are you planning a holiday this year?

msblonde

a new way of living!
I have to ask, because I am getting married :love047::love047:eek:n 18th sept, and on the 19th sept wwe are going to.........

The Maldives!!!!:character00238:

:bliss:

I am so excited, but of course I need to lose 3 stone immediately! otherwise I'll have green peace trying to push me back into the water, mistaking me for a beached whale!

where are you going this year and what is your target for then?

Hi msblonde!!

I'm going to Mexico with my hubby, mum and dad, sister and brother-in-law at the end of May for two whole glorious weeks!

I'm hoping to be at goal by then (assuming(!) a constant 2lb loss every week), but even if not then I should be fairly close! I want to look good in a bikini!!

Congrats on the wedding, I bet you can't wait now it's THIS YEAR!!

Congratulations!!! I've heard so many good things about honeymooning in the Maldives! I'm so jealous! :)

I've just booked a week off work to go to France for Easter. My target is to lose a stone before then. Only 10 weeks!

Everyone at my work is always talking about the Maldives! It does sound amazing , but as someone who is not a fan of beaches I do not think it would be for me!

We are going to go to Vegas for 10 days in September this year - we went last year and had an amazing time! Will likely have another break away at some point too, in addition to Download and Sonisphere festivals!

Congratulations on the wedding!!

Me and my OH are going away, he's afraid of flying so i think were going to go to spain as its the shortest flight!!

He's football mad so we need to book it in between the World Cup and the Premier league so probably may or july.

I really want to look good in a bakini as i've always been big and as i carry most of my weight on my stomach i look like im pregnant in a bakini!! Hoping to lose a 2 stone in 14 weeks (2lb a week) or maybe if im lucky my 3 stone target (highly optimistic :rolleyes:) if i dont go until July

Wow how exciting, preparing for the wedding & going to the Maldives for hols. Don't forget the pics.:p

We're having 'cheap' hols this year, off to Fuerteventura for two weeks in June to 'our place in the sun' with OH & son & then just the two of us to Barcelona in September.

Cheap hols as I want to go back to India next year. OH is almost there believing its his idea, he's looked at flights to Goa & then train to Kerela :D:D:D

i am a holiday junkie - went to Lanzarote, Marbella and 2 weeks in Mexico last year -

Looking at a week in April in the sunshine - somewhere hot at that time of year, but not long haul -so Turkey, Cyprus etc...round there!

I love sunshine! xxx

thanks everyone, its so exciting to share holiday stories and gives me food for thought for other hols :)

went to algarve for the last one and it was fab, I highly recomend it.

now, my next question :D

Do you start off trying to eat healthily on holiday, and then go mad? or start off mad? or manage to come back with a sts or a loss?

typically I gain about 1/2 stone!:eek::break_diet:

and i welcome ideas on staying the same, and keeping away from the food table, after all - I have booked all inc.! does that mean I am doomed? ;)

Oh my favourite subject!!! We are off to fuerteventura in 4 weeks! Cant wait and then im hoping to go away somewhere nice in july for 2 weeks looking at either menorca or ibiza!

Holidays are one thing i spend my money on so i try and fit in as many as i possibly can!!!!

Do you start off trying to eat healthily on holiday, and then go mad? or start off mad? or manage to come back with a sts or a loss?

typically I gain about 1/2 stone!:eek::break_diet:

and i welcome ideas on staying the same, and keeping away from the food table, after all - I have booked all inc.! does that mean I am doomed? ;)

Probably not if you do EE!! Just be careful with sauces and things. I can't believe that there won't be plenty of fresh fish in the Maldives!

Probably not if you do EE!! Just be careful with sauces and things. I can't believe that there won't be plenty of fresh fish in the Maldives!

lol thats true! although all inc. does have free desserts and alcohol! mmmm... and in large portions...

Just hope that they have loads of lovely exotic fruit - I love all that stuff and creamy desserts wont stand a chance with some nice exotic fruits!

anyone on here been to the maldives?

I get married in May and we are going to The Maldives too!!

Which Island are you going to? We are going to Meeru. I cannot wait!!

ellaidhoo I think. I cannt wait either, let me know what the food is like :) congrats by the way!

Msblonde and gemmylou,

I got married just over a year ago now, and we went to the Maldives for our honeymoon in May last year.
To Meeru!

Gemmylou, I am so so so so so so jealous - you will have the most fantastic time, I have only been saying for the last week or so that I am sooooo fed up and miserable cos I am dreaming about Meeru and desperate to go back :sigh:

It was an absolutely amazing holiday, and the island is fabulous. The staff are so lovely, and will do anything for you, and the food is gorgeous! There is lots of choice, and the desserts are delicious. Hey, they even have fush curry for breakfast! lol

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask - I could talk about Meeru all day.... :rolleyes:

Hope you both have a fantastic time. I'm trying to talk hubby into going back but I think we'll need to save up again for a few years first.....

A xx

I shall have to own up to being the poor relation on this site :-D

We have a week in a caravan on a farm near Stratford-upon-Avon booked for August.

Oh, how I yearn for the days when money was no object and I could travel!! Ho hum, must be grateful for what I've got and dream that maybe one day those days will be back!

I love my holidays and try to have 3 a year but I'm a bit of a poor relation too ;-)
I have an aversion to flying these past few years, and coupled with a bid to have more holidays for less money we have taken to changing where we go and now have more cottage holidays in this country. I love it! I must admit, I do like the sun but when we went away in May last year to Yorkshire we came back with a better tan than the week we'd had in Tenerife previously!

Anyway, this year we have a week in the Dales in April, 2 weeks in France in the summer (lovely little cottage and driving over) and hoping to have a week October half term.

I love my holidays!!

Ohhh wow what a honeymoon

Im afraid i aint going anywhere this year due to going last vegas october just gone, but we have booked for oct 2011 for 2 weeks so i have till then to shift all weight and cant wait, ilove it there but this time will be different as taking my 11 and 6 year old, eldest doesnt wanna come as he been when he was 13 and found it boring lol cheek hey, i so cant wait now still 20 months togo.

Im going to see if i can spare some cash and hopefully take them for a 4 day break to flamingo land :D

Yep yep, going Vegas and Mexico for OH birthday. 14 weeks and counting to go, really need to lose a stone though. I plan to go a bit mad in Vegas food wise, but Mexico is all inclusive and the food in one of the restuarants is all fresh fish and salads etc so I think I'll be ok in Mexico.

Niknaks I went to Bulgaria in 2008, it's great but watch out for the jelly fish there is loads of them, but it didnt seem to put anyone off going into the sea. If you get a chance do the trip where you go for dinner in the tent in the mountains (cant rememer what it's called). It's not actually a tent, it's beautiful, the how is fab and the view is amazing!!!

xx

Back