hello i am currently doing low carbs

i want to go on to atkins

is this daily menu ok

breakfast 3 boiled eggs or 4 rashes bacon

snack almonds

lunch tuna mayo and lettece salad

snack half chicken breast with celeary

omlette with cheese or chicken and little bit of brocolli or fish and brocolli

can someone give me a daily recipie i can stick to for a week and i know i will loose a few ibs

i drink 2-3 litres of water a day and coke zero or diet coke

i want to get into ketosis too

im laying off the fruit ( which is so hard as i rather fruit than a chocolate or crisps)

do you have to weigh everything like the mayo tuna etc

thanks

Jessie

Hi and welcome.
You will need to have more fat than you appear to be having. Good butter, olive oil, coconut oil etc. Full fat mayo is good.
On induction you need to have no more than 20g carb a day but not much less either. You also need to keep your calories up. You actually do need to eat quite well on Atkins.
Great to have you with us. Post often and get to know us all. :)

thanks leanne its so nice for the support

i cannot look at the fitness pal on my computer work have bl,ocked it for some reason

im worried i am gonna put on weight with the fats

is any amount of mayo ok

like can i have that in two meals

like tuna and mayo

and chicken mayo and cheese ok ?

i love coconut oil it has so many benifits i have soooo much energy using it i stir some in my pepermint tea and it gives me so much energy and u cant even taste it

olive oil can u use any amount

and how many calories can you have

j
x

No nuts during Induction, unfortunately! And cheese and cream etc need to be limited. No more than 4oz of cheese daily, and no more than 2 tablespoonsful of cream. Some of us find that we can't have even that much as cheese stalls a lot of people, but only time will tell whether or not it might be a problem for you.

Keep your portions moderate. If you are hungry, eat, but don't gorge. Have 20g carbs per day in total and make sure 15g of these carbs comes from green leafy vegetables.

Don't go mad on the Coke Zero, either, as it can cause cravings. Drink water, black coffee or tea (or add a bit of cream from your daily allowance) or perhaps peppermint tea.

Good luck!

thanks for this i having way too much cheese then
i signed up to the fitness pal i need to change it to 20g carbs how do i do this

i need to look at some menus this looks really hard to follow

j

I have found that I can eat well, however, went a bit dizzy today after a run. I'm still on the induction phase but on looking on the forum I have found a few more things I can eat :)...it's just a case of finding things

dandy i agree- about finding things
i am finding this really hard

i used that fitness pal to track my intake and im finding im having way too much protein im trying to find balance its hard

i thought hte weight would fly off me ITS NOT !! i been doing this for about 3 weeks now

i just dont get it

xx

hi ya leanne

i will do that work have blocked it and my blackberry is a c**apberry
i cant download anything grrrrr

im bascially having

breakfast 2-3 boiled eggs
coconut oil in my pepermint tea

then chicken lettece 20g mayo and 40g cheese l

then snack chicken breast and celery

tuna and mayo and onion on spinich leaves one handful
or i have omlette and cheese and a 40g brocolli or cauli

could you set me a weeks menu i could stick too and see if that works
how much have you lost in total and how long have u been doing this

i must admit i have no sugar cravings i havent fancied anything sweet im not tired and i have some energy back

i ordered a blood glucose monitor to check my levels if im under 5.6 in in ketosis

i need it to come now
im not feeling any weight off or seeing any improbment on the scales

xxxx

My wife sort of had the same problem. She wanted to lose just a stone, she followed the Atkins down to the last letter, however it seemed her body stalled...she lost 4kg in 8 wks.

She then went on the GI diet and lost the rest....and I've read about other people that it's not been as successful as they hoped.

Touch wood, I'm going ok at the moment !

Back