Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

LOve this I have half a tin in a roasted pepper with hea of cheese on top. They serve nearly exactly the same in our local indian takeaway.

ohh foodjunkie10 I didn't think of putting chicken in it!! I tend to always save it for green days but now with all the ideas on here I'll have it this week and still be able to stick to EE
Thanks guys!!

I had Asda chick pea dahl last night with a jacket spud and a lovely salad with a desert spoon of mayo.

delicious.

and the only syns were for the mayo.

this is lovely :D

Chickpea Dahl Loaf

1 tin chickpea dahl( check it's a syn free brand )
1 pk batchelors mild curry savoury rice
4 eggs

Make up rice as directed.
Add chick pea dahl and the beaten eggs.
Mix well and pour into a lined loaf tin.
Cook for about 25 mins at 180'c, gas 5

Free on Green days or extra easy.:flirt2:

I cannot find this anywhere! Can anyone who lives in London tell me which Asda they go to? Or am I looking in the wrong aisle for this? I usually go to the aisle where there are like tinned beans, tinned chicken curries etc, is this correct? I want it so bad! Lol x

laurawalker85 - You are looking in the right aisle, I get mine from the Roehampton store, not sure if that is anywhere near you. Might be worth trying an online order and see if it is listed as available.

I love chick pea dhal it is lovely i have it with nearly everything and its brill cos its free

Asda Chickpea Dhal - unbelievable!

Went to my local Asda today to pick some tins of this up only to find they have discontinued it there!! Tomorrow I need to drive 12 miles to get some - unbelievalbe!! Now thats dedication to SW! LOL

Ooh Lydia, I feel for you. I think it's lush too and I hope my Asda doesn't discontinue it. However, I also like the Morrisons 'Sundar' version - it's free too and I don't think there's much twixt them for flavour (Sundar might just be a tinsy bit spicier). :eek:

my cousins SW class is recommending mixing the dahl with finely cut up onions and grated potato?? - mix well and drop onto frylight sprayed metal oven tray and they come out like Onion Bhaji's (sp?) - I haven't tried because I very rarely do green days...............but they sound nice.

Someone want to give it a go and let us know what you think?

Went to my local Asda today to pick some tins of this up only to find they have discontinued it there!! Tomorrow I need to drive 12 miles to get some - unbelievalbe!! Now thats dedication to SW! LOL

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2: Oh I seriously hope they don't discontinue it !! I'll be gutted - absolutly love it!!!

tried this for the first time the other day.......GORGEOUS!!!!! will def be having again.

it reminds me of when i did SW years and years ago and macoroni cheese in a tin was free so everyone indulged on this.
x

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2: Oh I seriously hope they don't discontinue it !! I'll be gutted - absolutly love it!!!

it got worse, the Asda 12 miles away didn't do it either! So went to another one, ended up doing a 35 mile round journey - picked up 6 tins to keep me going!:cool:

i stopped my husband waffling my last tin last night. he was feeling a bit peckish so he was going to have a jacket spud with my chickpea dahl. i soon told him :)

Ooh Lydia, I feel for you. I think it's lush too and I hope my Asda doesn't discontinue it. However, I also like the Morrisons 'Sundar' version - it's free too and I don't think there's much twixt them for flavour (Sundar might just be a tinsy bit spicier). :eek:

I felt I was missing out as we don't have an Asda. Got 3 tins of Sundar from Morrisons now. Thanks for the info :D x

Back