Are you up for a challenge???????

1 lb this week...means I got ride of any Christmas gain before my weighin!:D

Well done on the weight losses guys. looks like we have all got our mojo's back at last (for those of us who lost them that is!!)
I lost 7lb this week so FINALLY back on track - yay!!

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb (24lb)
Bijoux (sun) 18st 1lb -4lb(23lb)
blueeyes26 13st 7lb (wed) (21lb)
Charleenjohnson

Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -1lb (22lb)
DreamGirl (mon) 12st 4lb (10lb)
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -1lb (4lb)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb (14lb)
LISACDVIRGIN (mon) 17st 5lb (11lb)
MrsR2004 18st 7lb-4lb (30lb)
Pammiedoll (wed) -5lb(33lb)
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb (19lb)
rainbow27 (mon) (11lb)
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb (14lb)
Saturn (sat) (6lb)
Gloria19 (tues) 21st 9lb (15lb)
yasmine-samara (thurs)-7lb (7lb) 27st 5lb

woohoo girlies we are back in the game! 7lb is amazing ys you must be very motivated now! Lets all keep going and keep eachother going! Keep posting everyone!!!

Hi everyone well done on your fab weight losses

YS hope your back is better and great weight loss too!

my weight loss for this week is 10lbs

Ive now lost 33lb and weigh 13st 12lbs

Happy New year everyone and Happy Shrinking xx

:talk017:

Wow, everyone should be really proud, some great losses this week and early Jan is a really difficult time to stick to plan!

Keep it up xx

Well done bijoux, another great result! Hope you don't mind me asking but do you do anything particular that you think really helps keep the losses good, I know our bodies are all different but just out of interest?

I am on my 8th week (8th weigh in on Tues) and I have lost 30lb so far and noticed you seemed to be sprinting to that finish line and I would like to catch up! :D

Exercise? How much water? Shakes/bars/tetras ?

xxx

Aww thanks. Am pleased with this week's loss. Hoping for 6lbs at next weigh in but will be happy with any loss.

I used to exercise alot before CD and had lost about 26lbs. I remember doing an hour of cardio 4 times a week and lots of weight training. To be honest I can't do much exercise now as I feel so tired after a short run on the treadmill or cross trainer although I try and swim twice a week and I do attend an aqua aerobics class and a pilates class each week. I normally have 2/3 porridge packs a day however am on a porridge, a bar and a shake this week as am back at Uni.

I try and space the packs out as much as possible and have my last pack by 6-7pm at the latest. I have a porridge normally around 9ish/10 with a cup of tea/coffee and the second about 2ish and the final anytime between half 5 and 7. I also drink a minimum of 3 litres a day.

I can't stand the tetras they taste like medicine to me. I don't think am doing anything special though.

I once read about someone who lost 6st in 3 months. Now that is amazing.

Thanks bijoux, that's very helpful! Your water intake and pack times are about the same as mine but I can't stomach the porridge for some reason :confused:

The main difference seems to be the exercise, well done you, even if it's not what your use to you are still doing a good amount! I am barely doing any, I have the energy to now but just no time, I need to try and squeeze some in one evening when my little boy is in bed and I am not working (work from home)

umm...... I have a treadmill at home, a wii fit and a vibro plate (although have to lose some more before I can use this, as I exceed max weight :eek:) so have the tools! I love swimming but am not brave enough to put on a cozzy yet :cry:I hope to start ice skating soon when i have lost a little more so that would be good fun exercise!

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Good luck on getting the 6lbs this week :D

You know what, I can't ice skate to save my life but I have booked and paid for lessons that start in the middle of Feb. Once a week for six weeks. Its something I have always wanted to do but never really had the guts to follow through. Who knows I may be 14st then and even attempt wearing skinny jeans with my skating shoes lol.

About the swimming and feeling too self concious. It goes with time. When I first started going to the gym I felt like everyone was staring at me, the gym was mixed. I am lucky though as I really don't care about what other people think of me so I just worked through the self conciousness I experienced at the beginning and now it's gone.

Fingers crossed I get it too as it would bring the total loss since I started eating healthy to 5st. That will be a really big boost for me.

How great that you have booked and paid for the lessons! I am in Notts so we have a big ice arena in honour of Torvil and Dean, I use to skate as a kid and recently got talked into taking my niece and nephew, I felt very self conscious and was scared of falling as I just kept thinking how it embarrassing it would be with a big thud!!!! But I loved it, so am hooked, maybe I will look into lessons too :D

I admire your attitude of not caring what other people think, I could do with a little of that and unfortunately I care too much I think. :(

My aim this year is to start swimming with my little boy as I feel it is really important he learn, I use to swim for Nottingham under 16's and the Hong Kong team under 14's so I was good once but my main reason for stopping training was because I went through the awkward teenage years and convinced myself I was fat - how sad is that :cry: my weight caused anxiety even at an early age and I wasn't big at all, infact very
small, probably a size 10 :eek:

