Argh! Wobbly start to 1000 plan

anoushka

Oh dear, am only one day into 1000 plan and have already messed it up by falling foul of a bar of chocolate!

I've been really good on the 790 plan and lost almost 10 kilos but seem to have got flushed with my success and am trying to sabotage it!

Does anyone else have this problem? Will obviously need to get a grip tomorrow but am worried that I'll never stay slim without a really rigid eating structure around me :( Any advice greatly appreciated!

Hun, i would just draw a line under your 'blip' and start afresh. Everyone does it. You have the best of intentions and before you know it you've downed a choccy bar and feeling guilty about it (been there, done that, got the extra large t-shirt to prove it!!)
Apart from starting again i don't really know what else to suggest hun. I'm just the same. Thats the reason i joined CD in the first place.....give me food of any description and i lose my marbles!!! lol

Hiya hun i know EXACTLY Where you're coming from...had a pretty disasterous 4 days but still be drinking the water and got myself back on track today and spent nearly 3 hours in the gym (not all working out sum was in hydrotherapy pool too) i think the problem is that when you introduce food it's obviously not at strict and sometimes you just think well a little extra wouldnt hurt but the others are right just draw a line under it and get back on track tomorrow....i often find i feel worse at night so i try and do something to keep me occupied til about 8p then have my tea between 7 and 8 and then fruit as my dessert about 9.30-10ish find its keeps the hunger at bay, hope to help hunny you can do this!!

Thanks everyone - you're right, am just going to draw a line under it and have another pint of water instead!

BTW Ninababes - you're doing v v well on 1200 plan, you'll look fab for your wedding - what date is it?

iThanks but 11lbs of that was previous to the 1200 plan....the weeks ive stuck to it i've lost between 2 and 4lbs so if i'd stuck to it i'd have lost at least another stone by now but hey ho we're only human and ive accepted that this has to be a re-education and needs to be something i can live with!!

Wedding's 5th July gotta go get measured for my dress in 11 weeks so im hoping for another 22lbs by then and if i stick to it i know i will.

Do you have anythig to keep you going any long term plan?

Yes, am also getting married, 12th July :) Not started looking for dresses yet though, am determined to get a size 12 so not quite there yet! Also, I live in the Netherlands at the moment where the average height for women is 5ft 8" so I find it pretty hard to get clothes which fit, as I'm a shorty, so will wait till I go home at Christmas. Plus I would love to have some wedding photos that I don't hate myself in ;)

Oh wow what a small world getting married the week after....where u getting married? The netherlands must be fantastic, how lng have u lived there? If you're getting a made to measure dress mostp laces need 6 months to make it.....the latest they'll let me go is 5th Jan hence my aim to lose 22lbs by then and then i'll have lost over 50lbs :-D

Hiya - am getting married back in the UK, near Cambridge which is where both my and OH's family live. The Netherlands is great, we're just outside Amsterdam so get a good mix of big city and quiet town life which is great. Am probably not going to get a made to measure dress but would still like to get it sorted out early next year as it's an even bigger incentive to keep the weight off so I still fit into it!

I'm sure you can achieve 22lb more off by 5th Jan, and being fitted for a lovely dress is such a great focus! xx

Hey hun - forget the blip and start again RIGHT NOW ;)!! If you think to yourself that you will start again tomorrow - you will further sabotage yourself today :(!! That's how many of us end up on the slippery slope to nowhere!

You've acknowledged what's gone wrong, so why not deal with it by working out how many calories you are over and cutting back a bit for the rest of today and maybe tomorrow? I just think that if the higher steps of CD are all about teaching us to deal with food we need to start that ASAP so maybe use this an opportunity to start a new habit by cutting back a bit following an indulgence.

Sorry I've rambled! Hope you see where I am coming from!:D

Thanks Dobbie! I've been 100% focussed today and cut out enough to cover yesterday's chocolate and drunk lots of water so am feeling back on track. xx

Hi Anoushka and well done for getting back on track, its not easy but makes you feel great doesnt it?!

Wow how are the wedding plans coming along? My friend's getting married in may and she's not very tall and got a beautiful gown from debenhams its absolutely stunning and only cost £120 i think monsoon do some beautiful gowns too!!!!!

Back