At what weight did you start exercising?

I've always done exercise whether I've been 11st or 13st. There's always something you can do at any weight, just make sure you're comfortable & not out of breath straight away, you don't want to do more harm than good.

Im in my second week and i dont exercise as such.. no gym or anything but ive started taking my dog for two walks a day instead of one :)

It's not easy to get into exercise but the best part is once you are in the zone, there is no going back. Even that 5 min you did, that was plenty because you did something. You got up and put on your workout clothes and your trainers. Trust me, even that can be hard sometimes. 5 mins is fine, just say to yourself, i'm gonna try again tomorrow and aim to do 7 mins. Within a week, you will find yourself doing the whole 20 mins. :)

I think this is a good idea! I'm going to try this tomorrow. I like how you've written the days down and then you colour each one green as you go! Once I can do the full workout I'll start doing that too!

Hey jodidi - if it helps, I was exactly the same as you and now have quite a gym addiction.

I used to not want to leave the house some days as I just felt people were staring at me and the thought of exercising was horrendous. No one needs to see me sweating and on the verge of collapse. But tiny tiny steps will change it hun. I started doing stuff indoors - pilates and using the wii fit. It's amazing how much you can up your fitness level just with things inside. And the best thing - no one can see you! I also went for walks, just dressed normally but I would time myself and say I'm gonna do it 30 seconds faster each time. And exercise does change how you feel too. I took the step of joining the gym after doing that for a few months and now 8 months later I'm still overweight (didn't start SW at the same time!) but I'm actually in the top 3 fittest probably in my classes. And that's an amazing feeling.

Definitely give it a go hun. Like maggie said, tiny steps all add up. Good luck x

Maggie_Sak said:
It's a work out video from Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser USA). It has a dedicated thread on here, check it out http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/244732-30-day-shred.html. You only have to work out for about 20min a day or if you can hack it, you can do all 3 levels together but trust me 1 level at a time is plenty, at least for the first few days, coz it kills :eek:. You see results really quickly, maybe not so much on the scales but there is a lot of inch loss and massive improvement in your fitness level at the end of the 30 days. Amazon.co.uk sell it in case you are interested. :)

Hells teeth it sounds awful! I just dog walk. I've got Zumba wii untouched on my shelf...it's been there since the 2nd week of Jan! S'pose I could maybe open it... Perhaps have a go at the 10 mins Pilates one that's still in cellophane too. Dammit I know I'm going to have to try this hideous shred thing. Just to say I've tried too! I'm so hopeless at sportsy stuff.

Reading about Tabata training tonight, so whatever activity you're doing you do 20 seconds flat out, then rest for 10seconds for 8 rounds (20 mins) apparently works better than aerobic and anaerobic exercise!

So if your exercise is walkling you walk a fast as you can for 20 secs stop and rest for 10.
Or vacuuming or washing windows!
Mind it does say to use big muscle groups, so Squats, sit ups etc

I've done it with kettlebells but can manage 5 rounds only!

I try and do at least 3 things a week-but mainly because they suggest thats the healthy amount of exercise to do and i wanna be toned aswell as slim! Start slow and build up xx

Hells teeth it sounds awful! I just dog walk. I've got Zumba wii untouched on my shelf...it's been there since the 2nd week of Jan! S'pose I could maybe open it... Perhaps have a go at the 10 mins Pilates one that's still in cellophane too. Dammit I know I'm going to have to try this hideous shred thing. Just to say I've tried too! I'm so hopeless at sportsy stuff.

:D you cracked me up. It really is tough, no matter what your fitness level is, you feel it. Weird thing is it's only 20min but so much goes on, you feel like you have done an hour. You only have to look at the American amazon.com to know just how popular it is, and some comments are absolutely hilarious :D. If you can, it's worth trying out ;).

Back