5st is amazing, look forward to seeing more success from you xx

OMG!!! Am in Notts too lol, but at Uni. Who knows we might bump into each other at the ice rink lol. I go to ROKO gym x

Slimmer of the week.........

barnsie23 (thurs) 15st 9lb -4lb (24lb)
Bijoux (sun) 18st 1lb -4lb(42lb)
blueeyes26 13st 7lb (wed) (21lb)
Charleenjohnson
Dieting Rambler (fri) 19st 11lb -1lb (22lb)

DreamGirl (mon) 12st 4lb (10lb)
karen.garraway (tues) 15st 11lb -1lb (4lb)
x-katie-x (tues) 18st 12lb (14lb)
LISACDVIRGIN (mon) 17st 5lb (11lb)
MrsR2004 18st 7lb-4lb (30lb)
Pammiedoll (wed) -5lb(33lb)
PoundPrincess (tues) 15st 8lb -10lb(33lb)
rainbow27 (mon) (11lb)
Sadsam26 (fri) 18st 11lb (14lb)
Saturn (sat) (6lb)
Gloria19 (tues) 21st 9lb (15lb)
yasmine-samara (thurs) 27st 5lb -7lb (7lb)

Slimmer of the week
loosing an amazing 10lb
Pound Princess!!!!!!

Well done hun, I am so proud of you!!

We seem to have lost a lot of members over the last few weeks!!
Please don't feel you can't come back, even if you had a gain over xmas. We are all here to help and support each other. I was the one who started this thread and if it hadn't been for you guys then I would never have carried on trying.
Since trying to do CD ss almost 10 weeks ago now I have ended up gaining well over 2 stone. I have been to see a dietician at my docs and she advised me that if I continue with this pattern of loosing and gaining I am heading for a diagnosis of diabetes and it scared me. I have been so miserable trying to stick to CD and through my GPs advise I decided that I was going to follow Slimming world. I know this may come as a shock to some but I really can't continue on CD for the sake of my health and feel I needed to be honest with you all.
I started on it 1st Jan and lost 7lb in my first week. I am joining a class on wed so if it ok with everyone I will continue with this thread and do my best to loose as much weight as I can up to my holiday and then take it from there. Please feel free to let me know if there are any objections and I will hand the reigns over to someone else to run the thread in my place. At the end of the day we are all on this site to loose weight regardless of the route we take and I hope we can continue to shrink together!!

xxxxx

OMG Bijoux, how strange, chances of us both being in Notts! I suspect you are alot younger than me though if at uni? (unless of course you are "mature" student as they say!) I am 30 this year :eek: :D

I know roko gym, it's west bridgeford/wilford area isn't it? That is down the road from where I used to work before I left to have my baby - small world huh!? xx

Well done pound princess, good job!!!!

Hi YS, I can completely understand, if your heart and head are not in it at the moment then you will do more damage than good so changing plans makes sense, it doesn't have to be perminent anyway and you can always try CD again when the cycle has been broken?.

I wish you all the best with SW it is a great eating plan and hope you do continue with this thread, it's a great way to keep us all motivated and as you said, we are all hear for the same reason no matter the route we take!!!

Good luck xx

well done you for not just coming off your diet completely!!! Slimming world is excellent and is how i lost my weight when i met hubby. To me it is a good diet if you are a quantity eater - which i totally am!! CD isn't a diet for life really but SW is.
I am struggling very badly. In fact I can't really say that because I haven't really been doing it since before xmas. I start in the morning with a shake but then something comes up and then i eat.
I weighed today and put on 2lbs. My CDC was very honest and said if i didnt lose next week then i would be "kicked off". They have a waiting list so i can understand that. It has given me a kick up the bottom. All the clothes that i brought a size smaller as i lost 33 lbs and now very tight. Tonight for example is a friends birthday so we are all have chinese. Instead of thinking I had better have shakes today up to the chinese i have eaten everything in sight.
I was thinking of changing to slimming world but i like the fast weight loss that CD gives and i think i maybe disapointed at the 1 or 2 lbs as week. Eating however is a joy for me and also a social thing which is why CD is hard.
I agree with you about the diabetes. I had gall stones last year which ended up with me having my gallbladder out. That, explained the doctor was a result of me being overweight and all the rubbish i eat and also yo yo dieting.
Like you said we are all here for the same reason and i read this thread everyday. It is good to know others are in the boat and i am determined that tomorrow is the start of it again. xx

Hi Karen,

I can understand how you feel too, I did sw before I got married and really enjoyed it, all those carbs :D it is definately a plan for life. Hope you get a good loss this week!

YS - 2lb loss for me this week x

hi every1 sorry i havnt posted for a while been really busy. jus to let u know last week i lost 1lb and this week i lost 4lbs bring my total upto 21lbs in 6 weeks. hope every1 is doing well gudluck for those who have their weigh in later this week and well done those who lost.
hugs dreamgirl

hi all hope everyone is having a good week just popping by to say i lost 3lb this week. Ys hope sw is going well for you let us know how its going. well done everyone on your losses and good luck for the week ahead.

Back