At breaking point- it's just not working well enough

frankied

Silver Member
Only 0.5lbs off again, I've been in tears. I've tried so hard not one slip up in 5 weeks, at this rate it will take me 4 years to loose all the weight. Right now it doesn't feel worth continuing for 0.5lbs a week with all the stress and upset it's causing. I have showed my consultant my food diaries and she can't find anything I'm doing wrong either, she clearly felt sorry for me even suggested maybe I have a medical problem like a food allergy but that's clutching at straws it's just not happening. I don't know what to do, whether I should call it a day. I can't stop crying, I'm sorry this post is so demotivating. :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Sorry to hear you're so sad Frankied. It's horrible when the weight loss slows down. Have you thought about posting a food diary on here for members to have a look at? Realistically we can only expect to lose 1-2lbs a week and on the bright side you have lost 9.5lbs in 5 weeks so bang on target. Are you doing red/green or EE? Some plans suit people more than others. Are you drinking plenty of water? Eating a third superfree? Snacking on superfree only? These are all things to think about. Chin up chuck and don't give up. Hang on in there - there are things you can try before you throw the towel in!

Post your diary on here and let us all have a look at what your eating.

Its a horrible feeling knowing you are putting in 100% and not getting results. Let see if we can help you! :eek:

please dont give up i know the small loss weeks are hard and they are sent to test us! It wouldnt be worth doing if its not hard and imagine how much better you will feel when you get to target. AND if you average you losses over the 5 weeks its 2lb a week which is recommended amount to lose weight each week. slowly but surely will keep it off. and at 2lb a week you will be at your target in roughly a year but dont let that put your off work in mini targets join some of the challenges on here like the easter challenge and concentrate on them rather than target. if you havent already try working towards your bronze body magic as anything that gets you moving is classed as exercise (inc housework) and exercise boosts your weightloss

Bless you i'm so so sorry its not working for you i'm sure if your consultant is at a loss as well then i'm sure anything i say will be irrelevant dont want to offend anyone else on here as sw does work for many of us but obviously not everyone its a case of looking around and finding one that does i.e maybe look on minimins to see if another plan takes your fancy x good luck with what you choose to do

Post your diary on here and let us all have a look at what your eating.

Its a horrible feeling knowing you are putting in 100% and not getting results. Let see if we can help you! :eek:

My consultant has already looked and can't see anything. I am eating 1/3 superfree, I am eating enough and not too much, I am drinking enough, I am eating my syns but not going over. I don't understand the weight should be coming off nicely esp. because of how overweight I am but this is my third 0.5lbs in 5 weeks.

Do you do Extra Easy?? If you are it might be worth trying out a Red day? :confused:

i find i lose quicker with red days! EE for me are slowly but surely weighloss weeks but more convinient for me.
i agree though a few red days may give some bigger losses and boost your confidence in the plan

frankied said:
My consultant has already looked and can't see anything. I am eating 1/3 superfree, I am eating enough and not too much, I am drinking enough, I am eating my syns but not going over. I don't understand the weight should be coming off nicely esp. because of how overweight I am but this is my third 0.5lbs in 5 weeks.

I am so sorry to hear that frankied, my Mum has had exactly the same problem with sw and also with ww. She did later discover that she's got a mild intolerance to wheat and that whong helping. She has devised her own plan now (excluding wheat but just base on healthy eating principles) and is losing a steady 2lb a week.

I used to feel so sad seeing her week in week out looking really tearful after she didn't get the losses when she stuck to plan to the letter. As others have said the recommended healthy weight loss is an average of 1-2 a week and your average is around that but I totally understand your frustration at not losing more. Maybe give it to the end of March to see if you have a big loss and then look at switching if not? If your body is not used to losing weight it may just be hanging on to it and you could be building up to a bigger loss so maybe it's worth sticking it out a little longer and maybe having a visit to your gp in the meantime to ask about food intolerances.

