atkins??

tatedmono

well im on day 14 here and lost 1st 2lbs so far. im delighted how the diet is going. BUT i miss the social part of diner...:cry:
I ve been looking thru different diets for my after tfr and came across the atkins diet.
did anyone knows if it would be ok to jump from tfr wagon to the induction phase of atkins??:confused:

Can't advise you on Atkins, I'm afraid but when I finish LT, I'm going on the Harcombe Diet which sounds brilliant to me! You could check out Zoe Harcombe on u-tube or look out for Stop Counting Calories on Amazon? Good luck whatever you decide.

I did a type of Atkins after LT last time it was 'the idiot proof diet' basically the exact same. It would be the best if you want to lose more weight but you'll need to stick strictly to it. I lost 21lbs on LT & then got to goal weight quickly with this modified Atkins diet.
Read up lots on Atkins. People think it all meat meat meat but actually it's one of the most healthiest diets as you won't be eating any refined carbs at all. HTH

Think I may have to look into both of these as although only on day 3 like to have it all planned out. Have loads of time to read now I am not eating!!

research

Currently, I am on Lipotrim but I'm already looking for ideas for my next step, I am very keen on slimming world, it's rather slow but it appeals to me. I am going to look into the diet Jessie mentions.
I think all diets work provided you work at them.:D

I've done slimming world after the birth of my little ones as could do it while breastfeeding and found it worked really well. However I tried it again in January and although I lost weight, it was frustraitingly slow after doing LT, so I gave it up pretty quick. However in that same time my friend lost nearly 3 st! I think I will go back to SW once I reach my goal weight as it does keep the weight off and I don't have to cook different food for the kids and OH. As u say any diet works if u stick at it.

For me I need to do atkins as I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I actually can't metabolise refined carbs at all and thats why I gained most of the weight back that I originally lost. With PCOS you crave refined carbs ironically. It really depends on your body type tbh what type of diet will suit you after and if you are the type that runs to the bread bin / biscuit tin I would 100% recommend it.

For me I need to do atkins as I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I actually can't metabolise refined carbs at all and thats why I gained most of the weight back that I originally lost. With PCOS you crave refined carbs ironically. It really depends on your body type tbh what type of diet will suit you after and if you are the type that runs to the bread bin / biscuit tin I would 100% recommend it.

I'm not the type that runs to the bread bin / biscuit tin, I have got to this stage over the last 20 years, slowly piling it up. I think SW will suit me fine. You are allowed 15 Syns daily, any craving can be satisfied within those limits. My only regret now is, not having found LT any earlier.

Last edited:
I did a type of Atkins after LT last time it was 'the idiot proof diet' basically the exact same. It would be the best if you want to lose more weight but you'll need to stick strictly to it. I lost 21lbs on LT & then got to goal weight quickly with this modified Atkins diet.
Read up lots on Atkins. People think it all meat meat meat but actually it's one of the most healthiest diets as you won't be eating any refined carbs at all. HTH

I have been reading around diets lately, one which caught my eye was Dunkan diet ( have I spelt it right) I was most impressed with an article I read. I can't find the link now but if I do I will post it here. Before Dunkan got into this diet lark, one of his friends wanted to lose weight so he told him to just eat protiens and drink plenty of water. The guy lost 10 Ibs in a week, from there Dunkan diet was born:D

Figure of speech re biscuit tin/bread bin. Dukan is a very badly modified version of Atkins. Atkins allows you to have protein and complex carbs (vegetables) and the key is taking in fat everyday i.e butters, oils, mayo. This buffers your liver into burning more fat kind of like when you add coal to the fire. I got to my goal weight within a couple of weeks on it last year. Got back into old bad habits on honeymoon but will be going back on it when I've done my 2weeks on LT.
I wouldn't be able to do SW I don't agree with those point based diets. Atkins all the way for me:D

Back