Argh! Help!

ginny27

...I LOVE FRUIT!
Feel really rotten... totally fallen off the proverbial wagon and even been thinking of leaving Slimming World.

I do not enjoy the group that I go to. The consultant gets on my nerves, and hardly anyone stays to class. Last week there were four ladies, including me!!!

Should I leave and do it from home? Who else is doing that, and how are you finding it? Have your weight losses been just as good?

With love and sighs
-ginny

Oh that's a shame you are not enjoying your class. I think if you can do it on your own at home that is great, i think there are a good few people doing it on there own on this forum. I didn't like my previous 2 classes and stopped going but couldn't stick at it on my own, i was being very flexible with my syns, but i managed to find one now that i love and my consultant is great. You yourself will know what to do. Is there another class that is near you?

i would try looking for another class - if you attended a bigger class you'd find it more supportive with a better atmosphere.

i'm currently at a class i HATE ...but am settling into a new job at the moment. once i know what my hours are i will join another class.

Aww bless ya, during my time lurking on here you've come across as such a positive little soul :)
It's rotten you don't enjoy your class, I hope you can find another near you. If not you sound very clued up re the diet and with support from the gang on here I'm sure you could go it 'alone' as it were.
Sleep on it, you may feel totally different in the morning :)

There are many classes around me. Look online for what's near you. Sometimes one consultant can run a few classes, but surely there is one near you that has a different consultant and group of people? The important thing to remember is your goal. Don't let a clash of personalities ruin your chances of achieving the weight loss that you desire. The fact that no one stays to the class is more than likely indicative of the fact that others feel similarly to you. If the consultant was better, people would want to stay and feel more motivated. So don't give up on yourself! Find somewhere that you CAN feel happy and motivated. And get yourself back on track. Next summer when you're pulling on those shorts and little tops and feeling gorgeous enough to bare a bit of flesh to the world, you'll be SOOOOOO glad you stuck with it!! ((( )))

I like my consultant which is a bonus. She runs 2 groups at the hall that I go to, 1 at 5.30 and 1 at 7.15pm. I went to the 5.30 one last week and I hated it. The women there were awful!

But at the 7.15 one, all the women are lovely and we always have a laugh. I gained last week, but didn't stay cos I don't like thr group and the next morning I got a right ticking off from my consultant.

Last week I was only 1/2lb off my 1.5 stone award but I put 1.5lbs on. She said that she was really dissapointed as I seem to have lost "focus". I am glad that she gave me a mild ticking off because it helped me re-foucs and I have been 100% this week.

I have tried doing SW without a class and I didn't stick to it at all. If I had gained and not going to class I would have laughed about it and think "sod it, I will do it after Xmas." Being weighed each week gives me something to focus on and I also look forward to seeing if I have got any awards or Slimmer of the Week.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Spaceangel, you genius! I hadn't thought of that. I am currently going to the earliest class on a Monday, and the consultant always talks about how busy the later classes are.

I'm going to go back and go to the later class. Even though I KNOW I've gained. It's scary...but after thinking about next summer (thankyou MsBlue!) i know it will be worth it.

Thankyou all so much for your help and advice. I really appreciate it :)

I've tried about 4 different classes in my town, I've finally found one I love.
Last week she was talking to us about not staying for image therapy etc..... and said something along the lines of:

"All I'm asking is for 1 hour of your week, if you can't commit to that you can't be that commited to your weight loss"

It really struck a chord with me, even though I HATE image therapy and want to hide in the corner so no one talks to me, I have vowed to stay at each and every one as I know it's the only thing that works for me........

Though I could still happily shoot the people who don't read their book and ask dippy questions!!! x

:)Hi Ginny. I do SW online its called BodyOptimise. You still have to pay but you don't have to go to class. As you have all the info, if you are that unhappy at class, it might be best to go it alone with the help of the forum. Whatever you decide has to be the best for you and your weightloss.

Sue

Spaceangel, you genius! I hadn't thought of that. I am currently going to the earliest class on a Monday, and the consultant always talks about how busy the later classes are.

I'm going to go back and go to the later class. Even though I KNOW I've gained. It's scary...but after thinking about next summer (thankyou MsBlue!) i know it will be worth it.

Thankyou all so much for your help and advice. I really appreciate it :)

There is no shame in having a gain. I think its only horrible if you have followed the plan 100% and have a gain. If we have a gain because we have been "off plan" it's expected. We know we have done it, no big deal, just make sure it comes off next week and you will be feeling fantatstic again.

You can guarantee that you won't be the only one who has gained!

Back