As promised... fruit calorie calculator, though I ended up adding other calculators!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I posted a few days ago saying how sad I was for making a fruit calorie calculator because I kept getting confused. Seems a few people wanted it, so maybe I'm not quite so sad after all! I've built up two other calculators in there too. One is a menu type thing almost, has all the meat, carbs, veg etc. so you can put in all your amounts and work out how many calories are in that meal. Could be used to keep track of calories for the day. Will probably build that up some more and put up a better version at some point. Also has an exercise calculator that will work out how many calories you burned doing a certain exercise for a certain amount of time based on your weight.

It's a zip file. So just download, open and save. But any problems, let me know!

Hope it's helpful for some people!

Attachments

• Caroline's Calorie Counter.xls.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
oooh, that looks fab, thank you!

Caroline, are the calorie calculations for the meals working properly? It's showing e.g. 13500 calories for 100mls of semi-skimmed milk :D

Umm... far too long!! It was the exercise bit that took so long really!

Yup I do indeedy have a mac... strokes my mac... not sure I'd have anything else!

Oh, yeah that's per half pint, sorry probably didn't make that clear, I'll add a per ml bit too and reupload in a sec!

Have uploaded the updated version above!

caroline, you are an amazing woman, thank you! this is perfect. you rock! it will be so helpful when i move up the plans, as i really have no idea about what a correct portion size is. thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Umm... far too long!! It was the exercise bit that took so long really!

Yup I do indeedy have a mac... strokes my mac... not sure I'd have anything else!

Oh, yeah that's per half pint, sorry probably didn't make that clear, I'll add a per ml bit too and reupload in a sec!

That's perfect! :D

I'd like a Mac. I used Linux for a while but I couldn't use my iPod in the way I wanted to so I came back to Windows... Guess I wouldn't have that problem with a Mac!

Thanks Caroline
This is brilliant - it will be really useful as trying to calorie count at the moment.
Thank you
Rosie xx

You're all very welcome!

I figure it's the kind of things that as you move up the plans and into maintenance might be helpful. I don't really know about what portion sizes should be either!

Yeah Macs are amazing, in my honest opinion! I did photography at uni for a while and my PC just couldn't handle photoshop well enough. Would take 2 hours to create a contact sheet where as my mac takes 5 minutes! So when it came to loan time I upgraded, was about time anyway really! I got a great student discount of about 20% plus managed to blag free apple care. So my warranty was up to 4/5 years instead of 1. And they'll fix anything. Was a lot of money, but I don't think expensive. The thing about mac is they don't do low spec, so they don't do cheap. Though, accessories are bloomin expensive I'll admit!

Caroline you should be an accountant, with your love for spreadsheets!

your so clever ta x

Hello,

I still dont understand how the semi skim milk part works! i wanted to calculate how many calories is the skim milk i use in my tea. I think i use about 10ml?

so for 10ml it shows 180 calories!

ARE YOU SERIOUS!

OH GOD!

*having a heart attack*

Ok, to explain the milk...

the 1/2 pint or tea and coffee one just put 1, 2, 3, how many you've had, not how many mls. If that makes sense! So if you've had 4 coffees, by the skimmed/semi skimmed milk (per tea/coffee) put 4.

Make sense?

oh my goodness hun, that is amazing!!!!!
Well done and thank you loads! keeping it for when i EVENTUALLY get to move up plans...let me know if you ever add/change anything so i can pinch it! lol
xxx

Back