Asthma

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by yappy, 25 September 2008 Social URL.

1. yappy

yappy Full Member

Well, I dunno if it's a bizarre coincidence or if it's cos I'm allergic to some foods but since I started SS I haven't had my asthma induced coughing fits!! I normally have bad coughing fits on an evening then throughout the night, but I haven't had them at all since I started this diet :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    Now that you say that, I have not had the asthma symptoms or allergey symptoms like I usually do in the month of September. I didn't think about that it might be because of the program. hum I am so loving this.
    edi

4. yappy

yappy Full Member

It's really strange. When I start eating again I'm going to keep a food diary so I can monitor if it is a certain type of food that aggravates it. Woohoo, thank you cambridge :D

5. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    I'm going to do the same thing Sarah, keep a food diary. I am feeling so good these days. I did have a little trouble getting to sleep and sleep through the night but that cleared up after a week or so.
    edi

6. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

If my mum drinks diet coke it triggers her asthma

7. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Mine can be quite bad and I've been a bit better.

8. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    it may be something like the Juddd effect (the johnson up day down day diet), http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/
    where you have 1500-2000 cals one day and alternate with 500, there have been studies that show that the sudden reduction in cals shocks the body and gets it to produce good chemicals that seem to have a good effect on asthma and other inflamatory illnesses like rheumatism.

I have wondered if the ketosis were in has the same effect. I know some people who have lost their weight on vlcd are juddding to maintain.

Last edited: 27 September 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.