are you planning a holiday this year?

I shall have to own up to being the poor relation on this site :-D

We have a week in a caravan on a farm near Stratford-upon-Avon booked for August.

Oh, how I yearn for the days when money was no object and I could travel!! Ho hum, must be grateful for what I've got and dream that maybe one day those days will be back!

Sue I know I've gone on a bit about the Sun vouchers, but have you thought about collecting them. We've booked a mobile home in Barcelona 3rd September for 4 people for 7 nights & it's just £120, but then we have to pay for flights & service charge. We were a bit sceptible at first but it's such a bargin. The dates are limited but we don't have to go school hols anymore.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask - I could talk about Meeru all day.... :rolleyes:

Hope you both have a fantastic time. I'm trying to talk hubby into going back but I think we'll need to save up again for a few years first.....

A xx

is there a lot of nice fruit and salads? will there be a temping choice of naughties on desserts? I might have to skip them! maybe I should take some alli tablets with me and suffer orange poo again! lol. (this wont make sense to anyone unless you read the poo thread from last week)

is there a lot of nice fruit and salads? will there be a temping choice of naughties on desserts? I might have to skip them!

Hey,
They did a lovely salad every day that me and hubby really enjoyed - there were others too but we stuck to this one with ham and tomato in it as it was yummy.

There was LOADS of fresh fruit chopped up, lots of pineapple, mango, passion fruit, and there was normally a man stood at a little table who would chop you an orange or apple or something if you wanted.

As for dessert, crikey, they were gorgeous - when I'm home later I will try to post you a picture of the dessert table!

If you're still trying to do SW I think you will be fine, there was always a plain pasta, or rice, with sauce on the side that you could add if you wished. There was often a man making omelettes at breakfast time too.
Do make sure you try some of their food though, the curries are amazing (although I couldn't face trying them at breakfast time!)

I put 3lb on when we came home, but this was probably due to the all inclusive rose wine, and iced coffees lol

You will have an amazing time

A xx

aw sounds amazing, I am freezing right now and cant wait! bring on the sun :)

I am sure I will love the food, :D I wont be dieting then, so not looking for a loss (unless I dont reach my targer) but dont want to come back massive either! I will have to make up for it with lots of 'honeymoon exercise' ;)

The Maldives sound fabulous! We're off to Italy (Naples, Rome and Amalfi Coast) for two weeks in September to celebrate my 30th and we're also going to do a reccy about getting married there in 2012 - am very excited! I love Italy xxx

Lovely thread- Oh I love holidays! We are away for half term to Wensleydale in North Yorkshire- week in a cottage for my 40th so I can self cater.

One night away for my 40th for tea at "The Ritz" and the ballet- not even going to bother counting syns!

In June I am away with 2 of my children age 7 and 10 to Tunisia to my parents villa with my parents so again, will be easy to stick to plan.

August, away with Hubby and the girls to a super duper cottage in Cornwall for two weeks.

That covers it for this year!

I thought of italy too, my maid of honor is italian and she keeps telling me I should go over one time. I will one year.

I love love love holidays! I just haven't had the cash to go, so I am really looking forward to the Maldives, it will be so lovely!

I keep day dreaming about those white sandy beeches and crystal clear waters :)

beech.jpg

Yep yep, going Vegas and Mexico for OH birthday. 14 weeks and counting to go, really need to lose a stone though.

xx

My mum keeps saying about going to Bulgaria as they haven changed to the euro so it not a rip off!! Ive not heard any reports about it though so thanks :)

Im looking to lose a stone before march 20th so just under 8 weeks. I was freaking out about how overly optimistic ive been but it's only 2lb a week as is yours 1lb a week. Perfectly achieveable! Good luck my lovely! :)

Thanks so pesty! So nice to have someone believe in you and to have someone who's got a similar aim in mind :)

You'll love Bulgaria xx

Awww wow! And congrats!

We're not planning a holiday this year for very similar reasons as you having one...can't afford it as we're getting married next May lol!

Have fun sweetie and woohoo for weddingness! xx

I am planning to go to China as a treat once I get to my goal.

But lately - I might be swayed toward Thailand LOL

Either way - I can't wait!!! (to say the least)

We have just had a week in Boston and are going back in July for a family wedding for two weeks, then two weeks in south of france in September and 12 days in Barbados next feb. So as i have a lot of weight to lose and only just rejoined last monday I have to be very good. I am hypothyroid so my loss will be slower but I am aiming for 1 lb per week and anything else will be a bonus! wish me luck!!!! and I hope the weddings are all lovely
Vicki

I have to be very good. I am hypothyroid so my loss will be slower but I am aiming for 1 lb per week and anything else will be a bonus! wish me luck!!!! and I hope the weddings are all lovely
Vicki

Good luck Vicki!! Thats very sensible of you, as i said earlier in the forum 1lb a week is 52lb a year!! :D:D

I'm off to Asia in 7 weeks time and hope to lose at least another stone in that time, but we'll see. Normally I always lose weight there no matter what I eat as it is so hot and I end up getting sick with a tummy bug.

Maldives sounds wonderful!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Fab thread!! I love holidays and try to go twice a year!

I am off for a spa break to the Lakes with my best friend next month so excited about the treatments we have booked! :D

Then in June me, OH, my best friend and her OH are off to the Carribean for two weeks. Cant wait! I would love to have at least a one and a half stone off by then. It would be nice to wear a bikini and compare pictures from last years hols when the pics really upset me and made me decide the time was right to join SW.

thanks for the well wishes guys :) I cant wait, but getting stressed at the same time too! so much to plan and dont know where to start. ah well, got church, registrar (chapel not licensed) honeymoon and reception room booked, aside from rings thats it - right? ;o)

Back