Are you making post-diet plans yet?

Yambabe

Bad Girl
I've been thinking about this recently, especially since John's thread the other day.

Although I've still got a long way to go to reach goal, I'm not sure if I want to or will even be able to stick to TS all the way there.

Especially over the summer, as our social life tends to increase and we spend more time at events or with friends where eating and drinking is an integral part of the occasion.

At the moment I'm still losing fairly steadily and I'm quite happy with the plan. It'll take me (hopefully) about another 2 months to lose another 2 stone, at which point I will only be about 1.5-2 stone away from goal, so I've been considering doing a proper refeed towards the end of May with a view to coming off TS around then and moving to a plan that is more focussed on maintenance than fast loss. Or possibly towards the end of June by which time I could be within a stone or so of my goal.......

I don't think I will ever be able to have a "normal" relationship with food though, I think that learning to eat healthily and appropriately will need to be a lifelong thing for me as I don't ever want to go back to where I was at the beginning of this year.

With that in mind I've been weighing up my options and the pros and cons of several different "diets" in my head just recently.

I quite like the idea of sticking with Exante and moving to Working or Simple solutions, so I would have a combination of packs and food each day up to a certain calorie limit. However, I've also been looking at the JUDDD diet (where you alternate a VLCD day with a "normal" day so 4-500 cals one day and 1500-2000 the next) as with that I could also still have my packs on a "down day" and then pretty much please myself (within limits!) on an up one. I thought it sounded very faddy at first but the more I read about it the more I'm thinking I could fit it quite nicely into my lifestyle, and of course it would be something "new" to me and might help me avoid the diet fatigue and boundary-pushing boredom with the plan I am on that has dragged me down so many times before.

One thing I have decided is that I don't want to continue to be ketogenic, which rules out a strict Atkins regime, as I'd like to be able to eventually enjoy alcohol (responsibly of course!) again. I found low-GI to be effective but rather complicated and fussy to actually implement and stick to.

Calorie counting is boring and I think I'd struggle to stick to it, and I've done both WW and SW in the past with varying results - I did quite well on WW the first time I did it then they changed to the points system and it didn't suit me any more. Never got on that well with SW tbh although I know it suits lots of people.

I was just wondering if any of you have even thought about where you will go as you reach (or perhaps even just approach?) your goal. Is it way to early for you to consider yet or do you have it all mapped out for yourself?

I quite like the idea of sticking with Exante and moving to Working or Simple solutions, so I would have a combination of packs and food each day up to a certain calorie limit.

I'd like to do this too for a while, & then switch over to SW for ease, but I think I'd have to do a fairly stripped down/strict version of it for me to succeed with it. In an ideal world I'd love to stick to a superhealthy raw vegan diet with calorie counting, but that's how I put on a lot of weight in the first place so it scares me a bit, I think I just wasn't eating enough & my body rebelled a bit. All I know is that I'll be using Exante to my advantage & not going back to eating pasta/bread/crisps/heavy food (serious downfall for me! I think if I end up having carb-cravings I'll just promise myself a small portion a month), I also have IBS so I have to take that into the equasion aswell. I've never really had a healthy relationship with food & I don't think I ever will, but Exante has given me a sort of time-out, I've been able to step back & address my food problems - for the first time I feel like I'm able to sort everything out. I guess another good thing is that I have plenty of time to think it over & plan what I'm going to do! :}

Well I am slimming for my wedding in November so I will be sticking with it for as long as poss seeing as its the cheapest VLCD that I can find and these types of plans work best for me.
My plan after reaching my goal weight/size is to stick to healthy eating plan Mon-Fri and only allow indulgences at the weekend (without going mad of course!).
Carbs are a BIG downfall for me so I would like to think that I could only limit them to the weekend I hope.
The biggest change for me is that I will continue to acknowlege my weight on a weekly basis rather than 'guess' that I am doing 'ok'.

My plan after reaching my goal weight/size is to stick to healthy eating plan Mon-Fri and only allow indulgences at the weekend (without going mad of course!).
Carbs are a BIG downfall for me so I would like to think that I could only limit them to the weekend I hope.
The biggest change for me is that I will continue to acknowlege my weight on a weekly basis rather than 'guess' that I am doing 'ok'.

This is kind of what I've been thinking really as well. Might try to stick to a shake for lunch during the week, a sensible healthy tea and maybe a shake for breakfast, or some fruit.

Not really thought about it as I've barely got past the beginning, never mind contemplating 'the end'. However I having recently done a fair bit of reading I like the ketogenic diet as a concept, and (much to my personal misery) will probably be going mostly low carb *sigh*.

However I've got some books earmarked for an amazon order on payday, so plan to have a good read over the next few months.

This is a really good idea for a thread by the way - it's something I know I'm going to have to be really careful about and plan properly. A colleague at work has done/is doing CD - started new year, at a similar height and weight to me when I started. She got down to 10st, which was her target, looked absolutely amazing for it, but then just went back to pigging out on carbs and crappy stuff. She is still a lovely slim 10st 10lbs, but I'm really determined to try and learn from her mistakes and plan it all a bit better than her! I am NOT doing this diet in order to put 10lbs back on again. I'm doing it to get to my target and stay there.

It will be hard to come up with a solution that allows me to not have to think about it too much and be able to enjoy the finer things still, but obviously if I eat like I have been eating I will get back to my start weight! I'm really hoping a very sensible low cal week will allow me to let loose (within reason) on weekends.

Not really thought about it as I've barely got past the beginning, never mind contemplating 'the end'. However I having recently done a fair bit of reading I like the ketogenic diet as a concept, and (much to my personal misery) will probably be going mostly low carb *sigh*.

However I've got some books earmarked for an amazon order on payday, so plan to have a good read over the next few months.

I like the look of Rose Elliot's Low Carb book

in fact I bought it, after *ahem* photocopying a few pages
do you want me to send you them to see if you like the look of?

I will be steering away from carbs, trying to fill myself up with all the protein I can eat on a veggie diet, and those low carb vegetables
lots of stir frys
spanish omelette
salads
:rolleyes:
and better portion control

Actually, that'll be great. It's on my 'to look at for when the time comes' list after your recommendations and use in other threads.

I'll PM my address...

And there's a freebie little foodie magazine given away at tescos at the mo - has a nice frittata recipe, which I'm sure can be adjusted to fit, too.

Actually, that'll be great. It's on my 'to look at for when the time comes' list after your recommendations and use in other threads.

I'll PM my address...

You'll have to use Facebook my dear
I think my PM priviledges have been taken off me on here, will try though

Last edited:
I will be doing the diet strictly during the week and letting my hair down (a little) on events like biker rallies but not going mad!
I can't afford to stop dieting, I'm 48 now and if I don't lose weight this year my skin isn't going to be stretchy any more and I'll have spaniel ear boobs.

I will be doing the diet strictly during the week and letting my hair down (a little) on events like biker rallies but not going mad!
I can't afford to stop dieting, I'm 48 now and if I don't lose weight this year my skin isn't going to be stretchy any more and I'll have spaniel ear boobs.

aha
too late for me now;)

and my neck is crepey in some lights
Hey ho

WOOF :eek:

Back