Total Solution Aryathebrave's fighting the flab

I'm off to Poland, Susie. Hubby was going to come with, but he's starting a new job, so can't. I'm probably going to stay for 2 weeks now, since we were going to come back only because of him (I'll be on summer holiday back then).

Day 29 and back to TS for me. I thought it was going to be difficult, but I think the regimented way in which it works is a good thing for me! I had a vanilla shake with coffee for dinner, bouillon mid morning, an Atkins bar with a flavoured caramel coffee for lunch and a spag bol with fresh chives, garlic and basil for dinner. I'm currently drinking a little coke zero with ice. And confession - I've had 5 tiny pickled onions, but not worried about it! Hope everyone enjoyed their day. X

Just got some devastating news - my dad is very ill (prostate cancer)... Getting through tomorrow will be hard...:cry:

So sorry Arya. God love you. Thoughts are with you and your dad Hun xx

So sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. Hope it's been caught early. Take it a meal at a time hun. You've got a lot on your plate right now, figuratively speaking of course.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that your dad is ill Arya. Thinking of you and your family xxx

Oh Arya I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Like the others have said, just take it slowly and be gentle with yourself. We're all here for you xx

Arya that's such sad news, I really do feel for you (((hugs))) xx

Thank you all, it means a lot.

As you can probably imagine, I've had a crap night and even crapier day... I did go to work after sleeping maybe 4 hours and when I got there, I realised that I couldn't face a whole room full of teenagers and was sent home. Managed to speak to dad briefly today (he lives in Spain). He's understandably very worried and down but is also very matter of fact about being ill, which I think is his way of coping with it. He's currently having all sorts of tests and will have to make the decision whether he wants to have it cut out or treated with some sort of electric current therapy by 14th July. I just hope that the cancer hasn't spread to his bones, as this would be terminal. Please say a little prayer for my daddy.x

When I found out last night, I had a brief moment of thinking 'stuff the diet'! But I then realised that stuffing my face would not help neither me nor my dad. I'm dieting cos I want to get healthier and be there for my little girl. So I stuck to it. Had a vanilla shake and coffee for breakfast, cup of hazelnut coffee midday, hot cross bun bar (loved it) and green tea for lunch and exante eggs omelette for dinner. I added chives and some mushrooms to it and it was rather edible. I'm probably gonna have a little bit of coke zero later and that'll be me done for today. I hope you ladies had a lovely day. X

Well done for sticking to the diet when it's just the kind of situation that would have many people consoling themselves with food. But, you are absolutely right, breaking your diet isn't going to help your dad and it's certainly not going to help you or your daughter. Sincerely hope the cancer hasn't spread. :bighug:

Hoping that the test results show its in the early stages and that the malignancy responds to treatment. I will say a prayer for your dad and your family tonight.

Its so difficult when there is such a distance between you all so take one day at a time x

How are you doing today Arya xx

Just a quick update, as Knackered Central here as Olivia decided to wake up at 4 a.m.!

Stayed 100%, plodding along though feeling a bit dizzy (weather)? Hope you're all well. X

So sorry to hear about your dad, well done chick for sticking on the plan xx :bighug:

I'm glad you didn't turn to food to console yourself as that could have then made you feel bad and you are feeling awful as it is.

I can only imagine how difficult it is dealing with this from such a distance, it must be so hard xx

Stay strong honey and take time to look after yourself too x

Arya, been thinking of you and your Dad. Very well done on being 100% when most people would be seeking comfort wherever they could but you're right, breaking the diet won't help anyone in the long run. Sending love xx

Thanks again, ladies. X

So day 32 has been another 100% one. I'm still feeling rotten and very tired as for 3rd night in a row Olivia decided to wake up around 3.00 and stayed awake for over 2 hours! After an hour of listening to her chatter I decided to turn down the sound on the monitor so I could have at least an hour of sleep! She wasn't crying and if she had been, I would have heard her as she's next door. She finally fell asleep and stayed asleep until 7.30. I, on the other hand, feel like utter crap and still quite dizzy...

My students had a party today and lots of lovely food was around (including homemade cakes, deserts and snacks - giant tiramisu anyone)? None passed my lips though I wanted to give in quite a few times. Don't know how I did it, but stayed strong. I'm just finishing half an Atkins bar and that's me done for today! I hope you ladies have a nice evening enjoying footie. X

We'll done Arya. You are doing so well ? xx

Well done on another day completed xx

Another excellent day, well done Arya x

Back