Atkins until xmas diary!

cheekychick81

Gold Member
Hi,

I've been hanging about for the last couple of weeks doing Atkins but had so many social thinks like my birthday I've managed to maintain rather than lose!

I was previously doing s&s and lost 32.5lbs in 7 weeks and will likely go back to that after Xmas but until then I'm aiming to lost 2lb per week to get another stone off for Xmas... I was 19.1.5 this morning and if I'm honest would like to see 17 something by Xmas but any lost is great!

Not a great start back today, been at the drs as been up all night in agony with abdo pain.. GP thinks it's acid so taking sugar free gaviscon... Not had anything to eat yet and am back in bed... So proper restart is likely to be tomorrow... :)

Welcome Cheeky, you should have a good loss on Atkins. Hope your tums better :)

Thank you :) been asleep all day... Just got up and having a glass of water.. So far feeling better...

Starting to feel a little bit better, just had some chicken and broccoli and Stilton soup and more gaviscon...

Does anyone know how much damage the gaviscon will do diet wise? It's boots own peppermint and sugar free... ??

Morning :)

Just braved 100g of total full fat yog and drinking a coffee with a dash of cream... Not sure if I am brave enough to try anything else just yet... Hoping it was all just a blip and I'll be fine today but not so convinced really... Worried that doing s&s then Atkins then having naughty weekends off and then back to Atkins has really upset my insides.... But also got a lot of weight still to lose and don't really have time to waste :-( will see what the day brings!

Great attitude. You did great in sns.

When I came off SnS for holiday I had horrendous tummy pains but it was accompanied by constipation.

Are you going to be logging all your food on this diary?

Great attitude. You did great in sns. When I came off SnS for holiday I had horrendous tummy pains but it was accompanied by constipation. Are you going to be logging all your food on this diary?

Hi,

Thank you ;-) yeah I will try to although I doubt it will be very exciting for the next couple of days until my tummy settles...

Are you thinking about Atkins too? Or just passing by?

I'm currently on sns but long term I think I need to look at low carb such as Atkins so probably come March next year I'll be starting on it. Maybe sooner if I feel the need. X

I'm currently on sns but long term I think I need to look at low carb such as Atkins so probably come March next year I'll be starting on it. Maybe sooner if I feel the need. X

I think I'll probably back to s&s after Xmas.... :)

So I just had about 250g of lamb mince... Waiting to see how my tummy reacts to it... My insides feel very empty and I can feel even water going down :-(

I feel miserable... I hate being off work.., hoping that will have a better night and will go back tomorrow!

Meat and cheese are acidic, that may be bothering your tummy. Hope it's better today.

Thanks coffeelover... Think maybe it was a cheese overdose on sat night to blame when I think about it... Much better today... No pain so far...

In addition to my earlier food I've just had a bowl of homemade cauliflower, broccoli and Stilton soup and some sliced of chorizo...

Didn't take any gaviscon after lunch so not going to take any now and see how it goes... Not keen to take them even tho they say they are sugar free... I obviously will if I have to!

Starting to feel a little bit better, just had some chicken and broccoli and Stilton soup and more gaviscon... Does anyone know how much damage the gaviscon will do diet wise? It's boots own peppermint and sugar free... ??

Hi cheekychick. I suffered from heartburn and acid reflux when pregnant with both of my children. I hated hated hated those antacid tablets, I had to take so many of them. If you ask the pharmacist for ranitidine it'll cure it faster and for longer. It's just a tablet to swallow, no chewing, biting etc...

Well done on your massive loss so far!! Xx

Hi cheekychick. I suffered from heartburn and acid reflux when pregnant with both of my children. I hated hated hated those antacid tablets, I had to take so many of them. If you ask the pharmacist for ranitidine it'll cure it faster and for longer. It's just a tablet to swallow, no chewing, biting etc... Well done on your massive loss so far!! Xx

Thank you! I got some ranitidine today and am going to take done in a few mins after my mint tea... Are there any food that's you found made it worse? I have read that I should avoid meats, cheese, fatty stuff and mint tea??! Pretty much everything on Atkins...

I get it only when I eat greasy foods which I don't really eat any more (pastries, pies etc - I'm from Wigan!) or if I eat too much too fast.... Everyone's different I suppose xx

It'll work a treat ;-)

I get it only when I eat greasy foods which I don't really eat any more (pastries, pies etc - I'm from Wigan!) or if I eat too much too fast.... Everyone's different I suppose xx It'll work a treat ;-)

Thanks... I'll keep my fingers crossed it works for me too :)

Morning :)

Decided I'm going back to work today.. Had a good nights sleep and although tummy is niggly I've got to try... Will come home if things start up again!

So ........ so far I've eaten scrambled egg with mattesson sausage and 100g total yogurt and I'm having a coffee with a splash of cream... Taking a chicken salad with some mayo to work and not really sure what I'll have tonight... Depends how the tummy is feeling I guess...

Yay!! Scales say 18.12 this morning which is the lowest I've been since I started dieting again in August/sept time... I'm thinking some of this is because I've been ill and not eating as much but also hoping if I stick to things it will stay off and carry on going down...

Ahhh feeling so much better! Tummy not hurting today!

Ate my chicken salad at lunch and had a bit of m&s egg mayo and then a few spoonfuls of m&s Greek yogurt...

Just had mange tout, meat balls and cheese sauce...

I imagine I'm a little over 20g today... Or if I'm not 15g won't have come from veg but I'm not going to worry... Just pleased I can eat again... :)

Well done. With atkins your carbs have to stay under 20g is that right?

Yeah that's right but 15g should come from carbs in veg ideally... Not sure everyone sticks to that rule but I'm going to try to...

So far today I've had scrambled egg with mattesson's sausage and a coffee with a splash of cream...

Meat ball and egg mayo salad for lunch and probably the last portion of broccoli and Stilton soup for tea :)

Hi cheeky.

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. Sounds like you're doing good so far. Glad to hear you're picking up too, it's really difficult to stick to a diet when you're poorly x

Back