Total Solution Aryathebrave's fighting the flab

Your meal looks gorgeous, I think it's great how you are being so strict and focussed, well done :) xx

Day 24, 3rd day of food week.

No problems diet wise, though I was feeling faint and a bit dizzy early afternoon. No idea why. Had vanilla shake with coffee this morning, half a bar at 11.30, the other half for lunch, bouillon and a cup of tea. Two cups of flavoured coffee and this image.jpglovely thing for dinner. I'm due another pack, but really don't feel like it as the salad really filled me up... I'll have it later, I think.

Scales still haven't moved today (actually showing a gain this evening) so feeling a bit fed up... Even the clothes I tried on don't look much better than last week. I won't give in or binge, but really feeling quite low today. :sigh: Still, I'll do my abs challenge and have my shake and hope tomorrow is a better day. Have a lovely evening, everyone! X

Just push through the 'low'. It's all part and parcel of this VLCD journey. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Fed up, fed up, fed up!!! The scales show a gain of over 2lb this morning! I haven't even eaten 2 pounds worth of food! I don't know what to do, continue with the food week or go back to TS? Feeling rubbish at the mo...

Having not done a food week I don't know what to advise but I can understand your frustration. Hopefully someone else will know from experience. :confused:

Sorry to see you are a bit frustrated. Try not to be, I know seeing a gain when you've been sensible feels like a joke but it may be water retention and our bodies react in different ways, it will come off just as easily and it's normal to fluctuate.

Also, never trust evening weighing as your body naturally goes into a state similar to ketosis as you sleep and so after you've been toilet first thing in the morning before you've eaten or drank anything is when it is most accurate.

Sometimes I walk around the house a bit and so a few chores before I eat or drink anything then go check the scales and they've moved.

Hope you are having a good day.

Hi Arya. I'm with Sheridan here. I only ever weigh first thing now as my weight fluctuates so much during the day and it can be so disheartening, stick with it. I promise it's worth it. I'm pleased I did. 4 stone of blubber gone. Hang on in there and keep drinking the water ;-) xx

Thank you for the wise words ladies. I know you're right, but still feeling fed up... Will just plod on and maybe feel better soon. No cheats for me and this cheesy mushroom was my dinner. Still need to have a shake and do my abs challenge while watching football. Sone of my neighbours thinks it's ok to blast music just because it's warm! :mad: Hope you all are doing fab!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 25
That mushroom's looking very tasty indeed Arya. How's today going? X

I only ever weigh in the morning after I've been to the loo. Love the look of that mushroom. Push through, keep plodding and something will happen and you will feel better. Have a good weekend. :)

Thank you ladies for all the support, it means a lot!

Day 26 today and scales showed an even bigger gain today! I was feeling really fed up, but then realised what may be causing it! I don't think the gain is actually from the low calorie food I've been eating - I'm ovulating at the moment and frankly feeling like I'm laying a giant ostrich egg... Super bloated and have the lovely ovu pain to accompany, too. So I suspect it's probably water weight I'm carrying.

I had a shake and coffee for breakfast, bar for lunch, cup of bouillon, another cup of coffee in a cafe (with a teensy bit of milk) with a work friend and the salad below (crayfish and avocado) for dinner. I'm due another pack, which I'll have soon. The weather here has been glorious, but a bit too hot for my liking... Hope everybody had a lovely day x
image.jpg

Well done for hanging in there. It is so hard when you don't see the scales moving and then suddenly they will move and its all worthwhile :) xx

I can't be the food so there is obviously something else going on. It'll come off. :)

Those salads look so good Arya. The weight is definitely fluid, there is no way its fat weight so chin up. You are doing tremendously well with your food choices xx

Hello on this warm evening and day 27 for me (the penultimate day of food week)!

My gain from yesterday is still there and I'm getting really antsy! Have been trying on some clothes and unfortunately many are still tight, I was expecting (naively) to be lots slimmer by now...

I had vanilla shake with coffee for breakfast, bouillon at 12.00, half a chilli with chives for lunch and half banana shake at 3.00. I snacked on a few olives and pickled onions and then had a cheesy mushroom with side salad for dinner. I'm due another pack, but feeling full and contemplating not having it at all? Would that be so bad, if I took a multivitamin?

It's too hot for me, I feel flustered, fat, frumpy... Hope my mind resets soon... Have a lovely evening, everyone x

Last edited:
The pesky 3lb gain is gone this morning! Yippee! I finally feel like my mind is in the right place. Pancakes for breakfast this morning and I managed to get them just how I like them - thin and crispy on the edges. Some 0 kcal pancake syrup and voila! Here they are (I already had one by then). Need to get more! Have a lovely Sunday, everyone. X
View attachment 142367

Pleased to hear your 3lb gain has gone. Funny how these things disappear literally overnight! Hope you have a good weigh-in tomorrow and then it's into week 5 with a newly revved up metabolism! :)

So food week is nearly over. I must say, I really enjoyed eating food again - all these lovely textures and the crunch of fresh veggies! I'm gonna miss it...

I had pancakes for breakfast with a cup of coffee, mint choc shake for lunch with hazelnut flavoured coffee, snacked on a few olives and pickled onions and then had a bit of roast chicken (without skin) with a small side salad for dinner. I've just finished drinking banana shake. Loads of water throughout.

Although I'm gonna miss food, I'm looking forward to the strictness of TS. I must admit I've often felt this week as if I could just spiral out of control... I looked into the fridge far too often than I needed... So bring on the next three weeks and then I'm going abroad! I will try and do 5:2 while I'm away and really looking forward to trying it. Have a lovely evening, all x.

I agree it is somehow comforting to get back on Exante after a food week. No food choices to contend with & the guarantee of a good loss.

Where are you off to in 3 weeks Arya xx

Back