asda meat free meatballs

Pickled red cabbage is the one to use.
Also some people (not us on SW:eek:) have a chunk of white crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Are you making it vegetarian for everyone - the reason I ask is that I could give you the recipe for meat eaters.
Irene

hmmm was going to use the meatfree beef so i could enjoy plenty potatos however my husband would prefer the meat one as hes not keen on the whole meat subsitute thing so would appreciate the meat eaters recipe please......the chunk of bread is sounding good though i cannot wait to try it ummmm n pickled cabbage delicious i love that stuff xx

Morning
Sorry didn't post recipe last night - bed was calling.
Traditionally use stewing steak but I use braising when I make it for hubby. Some people cook meat the night before for about 45 mins and the following day skim off any fat:( Add a beef oxo, carrots and onion and simmer forr approx 30 mins then add the spuds and simmer until cooked just make sure that the spuds don't 'fall' some people prefer it with the juices other don't - eldest son always hopes there is some left for the following day when it goes thick.
Let me know how it goes.
Irene:D

Back