Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

Glad to share the chickpea dahl love! :D

Its always good to have recommendations from others, especially since its something many people might have missed or not heard of otherwise! syn free indian is knowledge that must be shared!

also must say it is lovely on top of a baked potato if you don't fancy rice and wholemeal pitta with it, i tend to have it with rice if at home or a baked potato at work.

Hope anyone who tries it now likes it!

X

Hi guys first post and first tip

I allso love chickpea dahl and could just eat it out of the tin. What i allso do with it is mash it up add a bit of water to thin it out a bit and its a syn free curry sauce for all over my slimming world chips. Mmmmmm very nice!

This is a great tip, thanks. I love chick peas and I love dhal. What's not to like.

I think it'd be great with the Veetee basmati rice too :cool:

Hi guys

Found this recipe on the site and have posted it here, incase you fancy trying it, i am going to give it ago

Chickpea Dahl Loaf

1 tin chickpea dahl( check it's a syn free brand )
1 pk batchelors mild curry savoury rice
4 eggs

Make up rice as directed.
Add chick pea dahl and the beaten eggs.
Mix well and pour into a lined loaf tin.
Cook for about 25 mins at 180'c, gas 5

Free on Green days or extra easy.

carla xx

I managed to get the last tin in my asda last week after trying every time i have been for the last month...and mmmmmmmm it was yummy had it last night with sw chips...now need to hope they have plenty when I go later today so I can stock up!!

I have been to 3 asdas near me and I cannot find it anywhere, then when I asked a member of staff who looked like he might know a lot about Dahl being of a certain origin he didnt have a clue about a tinned version.
Can you let me know exactlywhat its called/looks like so i can tr and track some down x

This is what a can of Asda chick pea dahl looks like for those of you that are looking for it.

0000021092534_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Yeh mine always has loads too! :)

yeh its a pretty small section it took me a while to find it the first time i bought it - as people say its with the tinned "meals" lol such as tinned chilli and chicken curry and such like.

Hope those who found it liked it! That chickpea and rice loaf thing sounds interesting anyone tried it?

X

Chickpea dahl

It can't honestly be free on green. It's far too yummy!!
Anyone know how you could make this yourself??

It was in an aisle labelled tinned fish in my asda! - to be fair it had all the tinned curries etc., in the same aisle.

Back