Atkins: The Diet I Never Thought I'd Try

You'll get there, it's not a race :) x

You're right. I'd like to be at goal by my birthday, but I know it really doesn't matter that much.

I think I need to stop eating peanut butter. I've been overdoing it lately. In fact I need to be stricter in general for at least a while because I'm feeling hungrier than I did before and I'm craving off limits things. Maybe I'm not quite in ketosis yet after all. I bought a bunch of groceries today and I'm going to try to eat very low carb for two or three days just to make sure I'm on track.

I've planned out tomorrow's food on MFP. Since I don't seem to be making the best choices lately maybe the trick is to take my choice away! Now I need to get my act together and work out...

My Da Vinci syrups should be here next week, and tonight I bought some diet Soda Stream flavours to have in carbonated water or smoothies. Hopefully that gives me the variety I've been craving.

Had a good day today - stayed on track with the eating, drank lots of water and got a workout in. Now if everyday was like today...

I didn't track my food on MFP today because I was lazy and didn't feel like it. But I think I did okay, aside from eating quite a lot of cheese. I fried tuna patties and they were delicious - a good way to eat fish as I haven't been having much of it lately. I'm making a real effort to eat chicken, turkey and fish instead of less healthy things like bacon and burgers.

I started with this recipe I found on Reddit but then modified it a bit based on the ingredients I had: World cup low-carb feast - Imgur

Off the top of my head, I used canned tuna, a smaller can of spicy thai canned tuna, some shredded kale, onion, mayo, flax meal, dill, salt, pepper and egg and a ton of hot pepper flakes. The first time I had it on a bed of lettuce with cheese sprinkled on top. When I ate the leftovers I had a dollop of mayo with dill flakes on top and liked it even better.

I think I ate too many calories tonight thanks to getting into the peanut butter...yet again. It's almost run out and when it does I won't be buying more. I was never a big peanut butter eater before but lately I can't seem to get enough of it. I will try to go easier on the calories tomorrow!

Just for fun I took my measurements tonight and it was...interesting. I'd just finished drinking a huge peanut butter and almond milk smoothie so was understandably bloated in the tummy. I apparently lost an inch off my butt and gained in the waist and ribcage. Everything else is the same as three weeks ago. I don't quite know what to make of that so will measure again on a day when I haven't binged! The scale hasn't moved much at all lately but it's no wonder. Time to change that!!!

Oh and my Da Vinci syrups came today! I ordered ten - yes, TEN - different kinds in addition to the one I already had! So far I'm not crazy about butter rum flavour and very much like the German chocolate cake flavour. The caramel one also smells delicious though I haven't sampled it yet...gotta pace myself!

Oh well done - what other flavours did you order? it will take you a while to get through them :D

I like mine mixed in with a bit of cream cheese for an instant dessert.

Haha looks like you got really excited when you ordered! I've done that before :p

I did! If I spent more than $100 the shipping was free so I figured why not... :p

Oh well done - what other flavours did you order? it will take you a while to get through them :D

I like mine mixed in with a bit of cream cheese for an instant dessert.

Ohh I've never thought to have them like that! So far I've just done smoothies. I like them with avocado so they're nice and creamy, and usually I add some whipping cream too. Tonight I put some in plain Greek yogurt. (I know that's technically not allowed on induction but I seem to be just low carbing in general these days rather than sticking to Atkins specifically.)

I got:

Caramel
Cookie Dough
Butter Rum
Lime
Pineapple
German Chocolate Cake
White Chocolate
English Toffee
Butterscotch

I also got a low carb margarita mix I'm dying to try! I've been avoiding alcohol for months but Canada Day is coming up...I think that requires drinks and (lettuce-wrapped) hotdogs! :)

We're about to have a few days of 30+ degree weather here. I'm excited because the hot weather usually helps curb my appetite...when I don't hide away in the air conditioned house, that is. :p I think I may do a pseudo fast for the next three days. Maybe liquids only, or liquids and one small meal a day? As you can see I haven't quite worked out the details yet, but it seems like a good opportunity to shake things up. I feel a bit lost, like I may or may not be off track. (Not tracking in MFP for that extra reassurance really messes with my head.) It's been a while since I weighed in but I suspect I probably haven't lost weight...I just hope I haven't gained! I think a few days of mindful dieting will help me feel more in control and focused.

Sometimes a little change can help to get you back in focus - hope it helps, whatever you decide to do.

Oh and yum on the white chocolate, let me know what it's like!

Day one of my three day little mini-diet! Right now I'm sitting outside enjoying the lovely sun. It's a beautiful day!

So far I had coffee with cream at breakfast and have made a Da Vinci lime "slushie" for lunch. I prefer really strong flavours (must be why I love spicy food!) and I find when I stick to the suggested serving amounts for the syrup the drinks taste rather weak. I suppose I could solve that by making smaller drinks...

The cookie dough syrup is tasty, as is the caramel. The lime, which I was most excited about, is okay but in the future I will probably stick to real limes with some Splenda mixed in. Still glad I bought it though - you don't know if you don't try! Susie, I've yet to try the white chocolate but will let you know when I do!

Oooh the syrup creations sound exciting :)

Back