Total Solution Aryathebrave's fighting the flab

So, day 17 is nearly over. It has not been the easiest day but not really due to hunger...

I had a strawberry shake for lunch and a coffee and a cup of bouillon mid morning and it was all good until I tried to eat the mushroom risotto again. I couldn't stomach it! It tasted so vile and it made me gag so much I had to trow it in the bin. So I ended up with no lunch or food till I left after 5.00. I wasn't really hungry but I just felt unwell and like I had to eat something. So I went into boots and got an Atkins hazelnut crunch bar. OMG, it tasted soooooo much better than Exante bars! It's low in carbs and high in protein and 210 kcal, but it don't think they can be used as meal replacements. Shame, as I could eat them! Back at home I popped a vitamin pill just to cover myself.

I have just finished eating the 'bread' I baked. I put loads of garlic in it and it was edible, but not the best thing I've ever eaten. Made a nice change, though. I hope everyone's day has been a great one, off to have 1/3 of coke zero and watch some telly. Night, night.x

I shall investigate the Atkins bars. It would be good to have something in reserve other than ham and cheese (or toast in tonight's case :cry:) for when the munchies strike. Even if you just nibbled on half a bar it would just help keep one on track for no carbs and not too many calories.

Just wanted to put it out there - Saints & Slimmers salted caramel bars - so much nicer than any Exante I tried! Lunchtime saved!:D

Never heard of them. Where do you get them?

They're another VLCD site and they're so much cheaper than Exante. Here's the link: Diet Plans & Weight loss meals from Saints & Slimmers. You can also pick up your own monthly bundle!!! So if you don't like the meals, you don't have to have them! Monthly bundle is £79.99 :D

Found the web site.

Day 18 is nearly over. Another good day diet wise with no cheats and not much struggle.

Vanilla shake and coffee for breakfast, saints & slimmers bar for lunch with another cup of coffee, bouillon and half banana shake for dinner and I have just finished eating half a Maxitone Sculptress caramel crunch bar (another one which is soooo much better than Exante)! I found myself really hungry and feeling empty at about 5.30 when running around Asda shopping for the hubby and baby, but luckily I had the Maxitone in my bag, so I took a quick bite and felt much better.

Yesterday a student said to me 'miss, you look slim'. I didn't really know how to respond, so I just mumbled 'oh, do you think so?' And he turned to his classmate and said 'See, I told you yesterday she lost weight'. I was smiling for the whole hour!:D Hope everyone had a lovely day.x

Going great there Arya. Well done. How lovely getting those comments, they really do give us such a boost and keep us going. Onwards and downwards :) xx

Hello - I'm new here and just wanted to say how much you (and the other diarists) are inspiring me. Thank you :)

I'm on day 4 and am trying to treat it like being an alcoholic - one day at a time!

Welcome Sonic (cute name)! One day at a time is how I roll as well:D Good luck with your journey!

Yaaaay welcome Sonic. Stick with it, it's worth it :) x

That's really sweet of your student Arya. Bet that made the rest of your day :D.

I use the slim & save bars, much nicer than the exante ones but food packs not as nice. Bit of mix & matching helps along the way.

Have a good day xx

Nice to hear teenage boys can be so observant. Bet that made your day. :)

Thank you ladies!

Day 19 and our 5th wedding anniversary.

It's been quite a good day, lovely weather and the start of weekend and I managed to get my hair coloured! I did, however, have a slight wobble a couple of hours ago. As it's our anniversary, hubby got himself a sushi takeaway (my all time favourite food). As he put it in the fridge to enjoy later, I sat on the sofa feeling hungry and fed up of eating this processed space cadets rubbish! I felt like I was missing out, wishing my life away, not really living... Then I remembered why I was here and what I wanted to achieve. So I made myself half a pack of spaghetti with extra garlic, basil and Tabasco, drank fizzy water and ate half the Maxitone bar from yesterday. Feeling much better mentally now! I threatened hubby that I might steal his tuna sashimi, but I even refrained from that so far! I hope everyone's day has been fab! X

Last edited:
And now he's eating an 'ice cream' cupcake that I GOT HIM! Help!!!

Wow that is restrained not rugby tackling him for the sashimi! Very impressive restraint

Thanks for the welcome :) I found today really hard - maybe because it's Friday and it's normally when I'd crack open the wine? I haven't succumbed though. I keep telling myself if I can get through the first week without cheating it will be easier. Hopefully ...

Am going to watch Orange is the New Black. Perfect spacedust watching because their food looks so disgusting!

Well done Arya. See how strong and determined you are already. It's totally worth it. I keep telling myself I have another 56 days to go and I don't want to cheat as I will have to be on this longer and longer. It's worth x weeks to get the results :) xx

Great determination there Arya. Another day done :).

Have a good one today xx

Congratulations on your anniversary. And well done on staying strong :)

Thank you Abigail. X

So day 20 is nearly done. I've stayed 100% and noticed that I'm developing a sort of 'immunity' to other people eating lovely food in from of me. My hubby made eggs and bacon this morning and even though the smell was gorgeous, I wasn't even salivating :).

It's been a nice day, we took Olivia to the play park in the morning and got caught in torrential downpour, so we escaped to pret-a-manger across the road. Hubby had a caramel frape, a bag of crisps and a popcorn bar, Olivia 2 babycinos and Godfrey the gingerbread man and I had an espresso. And I was happy with it, not feeling deprived or anything! When we got home, my baby napped and I had a cup of bouillon. She got up after nearly 4 hours (!) and I made her an omelette for lunch. I had another coffee and half an Atkins bar. Then a cup of tea and half a banana shake an hour later. We went to the park and when we got back she had her dinner (hubby was at work). I put her to bed after 8.00 and ate half spag bol and the rest of the bar. Feeling fine! Now off to watch some tv before I collapse into bed. Hope everyone's Sunday has been lovely. X

Back