A's & B's Whats your favourite and do you use them as well as you should, or at all!

frugal fifer

Silver Member
We had a really good class talk last week about the healthy extra choices and how important they are for good weight losses. I must admit, depending on what plan I am following, I either use them well or not at all. This week I have decided to shake things up and try things I would not normally have. As my consultant said "if we told you all you could eat was bread and cereal, you would get bored, yet we give you lots of choice and you stick with the same things."
This week I have had cheese on toast , stewed fruit served with floating islands and home made custard, still have lots of things to try so come on and share your ideas for those A&B choices.

I do exactly what your consultant says- stick to the same ones!

Maybe I do need a kick start with them. I don't take milk in tea so usually have 1 or 2 A's left at the end of the day, and my B is usually used at breakfast on cereal or crispbreads.

Yes, I need some inspiration too!!!!
x

Yep me too. I eat bread and cheese. Very rarely I might have some cereal and milk. But I only get one A and B so bread and cheese is pretty much it. The HeA is normally cheese used as a topping on cottage pie, on chilli, with a J/pot. Or I may use it as milk in pasta sauce....boring I know but I don't like a lot of the other foods that I can use them with as much.

I have hifi's, or alpens. Weetabix, or crunchy bran. Cheese in food, or milk in food. Nuts to nibble, Cheese on toast with an egg on, yummy.

Yes I stick with same one's too.

HEXB - Weetabix, WW bread and Alpen light bars.

HEXA - Skim milk, 3 Babybel cheeses and Laughing Cow VLF triangles.

It seems we are creatures of habit when it comes to our HEX's...

I struggle to get my HEB in so I'll sometimes use my tablespoon of olive oil instead of frylight.

I am going to use the alpen lights to make a base for a cheesecake, the top will be the lemon curd recipe I got on here mixed with quark - will let you know how it turned out. I find if I am on EE I try to keep my extras for later - then forget.

I normally use my HEB's but dont often use my A's at the moments its swings and roundabouts though some times i do at the moment i'm having yoghurt on my breakfast.

My A choice is always milk as I'm a bit of a coffee addict! The other A (if not on EE) is cheese.
My B choice varies - either weetabix/porridge/bread/ryvita or maybe cheese if on EE

I do mix them up a bit but tbh if on EE which I seem to do of late then B choice is only really cereal/bread/crispbread.

I see what your consultant is saying though and it does make sense!

I used my milk allowance, 2 eggs separated, sweetner, and vanilla. You whisk the whites till stiff with sweetner, mix the yolks with sweetner and vanilla, then put your milk allowance in a shallow pan and heat gently, then spoon on the meringue mix in lumps and poach for a few minutes before turning - be gentle, they may puff up a bit and should be cooked for a few minutes on each side, remove with slotter spoon and leave to one side. pour the heated milk onto the yolks and put back on the heat to make a custard, heat gently stirring all the time and when it is ready and cooled slightly put into serving dish ant top with "islands", sliced banan in the bowl before the custard is poured on is fab.

Hex a's - s/s milk in tea, with cereal or rice pudding. Cheese for on top of Jacket pots, spag bol, smash pizza etc. Or Ex Light Laughing cows

Hex b's - Alpen Lights, Rivita Minis, Special K bites, Puffed wheat, crispbreads/ryvitas etc.

I don't drink tea or coffee, so usually my HEXA is 3 mini babybel light cheese ... mmmmmmmm. If I have a green day and a jacket spud then I'll have light cheese slices too.

My "B"s I usually use for small amounts of meat if on a green day and a small amount of potato and 2 wholemeal slices of bread if on a red day!

Usually Scan bran/Hifi bars/Alpen light bars/Ryvita minis as my HEb. Always VLC LC triangles as my HEa as I do not like a lot of dairy products, need a bit more variety.

xx

Frugal that sounds lovely! I think I might try that this week.

As for me I tend to use mine on milk, cheese, cereal, crispbreads and alpen bars.

Back