At breaking point- it's just not working well enough

:hug99:Hi Becca, well chuck all I can say is that you have lost more than me in 5 weeks. I have lost 8lb small fry compared to a lot of people, but it is going the right way. Your c may have a "fat pack" to show you how much weight you have lost, you will be surprised what it looks like and how much it weighs. Keep going, next week you may well find that you lose a lot again, good luck and chin up

Well done Frankied keep at it we're all here to support you.

Thanks Becca i didnt realise my stats still said ww i did that last year sometime.

Don't be down............you are still losing!Yes I agree that maybe a Full Blood Count would be a good idea to check for underactive Thyroid.But dont give up.You will lose.Keep a food diary and post it so we can see what you are doing.
Good luck

that's all the same thing.. carbs... or as the poster below you put it, "white carbs"..

if I have bread, pasta or rice, I have bad losses

Does it really affect it that much?

I do green and eat a lot of potatoes, pasta, rice and bread and I've been having great losses.

I feel everyone is different and what works for one, won't work for another. It's really down to you to work out what works best for you.

A process of elimination is a great way to start. It might take a while to find your best plan but don't give up. Try red, try green, try cutting down on white carbs, try fish, try portion control, try not snacking between meals, try a bigger breakfast/smaller dinner...

You could even try finding someone doing the same program as you and look through a food diary week when they've had a good loss, see if eating the same kinds of things gives you a good loss too...

Just don't give up...you're 9.5lbs lighter now. Not as much as you would like...but think about it, if you hadn't have done those weeks you could be 9.5lbs heavier by now.

carrie58 said:
Don't be down............you are still losing!Yes I agree that maybe a Full Blood Count would be a good idea to check for underactive Thyroid.But dont give up.You will lose.Keep a food diary and post it so we can see what you are doing.
Good luck

Actually you need to check your TSH level in order to look at thyroid function. But a full blood count is always good to check. Maybe also get a ferritin test to make sure your iron levels are ok as low levels will make you feel knackered.

Well you sound as if you know what youre talking about shardi! Very impressive lol, perhaps I need one of these tests but yes I think 9.5lbs is quite a good loss in 5 weeks, I would be made up with that. Keep on going becca, you will get there.

your losses so far are fab, afterall they are losses :)
don't give up, i am losing at an extremely steady rate now and occasionally i am disheartened but then i think back to my weight when i started and how far away from my goal i was, i don't wanna be back there and i'm sure you don't either. keep up the good work, you'll see results, it just takes time xxx

Your c may have a "fat pack" to show you how much weight you have lost, you will be surprised what it looks like and how much it weighs.

This is a good idea - they really put into perspective how heavy 1lb actually is. Always reminds me that 1lb is alot! The other thing my OH does sometimes is fills up a shopping basket with 1lb bags of sugar to remind me how much I've lost recently if I feel I've been having a bad week - again makes you realise how heavy 1lb actually is and puts it back into perspective.

Hi there!! Sorry to hear you aren't losing at the rate you would like!

I know this isn't strictly slimming worlds ways buy it's not breaking the plan at all do can I suggest a few things n please just try them all for one week n see if it helps

1) drink at least 2 litres of water per day drink more if exercising or eating salty food 3 litres would be great

2) all fruit is free right so get onto the grapefruit wagon! 1 grapefruit per day don't have to be all together u can put yoghurt on if if u don't like the taste I personally prefer red ones they are really good for speeding metabolism

3) green tea (decaf if poss but either way is fine) any flavour but plenty of green tea n it's so good for you!! N speeds your metabolism again...,,

4) get rid of the salt reduce your salt intake if at all possible to get rid of water retention

5)healthy extra bs I know we got to gave them but ditch the bread have an alternative to prevent the bloat..... I hate this one I hate to go all week without bread!

6) multivitamin tablets this is optional I know some people don't like em but I think a general boost in vitamins etc can help kick your body up the bum personally I am just using vitamin c with iron

7) make sure you get atleast 8 hours sleep per night and reduce as much stress as poss

8) mix the plans up a bit personally I think you need some red days I prefer two days before weigh in to be carb free or low carb atleast

Hope that little lot doesn't seem patronising hope you give it a shot please let us know how u get on

I am already on medication for thyroid, his checking it again but we don't think that's the problem. I do need to start iron tablets too as I'm quite anaemic his included it in another lot of blood tests.

I feel abit silly but I have looked over my dairies for week one and have noticed a possible problem :eek: In week one I did a fair amount of exercise (for me) averaging about 30minutes everyday, but since have done a very significant amount less. I feel very silly:eek: but this could have had big effort!? I never thought about it before as most people have told me it makes little difference to thier losses for them but I don't work due to very poor mental health so normally have very little or no exercise. If it is the reason I feel so stupid:eek: (Now have really increased the exercise)

Do you watch The Biggest Loser on a Monday night? One week (about 3 or 4 weeks in) most of them has a STS! And they were at a boot camp!! So don't feel too bad!!

Good luck with your exercise I'm sure it'll help with your weight loss and tone you up! xx

Great you've possibly found the answer yay, and exercise is great for our mental wellbeing x Also please grab a pack of lard next time your in the supermarket- that's half a pound and you've lost it!! Yay sometimes I take an empty trolly and fill it up with packs to show how much I've lost in total - sure helps my motivation Hun xxx

thats a great idea about the lard, something really tangible to keep us heading in the right direction, it can be hard to see how far we've come on a day when we're feeling down.

People have given you so much fantastic advice on this thread so I can't really add much to what's already been said!! All I can do is speak from experience and urge you to read other peoples' success stories! Spend some time browzing here and you will come accross some inspiring stuff! Sometimes it seems that everyone else is losing weight at breakneck speed but this isn't the case!! There are loads of people who are taking it slowly, myself for one, and in my opinion it's not a case of how much weight we can lose in how little time!! It's so much more about changing our habits long-term and NOT judging progress based on individual weeks!! To have lost basically 10lb in 5 weeks is incredible! I've lost 60lb in 70 weeks! Your average is much higher than mine!! I'm not one to compare myself to others- that is a grave mistake to make!! I'm simply making the point that it's how long you're willing to keep at it that makes you successful!! Please don't lose heart!! Try scouring magazines, cookbooks, Minimins recipe section and other peoples' food diaries for inspiration! Focus on all the yummy things you CAN eat and not what you CAN'T eat! Also keep it varied! You WILL get there, you just have to keep going through thick and thin and see it as a positive thing! It's not all about the numbers either, the changes you'll feel in your body, health and energy levels will be worth the commitment!!XXX

Well said Heather!

Back