Atkins bars- FAO moonlights or anyone else who may know...

FatGirlSlim85

Upon reading that post about Atkins bars having more carbs in than they make out on the packet, i just need to know if we find out the actual carb amount on the back of the packet where it just says 'carbohydrates per bar'? the front of the pack says 3.1g net carbs and the back says 11.6g total carbs. Is this what i would go by? or is there even more hidden carbs?! I bought a box of them and would like to finish the box as they were expensive and taste pretty good, so if the total carbs is 11.6 then i will include that in my daily 20g allowance.

Thanks xx

Yes total carbs is total carbs. But the point is to spread the 20g carbs out not use half in one go :eek: also should be getting 12-15g from veg not artificial sweets. Bars can give insulin spike, kick u out of ketosis, cause cravings, stall you.

I strongly recommend:
Avoid but have in cupboard for emergencies & dinners out only - when go out of date chuck any left & congratulate yourself:)
Only have once per week as treat post weigh in with a loss
Have half bar twice a week to keep you sane etc

I'm sure you can up with a strategy that works for you

My best new habit with atkins was really persuading myself that i was not a wastebin and that it was better value to put some stuff in bin (ie DDs left over pasta or pizza) than my body. A healthy body is cheaper to look after:)

Thanks Katie, understood. I am soooo disappointed as I've been relying on the bars a lot. They kept me going for hours! At least I've still got my pork scratchings, if anyone took those off me I wouldn't be able to cope haha xx

Back