I feel so sad for you and I'm really sorry, there's nothing worse than setting your mind to lose and working hard and then not seeing the results - you will get them eventually even if it's not on this plan x x

Can I just say that I have been 100% on plan for three years, and I lose an average of one pound...per MONTH! I'd kill for an average of half a pound a week :) So I can truly empathise with you.

I have come to terms with my slooowww losses now, and just aim to finish each month lighter than I started (which doesn't always happen). It may help you to not think 'this is gonna take me four years', but to think of the alternative - if you don't carry on, just how sad are you going to be with your weight in four years time? Better off than on, and I don't say that glibly xxx

Another slow loser here, I average half a pound a week and am very proud to, its all coming off and I'm so happy with the 2 stone I've lost so far.

Any loss is a good loss! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Easy to see why you are so disheartened... but you are still losing. You haven't stayed the same or put on - so that's great.

I've only been doing this for four weeks and I've lost 8lbs... i'm chuffed to be honest. I lost half a pound last night and of course it would have been nicer to lose a pound. But then we are never satisified with our losses - we always just want that little bit more.

Stick with it lovely.

Lx

Hey Frankie mate. Sorry to hear your weight loss isnt what you hoped for. Are you doing EE? I find I have slow losses on EE. Why dont you try switching to red and green days for a bit to shake your motabilism up a bit. Hugs xx

I struggle sometimes struggle for ideas on extra easy, I don't think I could manage red or green constantly stuck for what to eat.

You've lost 10lbs in 5 weeks!!!!!! I've only lost 7lb! You're doing great, you're not putting on and you're not staying the same!

What is your excercise like??

How do you feel within yourself?? I stayed the same not last WI but the WI before and I was disappointed but when i thought about it I felt GREAT! I feel healthier, my hair is gleaming and my trousers feel loose!

Keep on at it, you may find you have a big loss next week. Chin up chick!!

I think you should stick with it - sometimes for whatever reason your weight sticks, then you could lose a LOT the next week.

Is it your time of the month? do you wear the same clothes? did you eat the same on each weigh day? did you 'go' to the loo enough?

I hope you persevere, as you have lost a lot of weight in 5 weeks. Dont give up.

x

Is it your time of the month? do you wear the same clothes? did you eat the same on each weigh day? did you 'go' to the loo enough?

I hope you persevere, as you have lost a lot of weight in 5 weeks.

x

It's not my time of month (which never really affects my weight), I wear very similar clothes, eat the same before weigh in and always go to the toilet.

I have lost weight but the main part of it was in my first week which is always going to be best after that I've had 3 0.5lbs and one 2.5 which isn't a lot considering I started a 18 stone. I'm really worried as I'm not loosing enough to reach club 10 (in 12 weeks)and therefore the amount the nurse at surgery expected me to in order to get more free vouchers.

my halfpence worth

I've been shoving god knows what into my body since mid 2007, and its paid me back with a steady increase in weight, which did not always reflect immediately what I had eaten. There were several plateaus where I would stay for 6 months before suddenly gaining a few more kilos.

I can't expect my body now that I'm being nice to it to play along to order, I think it'll take a bit of time to trust what I'm feeding it before it starts behaving, and I can expect the plateaus again on the way down (happened to me before when low-carbing).

This is me and my body though, I'm sure yours is different, but it's probably appreciating the healthy fresh food you've given it for the past 5 weeks!

Keep at it, you know you are worth it!

I know your consultant has looked at your diary but please post it here. Can you put quantities of foods on it as well because I can't help but wonder if you are eating enough. As a larger person your body needs more calories just to do normal everyday functions than an average sized person. So your lower calorie limit will also be higher.

Can I also ask what you are doing exercise-wise?

You know what I could try and suggest reasons but I'm not going to........... what I am going to do is sympathise because to be honest if I had as much as you to lose and it was coming off that slowly I'd feel exactly the same hun :(

Back