Asparagus

I just quickly boil asparagus, it is my favourite veggie in the whole world! However I have not been having any veg with my packs, I will start that next week.

steam it for about 5 mins till it is tender and still bright green, a fork should go through it easily. Love asparagus :)

May sound silly, but what does asparagus taste like? I imagine it similar to tenderstem brocoli!

Don't think it tastes like broccoli moosh. Not quite sure how to describe it. I usually buy the frozen ones for convenience and then microwave them for a couple of minutes. Not as good as fresh in my opinion but only the very freshest taste decent - the older ones can be a bit woody.

Thanks BG, I hate trying new things and am incredibly fussy so I worry about wasting money! Stupid of me really, I need to live more I think!

Go on moosh, push the boat out and taste all those approved veggies you've never had :)

Lets see-

never tried- Asparagus, Fennel, Gherkins (except in maccy ds!) Green Peppers, Shallots, Spinach, Yellow Peppers.

I really like- Lettuce, Broccoli, Celery, Cucumber, Rocket Salad, White Cabbage

Truly hate- Leeks, Mushrooms, Swede,

Don't care for- Spring Onions, Watercress

So may take a while to get through them! Plus I heard there was a revised list with cauliflower on? If so, well I love that too!

MiniMoosh said:
Plus I heard there was a revised list with cauliflower on? If so, well I love that too!

That was from me. I emailed the other day about something else and while I was at it asked about cauliflower. Rob said they were revising the veggie list and cauliflower would be on it.

Asparagus makes your pee smell lol i remember first time we had it i thought i had a bladder infection till i checked on the trusty old internet that weird smelling pee is normal but not everyone has it or can smell it......oood bit like ketosis mouth then.

I am so tempted to buy gherkins and crunch the lot just for the pickiliness

I don't see why we arent allowed red peppers also as carb wise they are the same as green?

gherkins are fab for putting in your salads, nice and sharp and briney so you don't miss salad dressing! just need to check they are not the ones is sugar, I get mine from the polish section in the fridge in a plastic pouch. mmmm!

ooh, cauliflower mash back on the menu then!

Back