Are you overweight ...

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
Saw this add in my local paper yesterday
Are you overweight ,but in good health
Would you like to help with medical research ?
On this occasion we are looking for men and women aged between 20-55 who are approximately 20-40kg (3-6) stone above their idea weight .
if you participate in this trail travel expenses will be paid and youw ill receive compensation for your time
if you are interested please phone 08003284195 for an application form or tel shirley on 01223296005
Thats GSK
www.volunteers.Gsk.co.uk

Did you apply? It's tempting but it sounds like it's probably drug trials

I phoned them and I can't participate as the medication would interfere with my job. What a bummer, it sounded good!

oooowww this scares me a bit. Remember those drug trials that went wrong and the guys nearly died...a couple of years ago. If its a diet like CD then maybe, but if its medication, I'm not too sure.xxx

Hi Taz
If i saw the add a few weeks ago i think i would of give them a call , but as i am back into CD i'm going to carry on with that for now . But sounds interesting ... thought i would post it in case anyone wants to give it a go

Tell me Taz what did they say ?

There are 3 studies, all low calorie diets, one with the pills, one without and one with exercise. It sounds good but I can't take them with my job otherwise I'd have done it

Not heard of that before , nothing like getting paid to lose weight , its usaly paying to lose weight .... thats a shame Taz you can't go on it

oww that's not bad then...if you can get it from the doctors it must have been clinically tried. I'm a coward and wouldn't like to have something that had not been clinically tried, but if they are just seeing if it works, then I'd consider it. Wish they'd asked three months ago LOL.xx

It is, the cash would have come in handy and I'm doing so badly at the moment I could have done with the boost! A real shame, damn job!

Yes thats a shame cos of your job . why does the job cos the problem Taz , yes if only they said 3 months ago shaz , these thinfs never come up at the right time lol

A possible side effect of the tablets is raised blood pressure and I have a safety critical job on the trains. We can't take any medication without it being approved by BUPA and GSK said I can't take it while working on a train

Not too sure but if you speak to Shirley she will tell you anything you want to know. I'm a little gutted that I can't do it cus I really do need a boost right now! Let us know if you do it

Back