Atkins i'm back

Still going strong,last week i was thinking about all the foods that i can start adding back in after induction but i dont think i will bother dont really miss them now.Might even continue with induction because i feel that if i start adding things back in that i will start to crave bad foods agian and end up back where i started,had a sneaky peak at the scale this morning and i am allready 4lbs down so cant wait to see how much i have lost on wednesday.Lucyxx

Well done honey.. what kind of stuff do you eat on atkins.. its always been a diet which i dont know much about.. but sounds very interesting..
Bet you cnt wait for wednesday..
Cat x x x

Thanks DQ

Well done honey.. what kind of stuff do you eat on atkins.. its always been a diet which i dont know much about.. but sounds very interesting..
Bet you cnt wait for wednesday..
Cat x x x

Thanks Kitteh,I try to eat a lot of different foods so i dont get bored,I eat a lot of chicken,eggs,tuna,bacon,sausage,cheese i have salad vegg with my lunch and some good carb vegg in the eveing say some broccoli or somthing like that.I have cream in my coffee instead of milk.Lucyxx

STBG, I know we've got off to a bad start, but I have a question for you. May I ask why you stopped doing the Atkins diet if it was working for you? Cheers, Nige.

STBG - I was wondering the same thing. You've done brilliantly on CD by losing 8 stones and only have nearly 3 stones to go (which won't take you long Speedy Gonzales). :D

What made you change to CD though if you had successfully used Atkins for 3 years? Did you just get fed up with the sort of food you could eat on it or did you come off Atkins and put weight back on and just fancy a different method this time?

I must admit I tried and really liked the Atkins diet but couldn't do it properly as I don't like fat so I was trying to do a low-fat version of it which kind of defeats the object really. My OH lost weight on it very quickly but I didn't lose much - but enjoyed eating meat and cheese and eggs.

Hi, Well done!! I found that Atkins was the only thing that stopped my weight rocketing up a few years ago. I used CD to lose my weight though because I needed a break from food.

Now if I go up I do 800 cals and 20-60g carb a day and keep my protein high and lose at 3lbs a week which suits me fine and I don't usually need to do it for more than a week or two at a time.

The rest of the time I just avoid bread, potatoes and rice and pasta. I use lc subs if I want but to be honest I'm so used to it that I rarely think about it as it's just normal for me.

If you can stay on it then induction is the best for weight loss.

Fantastic! well done Lucy!! Atkins is obviously the plan for you! Keep it up! Vxx

Lucy - BTW - changed my username - was Akersv....in case you recognised the targets etc and wondered..... :)

Urgh! Not good - heads all over the place! Trying to get to grips with SW - fed up with shakes now :)

Morning,well i am feeling really guilty this morning :eek:.I took the weekend off the diet:break_diet: as we were out and about for most of it.I didnt go mad but i did eat bread and mash 2 big no nos:whoopass:.So it back to the start of induction for me.Just hope i havent done too much damage.Lucyxx
Best of luck :) Well done for keeping on top of it :clap:

Hi can someone please explain the "induction" for me what do you have to do?
thanks xxx

Hi,the induction part of Atkins is done for the first 2 weeks.Its the hardest part but is really worth it.You only eat 20 grams of carbs a day,no bread,rice,pasta,suger,potatoes no coffee,milk.you only eat meat some cheese a few salad veg and maybe some low carb veg,you can have cream but not milk,butter but not marg.If you are interested i suggest you get the book it explains everything you need to know.lucyxx

A lot of the low carb success for me was in understanding why it worked, once I understood insulin resistance and weight, the years of eating at 1500 cals and not losing weight made sense to me - well above my carb level for losing at the time. Atkins and CD are the only things that worked for me, but I do think that's about understanding your body and triggers and finding what works. CD gave me a break from food and Atkins suits my body chemistry.

BTW I sound calm and it seems logical now, but it is hard work to do and having the books and a good understanding will help you win through to where you want to be.

You back on track now Lucy? Sorry to hear your weekend led you a tad astray, but well done on it being just a weekend and grabbing it back straight away :cool:

Back