ArtyBee's cocoon

Well, yesterday I was low and tired but I still stuck to plan. Really pleased with that. I even got a couple of 'ooh you're looking slim!' comments at work?!? Yay! Must be doing something right.

Today will be very busy but I have an easier commute as it's a London day. Makes the whole thing more bearable as the commute is about an hour door-to-door not two!

I hope my off plan 36 hours won't massively affect my weight this week. I should have lost any glycogen again by the time I get weighed on Wednesday evening.

Swimming tonight :eek:)

Yes, it's a beautiful morning here too. Feeling good. I went to Primark yesterday and bought two new maxi dresses (totally loving the maxidress-and-sandals
combo for hot days in the office). I got an 18 even though they are stretchy because they look a lot better, and I'm ok with that. (I was wearing a size 14 skirt from Sainsbury's yesterday.) Even did my toenails to match the turquoise stripe :)

Feel I'm getting my mojo back, little by little. I still have some residual 'boss anxiety' - it's going to take me a while to trust that my new boss will be steady and consistent in approach, but my anxiety levels overall (with the odd off day, like yesterday) are improving.
Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Weighed myself this morning, as I was getting a bit anxious about tonight's result, because of the while constipation issue and having gone off plan 84.8!! I expect it will be a bit more this evening but at least the scales are moving DOWN again. And that's 10kg off in five weeks. Pleased with that. I was really discouraged by last week's STS.

Also I've just realised this next bit is where I start dropping clothes sizes a bit quicker. The beginning is where I was actually a 20 but squeezing into big 16s. Now the big 16s fit, then it will be the big 14s, then the tailored 14s, then... The 12s!!! I hope I've turned a corner with this now and will start losing consistently.

Swimming was good last night. We did backstroke, which I've never tried before. I did two whole lengths of it! My front crawl is still a mess but it was only my third lesson after all. Great to be learning so I won't be stuck with breaststroke.

Last edited:
Ooh no I need to adjust my sidebar as the official weight was 1kg heavier! 85.8

Anyway... I'm in the zone. At that stage where you start to believe the perseverance will pay off and I will get back into some old favourite clothes by October if not sooner. This is a nice feeling! Went to Monty Python with hubby last night - the last part of his 40th birthday present - and did go slightly off plan as he wanted a posh burger. He was happy with me not eating but rather than risk feeling deprived I had a skinny (no bun) burger with green salad, and sent the salad back as it had dressing on it and asked them to give it to me plain. Mineral water (no lemon). I'm pleased actually. My favourite bit was the rocket in the salad!!! Have always loved rocket (hubby hates it though he likes his vegetables generally) but last night it tasted like food of the gods lol. (Oh and the show was good too lol.)

Speaking of veggies, my garden is coming along really well. Have been harvesting sugarsnap peas (never done them before and they're fab) and loads of baby runner beans coming. My potatoes (first year for those too) have likewise gone a bit mental, and my tomatoes. Went out this morning and the pumpkin and courgette are looking promising too. I only tried vegetable gardening for the first time last year and I'm hooked!

Needing to dig a bit deeper today as it's the weekend, which means preparing all the meals for the family, and I'm tired from a busy week and it's my birthday tomorrow so I could justify almost anything if I put my mind to it. But I'm not. I'm on it 100% and was yesterday too, with no 'real' struggles - ie the burger/lettuce didn't knock me out of ketosis. Seem to be bone-crushingly tired a lot of the time. So much for the surge of ketosis energy! Mind you, my energy levels are higher than usual, but my usual is a pretty low baseline. I've given up asking the GP about it. Blood tests (apart from the anaemia and mild RA markers) always come back normal, so I guess I just need to get more rest. I do get fed up of my joints hurting though. Oh well! NSV today is that my size 16 (from Monsoon so read 18 ) trousers are getting loose in the leg and waist. Hurrah!

Last edited:
Well, that didn't quite go to plan lol :8) had a nice evening with my hubby and didn't go TOO mental. Decided to have a day off today as well, but keeping it reasonably low carb. Back on it tomorrow.

Had a really fab day, thanks! We went to the local garden centre (I'm SO rock 'n' roll) at lunchtime - they have a lovely restaurant - and they've just changed their menu. I had baked aubergine and parmesan with an undressed green salad. Ok so I went a bit 'off road' with carbs in the evening (nuff said) but not too crazy, and the rest of the day was very low carb.

