ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by jools1986, 9 September 2010 Social URL.

1. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    somehow I have gained 4lbs this week!

I drink my water, I dont go over 1500 cals, all my proportions are right and I exercise.

The scales are creeping up day by day and its really disheartening me. I haven't deviated once and I have been in ketosis the whole time.

I'm getting to the point where I have just had enough

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Steve S

Steve S Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Rach, I know how disheartening a prolonged stall or gain can be when you think you're doing everything right. Believe me, I know! :rolleyes:

I also know that everyone says you don't need to worry about calories, but I have to ask if 1500 is enough of a deficit? I was startled to learn how much I was taking in every day. :eek:

Can you plug your details into BMR Calculator and then work out what your calorie intake should be using the Harris Benedict Equation link?

Other than that, are you using a tracker such as fitday or fatsecret to accurately track your intake?

Sorry for being so blunt, but I was amazed at how much over my calorie deficit I was before I started scrutinizing things. :eek:

The flipside of course is that you might have too much of a deficit for continued weight loss and your body's refusing to shed any more!

4. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    I am using fatsecret, and to be honest I am rarely hitting 1500, the most really is 1200!

I wouldnt usually panic but I have 3 weeks until I go back to uni and I really wanted to get another 7lbs off

I am going to up my exercise today, and restart the 30 day shred see if that helps a bit x

5. Steve S

Steve S Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Best of luck with that Rachael, love. I hope it picks up for you soon.

I was getting all excited about an apparent loss, but it's creeping back up of course as the days go on.

6. Cinta

Cinta Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st5lb(-3.25%)
    Diet:
    LC/Atkins
    I have to admit as someone who only believed for 30 years that I could only lose weight on 8oo kcals, even when I was a SW consultant. I haven't counted my kcals once on this. It was hard at first. I haven't cooked with oil for years, let alone butter. I only ever had butter in the fridge at Christmas & used mustard instead of any kind off spread. Cheese was eaten then or on holiday (even then I would feel guilty!) & I can tell you the calories count of a meal just by looking a the plate :(

I was too scared to count them at first on this & now I don't care. I know I can lose weight on this (if I stay off they wine or cider-they do stall me ;)) I don't even follow Atkins, just try to keep my carbs under 20g.

I know your both struggling & everyone is different, but I think what I'm trying to say is try to trust this way of eating without getting too tied up with calories, it might not be helping.

I hope this doesn't sound preachy, I've been 3 stone heavier than this in the past so I'm not someone saying I've only got a couple of stone to lose & this change is easy. I've struggled all my life & changing to this way of eating was completely terrifying. I did it firstly to try to control IBS which has ended in an op. It did within days so I'm not ever tempted by bread or pasta or grains, I don't want to go back to that pain & missing out on things.

I's sure I would pass out if I started to count the calories I'm eating & if I kept cutting down it would affect my loss.

Hope you both find the answer.

All the best with your journey

Love Sharon xx

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Yes, unless you are seriously stalling for weeks and weeks it's not about the calories.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.