As good as it looks and tastes....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by icemoose, 9 September 2006 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I was chatting with a client last night who is fixated at the minute with a pot noodle (not sure why but hey!!)

It reminded me the whole time I was on the diet that M&S had an advert on the TV for a chocolate pudding that was full of melted chocolate and everytime they put the spoon it it poured chocolate all out of the plate and looks wonderful.

Throughout the diet I promised myself that would be the first treat when I finished and that I could wait until then.

Anyway I finished the 1500 maintenance plan on the Friday back in Feb and went and got a 2 pack from M&S in Yarmouth. I was a bit nervous as I didn't want to put 10 stone back on with one mouthful (you know how mad we all are!) so I shared one with Jo.

Anyway it was ok!! You know just ok!! Yes it tasted nice and was lovely etc etc etc but compared to being skinny it was a moment on the lips and something to say "That's yummy" but then 2 minutes later it is gone.

So however much you think this weekend that a slice of bread, a bit of ham, a jaffa cake or a bar of chocolate is going to be the best thing ever I promise you that it may taste nice but ultimately it is just going to push you towards a place you really don't want to go to.

Be good all :)
    Flopster, DQ and Russiandoll like this.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    A fantastic and encouraging post Mike!

A friend of mine who was on CD but took a break to go on holiday said that after 3 months of SSing and wildly anticipating eating 'real' food, she found it a 'disappointment' and not the orgasmic experience she'd expected.

I hope that once I reach the maintenance stage, food will no longer be the axis of my existance and I'll have things in perspective like you. :)
  4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

How true - how very very true! :) Nice one Mike :D
  5. Wobbly

Wobbly Full Member

Very, very true.

I think you should write a book for all dieters out there with all your insights.

Currently I keep reminding myself that water is 'a fab drink that melts away the fat' every time a fill up my water bottle!
    Mini likes this.
  6. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

That's a great post Mike and oh so very true!!! However lovely any type of food is it really does only last for a few minutes then it's over!! I think this is why i binge cos i try to make the pleasure last as long as possible!! It's NEVER worth it though cos i always feel rubbish afterwards!!
  7. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low cal/low fat
    Thanks mike that is so true and i am going to remind myself of what u wrote every time my damm chatterbox tries to get the better of me xx
  8. bluemoon

bluemoon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante plus a meal
    brilliant post Mike and so true. going to use that a lot over the coming weeks xx
  9. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Lighter Life
    Fab post Mike and so true, I hate weekends, I really struggle and this is a nice reminder!
  10. demon

demon Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Fantastic post mike and definitely true.

Was sooo looking forward to normal food when I took a break for my week's hol at the end of May, and yes we had a great time, but you know what, the food was only a tiny part of that enjoyment. Being slim feels sooo much better :D

WOW, guess that means I really am learning on this journey. Start maintenance on Monday and plan to keep that thought firmly in the front of my mind :)
  11. goldgranny

goldgranny Member

Great Message:) !!!
    Weekends are very difficult, everyone, aren't they? I find each day a struggle so maybe it's just me ..........:rolleyes:
    BUT I have sooo stuck to the lipotrim plan this week, I've actually realy surprised myself:eek: I'm starting the refeeding next Tesday, then we are away for 4 days, and when I get back I'm going to go over the cd. Just think it's more flexible than the lipotrim.
    It's good to read encouraging messages like that one
    Mini likes this.
  12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I am hoping when I get to goal that Mike I have your mind set! Please!!!

I don't crave is nuts and more nuts when I get a craving.

Well done Anne-Marie for sticking with your diet. I don't think any diet is easy, but I do find vlcd gives results and that makes it more doable for me and weekends are the toughest I find.

Love Mini xxx
  13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    So very true Mike. I only wish something would taste as nice as I imagined when I was on cambridge.

Hang in there Mini. Plan your day. Split your packs. Talk on here :)
  14. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

LighterLife then CD
    Well worth bearing in mind :)
  15. Maislow

Maislow Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life
    golly that is so very true
  16. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Thought I'd bump up this post as it is fab - Thanks Ice! It has strengthened my resolve - and I was wavering tonight!
  17. Snail

Snail Full Member

thats the good thing about alcohol... the experience is prolonged lol ;)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.