, Can I ask what dress size you were in those?:) I would love to look that slim!

I was at the back of the queue when God was giving out height.

At 4' 11'' my 1st goal is 10st.
2nd goal is 9st 7lb

Then I will see how I feel. At the rate I'm going, I guess its gonna take a long time.

You have done incredibly well to lose 28lbs so far - what an achievement.
I agree with the 'see how I feel' train of thought, as I am losing this weight for me not anybody else.

Michelle

I'm 5 ft on the nose, I've decided on 8st 7lb so as I'm half a stone in to my healthy weight range, so far have lost 10lbs (it was 1 stone 4 but xmas happened and I have only just got my bum back in to gear)

You look fabulous in all the pics Janie! I will be thrilled if I get to 8 stone 7 and get to wear a bikini and look as good as that.

Michelle
Aww shucks !! blushes with embarassment !!
thankyou , still got a way to go till i get back in that bikini !!

Back