Straight back on it today. I've had my porridge pack, lots of water and a black coffee so far today. I'm at the hospital today with my husband so have been working remotely this morning (just taking a ten-minute break). I'll have a shake in a little while, before taking him back home. It's quite nice being back on packs today - feels quite calming and like I'm doing the right thing.

Happy to report I've been 100% today, as planned. Got a big day tomorrow as my new boss is over from the US so I'm getting up early to be at the office by 8am (my choice). Tomorrow might be a bit more taxing, plan wise, but I'm determined to get back on track ASAP.

100% yesterday as well. Weigh in today. Given that I also have pmt I don't have high hopes, but at least I'm back on it.

Hubby went for his pre-op assessment yesterday for his annual procedure. He's pleased to report he's 81kg - exactly the same as last year. Ooh I'm so jealous!!! (Which is several kinds of crazy, I know!!)

0.6lb off, which isn't bad as it's TOTM today and I had the weekend off plan.

Pleased to report I have been on plan 100% since Monday, with no inclination to waver apart from a moment on Thursday when I made a minor social faux pas and was briefly tempted by some peanuts that are stored in the car. Resisted though and very glad I did. Someone said that she uses the memory of how good she felt for resisting when she was tempted previously, and the more often she resists, the more practice she gets. It really helps to look at it that way.

Haven't had many NSVs yet, except I put on my smart jacket yesterday (I only have one at the moment as I refused to replace all my nice clothes in a bigger size) and it looks baggy!! It used to only just meet round my tummy but now overlaps. Pity everything else is still too small. I really stacked on that last couple of stone very fast. I'd been in 14s for a year (still bigger than I want to be) and I'm not close at all to getting into the tailored non-Lycra size 14s yet. I must have ballooned up to an 18-20 in a matter of weeks!?! Oh well. At least I'm sorting it out now, aren't I?

Last edited:
Weird. Been very very tired all week. Not just 'tired' but bone-achingly exhausted. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and got nine hours. But still completely wiped out. I think it's because of TOTM. Anyway, now at swimming pool for my daughters' lessons and actually lightheaded and dizzy. I've just had my second pack - far too early, I know, but feeling terrible! Hopefully I'll get through the day ok.

Had a week off the iron because of digestive issues (best euphemism I can think of) and started one tablet a day last weekend. I was on three a day though so maybe that's the problem? The anemia is back maybe? Just feel really really weak and all my muscles and joints ache. Oh well.

Sorry you don't feel so good today. I've had days where I just needed the packs sooner and ended up going to bed early when the day exceeded the packs!! I know what you mean about stacking on that last bit of weight so quickly. I don't know quite how I did it but as you say we are here now and tackling it. I am too in some 14s but some are just nowhere near. I would just like them to be slipping on with ease but I think I need to knuckle down for another stone before I'm really there.

Hope you feel a bit better and enjoy your weekend.

Well I was an accident waiting to happen yesterday, and with the knackeredness and then today a big baptism to go to I've had another weekend off plan. I know I won't lose doing this and am just prolonging things, but on the other hand I feel I'm 'living' rather than 'dieting', which is kind-of the point. I had the urge to go for a run this morning. Yes, I know! Me! A run! Ok, so technically it was more than 50% walking, but I totally enjoyed it. It wasn't about weight loss it was about fun and energy and oomph. I like this. Is this an actual lifestyle starting to materialise from the gloom of dusty packs?! I hope so! :)

I think the walk run is the best way to get going and it is lovely when you get that desire to do exercise. I think it's what happens when we start to hear what our bodies are saying. I think there is a lot to be said for being on plan during the week and then letting loose a little at weekends but I guess it is really hard to do a VLCD without ketosis. I don't think there is one answer we just have to find our own way. I do know that when we are on here reporting in we do a lot better than when our head is in the sand. I don't think I know anyone who is checking in regularly who hasn't made some sort of progress.

Monday. Sigh. That's the problem with having lovely weekends! It's sunny at least, which helps, and I'm doing my smaller commute today, and will try to get the earlier train home and my mum is coming up to town for coffee at lunchtime so it's all good really but oh, I love my family and wish I was home right now!

Right! Enough of that! Pulls self together. I've got a big project to work on today and a trip to New York to organise!!

Back